Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: You choose the slugmans fate  (Read 2006 times)

Evanissimo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You choose the slugmans fate
« on: December 21, 2010, 09:34:21 pm »

So I caught a slugman in a cage trap, and I was wondering what to do with him, when I thought "Ah! I'll ask the Internet!". So here is my question then: What should I do with Mr. Slugman?

Stoup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You choose the slugmans fate
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 09:36:22 pm »

Trap him in a rock salt maze.
Pressure plate traps in front of water sources, that cause the water to dry up.
Finally, when he reaches the exit, put him into your arena. He shall be the greatest honor his kind has ever known.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 09:41:14 pm »

Pit your military aganst him in an arena. BONUS : Have your fort watch this through glass windows. Preferably in dining rooms. Like Blockedlance. (See Community games and Stories)
Make him the fort mascot.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 10:08:23 pm by JacenHanLovesLegos »
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 09:46:05 pm »

Arena with a snakeman. Throw a single weapon in and see if they fight over it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 09:46:35 pm »

Construct a palatial, luxurious pet house for him. Make him the fort's official mascot.
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 09:50:17 pm »

Use him as a squishy training dummy for your recruits. I think trained military could kill him even with training weapons...
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Evanissimo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 10:12:17 pm »

Hmm... Maybye I should put him behind a glass window near the dining hall so that when the dwarves are eating they can all see him, and then not eat so much. That would save me a lot of food.

OOH I KNOW I SHALL PUT HIM ABOVE THE NOBLES ROOM AND DROP HIM IN WHEN THE NOBLES GET UPPITY!!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 10:16:30 pm by Evanissimo »

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 10:16:11 pm »

Hmm... Maybye I should put him behind a glass window near the dining hall so that when the dwarves are eating they can all see him, and then not eat so much. That would save me a lot of food.

You're just going to have infinite "cancels whatever I was doing, including important stuff: interrupted by Slugman"
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

melomel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 10:28:04 pm »

Edit the raws to make slugmen tameable; make sure they have [CAN_SPEAK] and [CAN_LEARN] too.  Let him roam free in your meeting hall/dining room/whatever.  If you're extremely lucky, your intelligent, friendly, and perpetually idle fixture of the fort will become mayor.

Your fort will be led by a hideous misshapen monstrosity, oozing slime, his very appearance an affront to any diplomat that dares trade with your people.  And--it gets better!!--beastmen mayors don't make demands.  :]
I HAVE THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND CRAFT ITEMS. I WILL TRADE THEM ALL FOR CHEESE.
7+7

Evanissimo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 10:31:28 pm »

Edit the raws to make slugmen tameable; make sure they have [CAN_SPEAK] and [CAN_LEARN] too.  Let him roam free in your meeting hall/dining room/whatever.  If you're extremely lucky, your intelligent, friendly, and perpetually idle fixture of the fort will become mayor.

Your fort will be led by a hideous misshapen monstrosity, oozing slime, his very appearance an affront to any diplomat that dares trade with your people.  And--it gets better!!--beastmen mayors don't make demands.  :]
I actually dont want to do that as I am having problems with the save files already, since im using the Phoebus graphics mod and am running it off my thumbdrive, but guess what guys... I caught 2 more slugmen!!!

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2010, 10:41:57 pm »

Construct a palatial, luxurious pet house for him. Make him them the fort's official mascot.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.

melomel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2010, 10:45:52 pm »

Hmm, you may be right.  I only downloaded .18 yesterday, and I don't know how much has changed.  In .16 all you had to do was change the raws in the main game folder and the save game folder, and all would be peachy.

If all else fails:  Goblins.  Arena.  Make clear glass windows so your fortress denizens can watch.  Suggest throwing in trained war animals, thus making the gobbos more like to die in crushing humiliation...  death by sentient blobs of slime that don't even have bones?  Priceless.
I HAVE THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND CRAFT ITEMS. I WILL TRADE THEM ALL FOR CHEESE.
7+7

Evanissimo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2010, 10:48:55 pm »

Construct a palatial, luxurious pet house for him. Make him them the fort's official mascot.
I'm still putting their pet house above the nobles bedrooms, so that when I need to dispose of a noble quick, i just open the appropriate slat, and *squish squish* goes the urist mcBurgoisie, disposed by none other than the forts mascots themselves.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2010, 10:55:28 pm »

I'm still putting their pet house above the nobles bedrooms, so that when I need to dispose of a noble quick, i just open the appropriate slat, and *squish squish* goes the urist mcBurgoisie, disposed by none other than the forts mascots themselves.
That would be considered a SUPER DWARF BONUS.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2010, 10:58:48 pm »

Give him some weapons, then feed him hurt animals untill he is a mighty warrior, THEN give him a pet house above the nobles quaters.

Hammerers arch nemisis: Slugman! Protecter of dwards who just want to work without putting up with these mandates.
Pages: [1] 2