Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Flagblinded:the law-abiding succession- Need Players!  (Read 18283 times)

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flagblinded - the law-abiding Fortress - Succession
« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2011, 04:08:27 pm »

I am afraid that my turn is going to creep up on me when I least expect it, at this rate, near midterms. I apologize, but I'd better withdraw from this game.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2011, 06:25:09 pm »

sorry. school has been tough. set me back a couple weeks.
by this I meant move my turn back a few spots, not that schoolwork set me back.

Suggestion for law: Any "useless" (ie has no useful profession skills or military skills above a certain level) dwarf who has been in the hospital for at least a month, or has an untreatable fatal/incapacitating condition, must be treated by the proved technique of water therapy. (There's a thread about the therapy somewhere.)

MODIFICATION: he may also be left outside during a siege, and die of natural causes. (once you get stabbed to death, death comes very naturally)

Like hell i'm going to leave this topic just because of pansy "real life" affairs.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 06:30:16 pm by ggamer »

youdont12know

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2011, 05:45:35 am »

water therapy?
Best thing to do about the blindness pandemic, train a lot of siege operators. Because they can't see enemies, they won't run in panic.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2011, 10:30:25 pm »

Maquox

• Bay Watcher
  • Pump Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2011, 11:27:19 pm »

water therapy?
drowning.

There was another water therapy, in which you let the hospitalized dwarf in a 4/7 depth room, and by training his swimming stat, he gets tough enough to leave bed.
Don't you just love magma-baked cookies?

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2011, 08:47:22 pm »

Yeah, I was thinking about increasing their thoughness too, but I'm not sure whether it works on the current version

next?

Yep, it's NobodyPro's turn now, sorry Coelacanth

I am afraid that my turn is going to creep up on me when I least expect it, at this rate, near midterms. I apologize, but I'd better withdraw from this game.

No prob, ask anytime to be added again.

Edit: Nobodypro won't be able to play, I'm sending a pm to Maquox
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 04:42:47 pm by xczxc »

youdont12know

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 22, 2011, 07:03:51 pm »

bump
Best thing to do about the blindness pandemic, train a lot of siege operators. Because they can't see enemies, they won't run in panic.

Maquox

• Bay Watcher
  • Pump Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 22, 2011, 08:43:21 pm »

I'm up!

Might take a while to get the first update, but I hope to let you know of anything soon enough :)

wish me luck!

EDIT:
I have a problem... a wave of immigrants just came in and there are a bunch of low-level dorfs who should do military service, but I can't appoint more squad commanders because there are no notable enemies... what do?
I can make a list of weaklings and give them military training when a gobbo or something comes, or make a temporary squad for this purpose.

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 07:28:00 pm by Maquox »

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2011, 10:24:55 pm »

Yes, the temporary squad will do fine. I think the military service law is above the squad commander one. You might also want to check the caverns.

Maquox

• Bay Watcher
  • Pump Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 24, 2011, 11:40:39 pm »

Diary of Maquox the Sane Leader
SPRING and SUMMER

I was named leader of Flagblinded just before this spring, and I really like the core of it... but it has some problems I would like to resolve.

Firstly, security seems to be crucial, and the entrance is sealed off from the outside pretty easily, a point in favour. But not so much care was taken to protect the fortress on other locations; the farm outside is really pretty, with all the plants, soil and farmers happily collecting vital food, but it is a hole in the ground... it screams INVADE OVER HERE!
Luckily for us, the solution is as simple as pissing-off an elf:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

To compensate for that, the past overseers seem to have made a really good job, aside from two relatively minor things:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Firstly, the fortress is a real mess... before eating some food, one has to swim across a sea of rock and dirt. And after engraving rocks all day long, Urist McFieryPuppies must sleep surrounded by MORE rocks!

I just appointed some slacking-off dwarves to move it outside or something, just get it out of the way...

Secondly, the industries involved in the fortress are limited to masonry, carpentry and metalsmithing. Me, I'm a civilized dwarf, I like clothes and need ropes, so I've assembled my miners and farmers and established a cloth production line:

Apart from that, all I will be doing is some improvement work, and maybe some crazy things to kill time.
I took the liberty of building a safe way for marksdwarves to get in position:

I am also in the process of making a cistern to store water in the freezing months, I will surely be unable to fill it in my year, as the non-freezing months of the year sum up to 1/2. But it might be specially useful if a long-term siege comes.

A miner took over a mason's workshop, I thought to myself "What could it be?", a table perhaps? a fine statue of Maquox? a nice golden door?

Well anyway, we now have a million-dollar hatch cover, the furniture stockpile will look so glamorous...

I don't know why, and I recall past leaders mentioning it, but I've been informed of several of these:

Armok knows what is going on down there... I'll just stay out of trouble for the time being.

I've got good news and bad news,
so I'll start with the bad:

and now the good:

All dwarves managed to get inside, and the sacrifice of those pests is more than welcome, praise the Hydra.

And what a good time for this!

Military material!

I managed to get the immigrants inside, assigned them some armor and stuff and on the military you go!
But just when I had everyone in position to go kill the menace, a human caravan appeared and killed the foul beast... well, no losses on our side at least, and we got all the wood they carried and some leather and cloth bins, along other stuff.

Autumn is up already, I hope action comes this way, we are prepared for anything!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 11:42:15 pm by Maquox »

youdont12know

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2011, 05:28:42 pm »

Good update. haven't seen one of those for too long.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 27, 2011, 01:03:38 am »

Autumn is up already, I hope action comes this way, we are prepared for anything!

Famous last words.

Maquox

• Bay Watcher
  • Pump Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2011, 08:59:14 am »

Diary of Maquox the Insane Leader
AUTUMN and WINTER

If you thought the last months were boring... you have no idea how the year ended...

The fortress as a whole has been improved in several ways:
I have cleaned the main areas:

I have also finished the redirection machinery needed to fill the cistern with water:
The lowest level has been connected with the fortress for security and maybe even fishing if the thawing period is long enough.

The arena is totally engraved and ready to receive a bloody massacre:

The Hospital was refurnished and given a well of its own (which is dry until the cistern is filled):
As the water demand rose quite a bit, additional wells were built alongside the only working one in the whole fortress:

All nobles have their requirements met, and some spare noble rooms were created and engraved:

A dwarf went berserk after not being able to find some absurd thing for a project he had in mind, and the whole army fell on him, he didn't even feel the last couple of blows... and he went bleeding to die inside the coffin room, such a nice fella, making it easier for us to bury him.
To avoid further killings, the jail was dug up, smoothed, engraved and set up with nice rooms and cages:

Lucky us, a dwarf finished an artifact which could very well be the finest in the fort:
Which amounts to the lamest collection of artifacts in the history of dwarvenkind:

Workshops were beginning to clutter, so I designated some storage rooms to be dug up:
This should alleviate the problem for the time being.

I also took the liberty of building a tower, it is quite high and has no useful function at all as of yet, but I made it so that it can easily access water from down below, which makes it ideal for an airborne farm or a functional Hospital away from danger.
With you, the only floor with something on it, a dormitory:

And with that, the year ends, the most interesting happening this half of the year was a goblin snatcher, and we captured the pedophile.

And so, I take my leave:

EDIT: as always, I forgot the save, here it goes: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3736
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 08:18:55 pm by Maquox »

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2011, 01:08:57 pm »

Thanks for playing, Maquox. It was nice to see the fortress again, and to have it organized. I hope we are ready for any type of invasion.

It's TurkeyXIII's turn now.

TurkeyXIII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2011, 03:13:26 am »

I'm a bit busy atm, can I be dropped a place or two down the turn list?
A medium-sized bird with a distinctive fleshy wattle that hangs from the underside of the beak, and a fleshy protuberance that hangs from the top of its beak called a snood.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12