Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Flagblinded:the law-abiding succession- Need Players!  (Read 18294 times)

youdont12know

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flagblinded - the law-abiding Fortress - Succession
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2011, 09:40:45 am »

because arbitary laws are the point?
Best thing to do about the blindness pandemic, train a lot of siege operators. Because they can't see enemies, they won't run in panic.

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2011, 01:00:35 pm »

There are arbitrary laws and arbitrary laws, that one is the latter. Rather than improving the gameplay, the challenge or the fun, it would become a mild annoyance for the player. So I'm against (Unless you get a majority that votes for it, which in that case I wouldn't have other choice but accept it).

Any updates ggamer?

youdont12know

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2011, 05:18:37 pm »

True, but it's also a way of providing an on topic comment. AKA a bump.
Best thing to do about the blindness pandemic, train a lot of siege operators. Because they can't see enemies, they won't run in panic.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2011, 08:56:29 pm »

Hello, there. Thought I'd express my interest in joining this.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2011, 05:27:38 pm »

It's friday already so I'm afraid we are going to have to skip ggamer. Its Coelacanth's turn now. I'm sending him a PM.

Edit: He's up for it.

Hello, there. Thought I'd express my interest in joining this.

You've been added.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 09:18:46 pm by xczxc »

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2011, 07:18:24 pm »

sorry. school has been tough. set me back a couple weeks.

Coelacanth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2011, 09:58:39 pm »

Woot! I shall begin tommorrow.

Coelacanth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2011, 09:47:44 am »

Diary of Coelacanth, Imperial Archaeologist
27 Obsidian, 127
It's been more than two years since we got approval to study the spire. The expedition should have arrived about this time, two years ago, and built the basic amenities neccessary for dwarven life. Perhaps they've even begun to excavate! I haven't been this exited in fifty years!  Finally a chance to examine the most mysterious anomaly our civilization has ever seen!  What is it's origin? Geological? Some artifact left by a mysterious prior civilization?  Something left here by the gods?  I can only speculate wthout hard data. The anticipation of my journey's end makes me shiver! or maybe that's the cold. Brrr. This is the last time I travel in winter, for sure.

30th Obsidian, 127

I can see the light glinting off the spire in the distance! The beauty of it is enough to make me forget how much all that light hurts my eyes. Can't wait to get underground.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2011, 10:56:05 am »

I like where this is going. Please, continue. :-*
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2011, 02:01:50 pm »

take care of gaaben, coelcanth. Don't let him die like xczzdc

Coelacanth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2011, 08:01:09 pm »

2nd Granite, 128
GRAAAHHHH!!!!!  This place is a disaster! It's like noone in the expedition even knows what they are doing here!  They've barely scratched the surface! The deepest these mudloving surfacedwellers have dug is 3 levels below the valley floor!  They all live and work in only the barest upper layers of mud! What's more, they seem to have forsaken all sense of order and descended into communistic anarchy. I found them all lazing about in the dining hall(I suppose it is a rather grand dining hall, if not fully polished), blithering. When I asked wh was in charge, they just looked at each other. I finally managed to find an "Expedition Leader", but she doesn't even have the basic amenities, or even her own room. What is with these dwarves? 60 Dwarves, and no leaders worthy of a proper title or chambers.

The room they showed me was a brilliantly elegant little apartment. Well designed complex. The deepest part of the complex, properly fit for dwarven habitation.
Sigh. This place is in need of strong leadership. I suppose I shall get precious little archaeology done in the coming months.  Still, I've ordered an exploratory core shaft dug, a bit away from both the fortress AND the spire. It's hardly satisfying, but at least it's SOMETHING related to my craft.

5th Granite, 128
As I settle sadly ino my role as administrator, I notice that the farms are way the heck out in the boonies. No need to farm where the water it: We're dwarves! We bring the water to us! I've made plans for farms and dedicated food storage and preparation areas immidiately adjacent to the dining room. Such an indoor space! Its like I've seen only in the mountainhomes.

youdont12know

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2011, 06:19:32 am »

bump

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2011, 12:45:29 pm »

Any updates, Coelacanth? More than a week has passed...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2011, 09:40:03 pm »

Suggestion for law: Any "useless" (ie has no useful profession skills or military skills above a certain level) dwarf who has been in the hospital for at least a month, or has an untreatable fatal/incapacitating condition, must be treated by the proved technique of water therapy. (There's a thread about the therapy somewhere.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

youdont12know

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2011, 06:57:33 am »

next?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12