Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Flagblinded:the law-abiding succession- Need Players!  (Read 18247 times)

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Flagblinded:the law-abiding succession- Need Players!
« on: December 21, 2010, 04:55:40 pm »

The History:

"In the late spring of 12, The Door of Ticks attacked The Great Snake of The Obscure Cactus at Youngroot. The dwarf Domas Frillpaged led the attack, and the defenders were led by the elf Camela Blazepillars"

Surrounded by elves and thirsty for expansion, the dwarven race began a series of skirmishes all across the land. The peaceful elves were brutally slaughtered for decades, refusing to fight. The dwarves grew confident.

It wasn't until the young elf Ecu Autumnalroared, having grown up seeing elves die and forests burn, realised action was needed and changed the course of war.

"In the late autumn of 38, the Obscure Cactus rejected and offer of peace from The Door of Ticks"

"In the midautumn of 39, The Obscure Cactus attacked The Boulder of Violence of The Door of Ticks at Rythmicmirrored. The elf Ecu autumnalroared led the attack"

"In the midautum of 39, the Obscure Cactus defeated the Door of Ticks and pillaged Rythmicmirrored"

Now, nearly a century after, the war is becoming increasingly fierce and both sides know it has to end. The dwarven king sent 7 brave dwarves far to the north away from the war. In case The Door of Ticks fall, those 7 would ensure the continuity of the dwarven culture. The elves discovered them.

The Site:

The Rules (read!):

- Each player has one week to finish his turn and three days to give the first update.

- Screenshots are strongly encouraged.

- The Fortress will have a series of rules which will be given by the players and which the active player has the obligation to follow.

- The first seven players and successive ones will form the council. The council will vote to approve a new law, change existing ones or abolish them.

- These laws can be anything from "compulsory military service for all immigrants" to "nobody works during Felsite" or "every dwarf must kill a goblin before having their own bedroom". Anything you want.

- Changes in the law will become effective during the next turn.

- Only players who have finished their turn satisfactory or pending to play can vote and add suggestions.

- You can ask for another turn any time you want. Doesn't matter if you already played or were skipped.

The Laws (so far):

1. It is forbidden to get rid of a noble (kill) if he has a rank higher than duchess or if his mandates are the source of a Fun situation.
2. Only soldiers who have killed ten goblins or elves can wear adamantine.
3. Dwarves who wish to be the commanders of a squad must first defeat a notable enemy in solo combat, in a ceremony made in a coliseum built for this purpose. Of course, the enemy must be defeatable by said dwarf.
4. Every peasant with a labor or skill lower than competent must spend at least 1 year in military service. If they have only a social skill that won't benefit from being an administrator, they also must take one year of military service. Only those dorfs with skills that can be effectively utilized are exempt from on year of military service.
5. Every dwarf who has a room must also have a cabinet and a chest.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 03:19:21 pm by xczxc »

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flagblinded - the law-abiding Fortress - Sucession
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 04:56:01 pm »

Order of play:

Pending Active Finished Skipped

1. xczxc 1 2 3 save
2. Deviled 1 save
3. ggamer
4. Coelacanth
5. NobodyPro
6. Maquox 1 2 & save
7. TurkeyXIII
8. SethCreiyd 1 2 3 4 5 6 & save
9. youdont12know
10. TehFruitcake
11. evilcherry
12. peregarrett Updates & save
13. ggamer
14. TurkeyXIII Updates & Save
15. Urist Imiknorris
16. Infiltrator
17. DuckThatQuacks
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 11:49:23 am by xczxc »

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
Re: Flagblinded - the law-abiding Fortress - Succession (Sign up!)
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 05:42:33 pm »

I'm in

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 06:21:06 pm »

as am I.

Coelacanth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 11:07:12 pm »

Sounds like fun. I'll play.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 11:55:25 pm »

Sure, I'll have a go.

Maquox

• Bay Watcher
  • Pump Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 02:04:05 am »

Ok count me in :)
Don't you just love magma-baked cookies?

TurkeyXIII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 06:21:17 am »

Awesome.  I'm in.
A medium-sized bird with a distinctive fleshy wattle that hangs from the underside of the beak, and a fleshy protuberance that hangs from the top of its beak called a snood.

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 12:02:46 pm »

Great, you are signed up, any requests on dwarves?

I'm starting now.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 01:57:17 pm by xczxc »

youdont12know

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 01:26:25 pm »

Can I still join? Warning though. I'm pretty new.

Also, if you are already accepting laws: no unfortunate accidents.
Best thing to do about the blindness pandemic, train a lot of siege operators. Because they can't see enemies, they won't run in panic.

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 03:49:02 pm »

Journal of xczxc, expedition miner

1st Granite

We have arrived. After nearly one year of travel we stopped the wagon. I still sometimes wonder whether it was really necessary to send us back here.

I'd have preferred a warmer place. It is so cold that not even our thick beards can keep us warm, they are all wet because of the snow. However the area is not that bad, it is an excellent strategic position, high up in the mountain, we overlook the whole zone. And there are a lot of trees, which means industry is near.

Our expedition leader designated a large area to be mined, tress to be chopped and plants to be gathered. It appears hard work it's on its way. I grabbed my gloves, made by my mother, swung my pick and hit the earth. I felt out of practice, at first, without being able to dig for several months, we took some time, but soon we started to get the hang of it.

2nd Granite

Praise Lek! Adamantine!! We found adamantine this high on the surface!

It must be a miracle! The Gods are surely on our side. We are sacrificing our Horse to them.

17th Granite

The weather is inclement and the cold creeks me to the bone. I fell sorry for those who have to work on the surface.

20th Granite

A rough entrance has been dug, we will be using it as a storage and dinning room until we finish digging lower parts of the fort. There are two rooms, also. One of them is the hospital, which doesn't have much but we don't expect accidents for some time. The other other is the communal dormitory, some dwarves complained it was too tight, but I told them it would keep us warm.

23th Granite

We have started digging farm areas, I have been assigned to dig the above ground farm area

28th Granite

It hurts.

I'm writing this from the Hospital. My right leg is completely mangled. I made an error while digging. The soil was so easy to mine, unlike the mountain, my pick cut the walls as if it were butter, it felt refreshing and I let go, I forgot to maintain a proper digging order and I paid for my error.

I had to drag myself to the fort, the snow was cold and it made me numb but it relieved part of the extreme pain I felt. Nobody helped me because of what I had done, a rookie mistake. When I arrived at the hospital I lied down on the bed, waiting for the doctor, all covered in snow, dirt and blood. One of the bones got entangled with the blanket and I passed out.

Lòr, our support nurse thinks I will be able to walk again. I'm praying to Lek, we need as many dwarves as we can get.

21th Slate

Today I heard birds singing, the dwarves tell me the snow is retreating, but I can see some concerned faces, the river is still frozen. They wonder if it will defrost at all.

I'm feeling guilty, a lot of jobs are being postponed because they need to feed me. Our woodcutter Ducim doesn't look happy at all each time he enters the hospital. He gives me creeps

I didn't want to drink his water, I thought it was poisoned but the dwarves tell me that's the way he is. When we were travelling he was always a grim companion. Likot told us that all his family was killed by the elves when he was young and as an only child, his childhood was tough. He just wanted to get out, that's why he is here.

He doesn't get along with them very well, except with Likot for the both of them share the common love for wood. Well at least Ducimhe spends a lot of time outside, away from us.

Another snow storm has come.

15th Felsite

My treatment is done, Lòr has done an excellent job, the splints around my leg are a little crude but I can mine as if nothing happened, he told me to be careful, though.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 04:25:42 pm by xczxc »

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2010, 03:52:44 pm »

I found adamantine! I didn't realised it was there for a while. Lucky, huh?  :D

Sure, as long as you know some absic stuff like farming and moving the military.

Seconded, I actually like nobles, they add the challenge (and I love prisons  :) ). If no majority opposes, it'll become effective for the next turn.

youdont12know

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2010, 03:58:04 pm »

I found adamantine! I didn't realised it was there for a while. Lucky, huh?  :D

Sure, as long as you know some absic stuff like farming and moving the military.
Well, I've never managed to make a fort survive long enough to get a military, but by the time it would be my turn I'll be okay. Hopfully.
Best thing to do about the blindness pandemic, train a lot of siege operators. Because they can't see enemies, they won't run in panic.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2010, 04:13:53 pm »

I would like to make a modification. no unfortunate accidents for those above the noble rank of duchess

as for a dorf...
gaaben, male.

TehFruitcake

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2010, 04:23:41 pm »

sign me up, if that's alright please
The Stray Kitten has been crushed by a drawbridge.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12