Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Flagblinded:the law-abiding succession- Need Players!  (Read 18249 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: Flagblinded - the law-abiding Fortress - Succession
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2010, 08:00:34 pm »

what about the council? the first seven players... does that mean that other players get added as their turns are completed?

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2010, 08:16:19 pm »

Journal of xczxc, Flagblinded's miner.

1st Hematite

We have an above ground farm up and running.

There is nearly no snow, but the lakes and river are still frozen, if they don't defroze, at least we will have farms.

8th Hematite

Great news! The river is alive!

It has lifted our spirits, some dwarves have started to whistle old song from the mountainhomes. We haven't been as happy as now for some time. We are turning this place into a proper home.

I am too ecstatic.

17th Hematite

Zan and Likot are both on break, although they have a lot of work to do, especially before the summer is over, they refuse to work. Apparently, some days ago, while they were having dinner they had a steel chips match and Likot won, Zan wanted a rematch and they have been playing for more than a week. Ducim, without nobody to talk to now, have been seen talking to our stray cat.

22nd Hematite.

Migrants! 5 of them! It was fantastic to see new bearded faces after all this time! They told us that back there in The Gilded Urns, word have arrived that The Door of Ticks is making a Fortress back here, and eager for adventure, they set off.

One of them has assumed the role of our manager and the other one is the new chief medical dwarf. Everyone of us feel safer with proper medical care. We just need soap

3rd Malachite

We have just finished digging out the underground farming area. the mechanics are finishing the linking and it should be up and running in the next month.

About time because our drink and food stocks are running low.

5th Malachite

We have a Trade Depot and Lòr started to make crafts, Some of the new migrants complained that everything was kind of messy. It is, but we must wait until me and gaaben finish the mining, which is a lot by the way. They are not moving a single finger to speed things up and they complain? I nearly punched Rovod.

8th Malachite

Water for the farms is flowing, but there is a downside, many parts of the river remain frozen so we have no river, but a lake. I'm afraid we are going to take most of this river-lake with the aqueduct to the farms

12th Malachite

So far, this has been the month of improvements! A brand new row of cage traps are at our entrance, no foe will enter Flagblinded without us knowing.

19th Malachite

A pack of wolves have been spotted near to our workshop area, way too near. The dwarves keep working as normal, I keep digging without think about them, but its difficult, especially when you remember there are only two axes for the whole fort. And they are made of copper.

28th Malachite

Scanning the area, I have discovered this is a very rich land (leaving aside the adamantine, which I go and stare for 10 minutes everyday), we have tons of bituminous coal, hematite and magnetite, we have saltpeter, among others.

13th Galena

A Sasquatch was captured by one of our traps. When they left him at the stockpile, a crowd of people surrounded his cage. I went to take a look and I still can't figure out what the hell that animal is. It will make a fine addition to our future zoo.

19th Galena

As a reminder, a snow storm has come. The precious three months of heat are nearly over. A long cold season awaits us.

We now have a food industry area. I think it looks good. All the heavy mining is now focused on the Meeting Hall

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2010, 08:17:25 pm »

what about the council? the first seven players... does that mean that other players get added as their turns are completed?

At first I thought that but now I changed it: pending and finished players can vote.

Maquox

• Bay Watcher
  • Pump Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2010, 02:22:50 am »

I'd like to be the fort's engraver once it gets larger,
Maquox, male (if possible)

New law:
Dwarves who wish to be the commanders of a squad must first defeat a notable enmy in solo combat, in a ceremony made in a colisseum built for this purpose.
Don't you just love magma-baked cookies?

youdont12know

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2010, 05:44:31 am »

aye.

Do wee get to name the dwarves?
Best thing to do about the blindness pandemic, train a lot of siege operators. Because they can't see enemies, they won't run in panic.

TurkeyXIII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flagblinded - the law-abiding Fortress - Succession (Sign up!)
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2010, 05:51:09 am »

new law: every peasant with a labor or skill lower than competent must spend at least 1 year in military service. If they have only a social skill that won't benefit from being an administrator, they also must take one year of military service.
any modifications?
Aye, but does that include labors that aren't or can't be utilised at the time?  So if an accomplished potash maker shows up...?
A medium-sized bird with a distinctive fleshy wattle that hangs from the underside of the beak, and a fleshy protuberance that hangs from the top of its beak called a snood.

youdont12know

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2010, 06:18:11 am »

then builda soapery. more Fun that way.
Best thing to do about the blindness pandemic, train a lot of siege operators. Because they can't see enemies, they won't run in panic.

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2010, 12:06:42 pm »

I'd like to be the fort's engraver once it gets larger,
Maquox, male (if possible)

New law:
Dwarves who wish to be the commanders of a squad must first defeat a notable enmy in solo combat, in a ceremony made in a colisseum built for this purpose.

I support that one, but wouldn't it be in conflict with the military service one?.

Edit: it isn't.

I want to propose another one: every dwarf must have a cabinet and a chest in their room.

I'll put you on the to be dorfed list.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 12:59:11 pm by xczxc »

youdont12know

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2010, 12:33:42 pm »

Oh, can we dorf ourselfes? i wanna be a random speardwarf recruit.
aye btw

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2010, 12:34:56 pm »

New law:
aye.
new law: every peasant with a labor or skill lower than competent must spend at least 1 year in military service. If they have only a social skill that won't benefit from being an administrator, they also must take one year of military service.
any modifications?
Aye, but does that include labors that aren't or can't be utilised at the time?  So if an accomplished potash maker shows up...?
I see...

MODIFICATION:
only those dorfs with skills that can be effectively utilized are exempt from on year of military service.

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2010, 09:16:35 pm »

Journal of xczxc, Flagblinded's miner

13th Limestone

Our 2z level roof Dinning Hall is finished, Placing furniture has begun. We also have finished sketching the plans for the housing area. When it's done it will look beautiful.

22nd Limestone

Everything have been running silky smooth around here, there is a lot more to do but things are getting done. A new entrance is in process.

2nd Sandstone

I claimed the first room that was available in the new complex. I took the design from an engraving I found in an old fortress on the way here. Since the two masons are on break all my furniture is made of wood.

New catacombs have been designated. We don't expect everyone to die violently but in case someone dies of old age, there will be a coffin waiting for his travel to the other side.

9th Sandstone

Today we heard a rumble deep in the mountain, sounded as if a section of a cavern collapsed, but since we didn't see a thing, it musn't be importat.

On other news, we struck gypsum! Apparently we will have a fine medical service.

14th Sandstone

7 Migrants have made their way to Flagblinded. After the greetings they are ready to work. the fort now has a full time engraver, two new blacksmiths, another woodworker, a soap maker and a useful mason. Oh and a miner who doesn't have a pick.

I particularly like the new engraver who has a weird name, Maquox, he must have been raised by Humans. He is too noble.

11th Timber

Today we moved the furniture and finished goods to the stoneworking area and something weird happened. When Zefon left the bins full of crafts on the finished good stockpile...they dissapeared. You can touch them, open them and interact with them, but you can't see anything. Maybe the Gods are making a practical joke.

14th Timber

Likot went on break again. It's his second time this year. I think he is getting used to being popular.

He's the dwarf with most friends on the entire fort, they all love him. Granted, he is elocuent and good looking but he's not that much. Armok.

18th Timber

A caravan from the mountainhomes has arrived. It is the first caravan we have ever got. The dwarves are excited, we are planning to let the dwarven world know we are here. And get supplies of course. I have also noticed there are deer running around. We could get a hunter, I have always loved deer meat.

21th Timber

Today Maquox ran into a kobold thief. The scum escaped and what's worse, the goblins know we are here. We need to get ready.

We traded most of our crafts for leather, booze, cloth and food. The merchants ended, I think, satisfied.

14th Moonstone

We finished digging the woodworking area, which includes the wood stockpile, so we set off to gather all the wood ducim has been cutting thoughrough the year and we all agree he kind of overcut the trees. Being a miner has its perks, I can remain sleeping or mining instead of colecting wood. A relief, really, especially during winter.

25th Moonstone

The merchants left. They told Lòr they really like crossbows and toys. He ordered crossbows for the next year. Woodmade.

5th Opal

I was awakened by horrifiying screams.

They came from the adamantine spire, I coulnd't sleep for the rest of the night.

6th Opal

OH                                          FUCK

Haunted by nightmares I went to see the spire myself...I found a hole which went so deep I couldn’t see the bottom. I'm afraid of what lurks down there. But the adamantine looks so good. I have started digging a refugee in case something bad happens.

13th Opal

While digging we have breached an aquifer, fortunately we were mining a tunnel away from the fort. We are very lucky for the aquifer is left of our room area.

27th Opal

Me and the rookie miner, Vabok, got trapped during the channelling of the refugee. When we got out, dehydrated and hungry, I told everyone it was Vabok's fault, not mine. As a result there is a ugly tunnel that cuts through the fort and everyone now hates Vabok.

2nd Obsidian

The refugee is done. In case of need, we, all gathered inside, can pull the lever:

Which will collapse a support up there

And we will get sealed. We just need to remember to bring picks and food.

15th Obsidian

A new row of traps is being built at the entrance. We are all happy, a lot of z levels below the surface, our fort has finished the crucial parts, Someone threw a party and we are celebrating, warm and comfortable.

Immediately after the party started we all forgot were the meeting hall was. And strangely enough, we found massive amounts of things to do. I, out of nowhere, have a whole room to dig.

27th Obsidian

I wonder whether Ducim should be the militia commander. He has the axe but...

he doesn't seem brave at all.

1st Granite

Ahh Spring. Finally! Looking back, it's amazing to see what we have done with the place. Flagblinded will stand. I wonder how the elves are doing.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 09:32:37 pm by xczxc »

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2010, 09:26:30 pm »

I got some nice surprises while running the fort, I didn't know there was an adamantine spire at the map and when I discovered the ghost I nearly fell off my chair, considering it can get out any time. I also liked the stones here, we have gypsum, LOADS of magnetite and hematite, tons of bituminous coke, lignite, among others.

The fort is messy but it works, I have dug most of the main areas, the room area is nice and we have a refugee in case HFS gets unleashed, or in case the elves kill us.

Notes for the future overseer:
- We don't have soap nor a proper Hospital
- There is no military in Flagblinded, if an ambush comes we are dead.
- I have placed notes in all the levers and rooms
- The law will become effective for your turn. Military service and squadron commander come to my mind.

Good luck and have fun.

Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3599
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 09:29:50 pm by xczxc »

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2010, 10:41:28 pm »

fun fun.

youdont12know

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2010, 09:23:00 am »

new law: at least one and at most three laws are added each year.

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2010, 10:26:02 am »

I'm downloading now.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12