Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Infinity - Universe Simulator MMO  (Read 4614 times)

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
Re: Infinity - Universe Simulator MMO
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2010, 05:15:41 pm »

Me too. I can't wait until this thing hits open beta.

[shamelessplug] I'm also in one of the last of the first corporations, Axis Inc. They're still active if you want to join up.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2010, 05:40:21 pm »

ive been watching this game sometime, and i expect, i will watch some more. From what ive read this game will be far more seemless, and far more exploration based compared with its competators.

Higher spec indies tend to have long development cycles. Natural selection 2 and overgrowth are both in about year 5 of theirs i think. NS2 is now in what they call a beta (my definitions arent great but id still call it alpha since features are still to be added). I suppose infinity could go the same route as minerwars and release an alpha with nout but a tech demo in it, but this can be a dangerous strategy.

My guess is that games like infinity, miner wars, naumanchia space warfare and heresy war are a sign that space sims will become a more indie genre like platforms, adventure games and traditional rpgs have. This might mean longer dev cycles, or low end tech but at least it will keep the genre healthy. The only other space sims going on are the X series, and expansions to EVE (yeh i know atari have announced a remake of summit and theres a few others).
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2011, 10:03:09 am »

I also came to dwarf fortress from the Infinity forums. Guess the two communities have somewhat like-minded people.

Also, yeah, I'm buying this the second it hits a shelf, I'll be that guy with a tent pitched outside of gamestop.

Guy in other tent: hey, you waiting for COD 8 too?
Me: Naw man, I'm here for Infinity.
Guy: what is that?
Me: A game where I can visit billions of different planets, go pew pew pew to other space ships, possibly fly into a black hole, you?
Guy: just the pew pew pew part... without the space ships.
Pages: 1 [2]