Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So, uh, I accidently a tiger  (Read 2894 times)

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So, uh, I accidently a tiger
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2010, 02:31:40 am »

As long as you didn't accidentally the WHOLE tiger, I think you're ok.

iyaerP

• Bay Watcher
  • has mandated the production of 3 gold shields.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2010, 03:59:35 am »

Just make a water chamber above the magma sea, and channel into it just so that it floods all around your adamantine

and BAM.

MOAR adamantine. if you do it extra wide, you can mine some of the obsidian too.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then youkill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Dwarf Fortress: So horrifying the players would rather talk about nice things, like Warhammer 40k.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2010, 07:26:10 am »

War lions kick ass too!

An enormous three-eyed tick. It has large mandibles and it has bloated body. Its slate exoskeleton is wrinkled. Beware its fire!

It ignored my FB-trap and creeped trough fortifications to my wells.
It smashed my military to bloody mess and fried a few war dogs.
It began to rampage my fortress and it seemed almost the end.

And there came Apouthret, war lion. she got her name after disposing a kobold, and it means "Nourishwhip"

The war Lion scratches The Forgotten Beast in the head, chipping the chitin and bruising the muscle and bruising the brain!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2010, 09:20:32 am »

When embarking on to a spot, go to the ride hand side of your "careful embark" items screen.  You can pick dogs, cats, etc. etc...  Depending on your home civ, you can have all sorts of animals.  I embarked with four elephants.

In vanilla Dwarf Fortress, this is impossible without modding. Dwarves will only have [COMMON_DOMESTIC] animals avaliable on embark, even if your civilization has tamed other animals in the past.

Subsequently, if you really want tigers you could just make them [COMMON_DOMESTIC].
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2010, 12:15:40 pm »

When embarking on to a spot, go to the ride hand side of your "careful embark" items screen.  You can pick dogs, cats, etc. etc...  Depending on your home civ, you can have all sorts of animals.  I embarked with four elephants.

In vanilla Dwarf Fortress, this is impossible without modding. Dwarves will only have [COMMON_DOMESTIC] animals avaliable on embark, even if your civilization has tamed other animals in the past.

Subsequently, if you really want tigers you could just make them [COMMON_DOMESTIC].

That's odd, considering I am running Vanilla Dwarf Fortress .18.  The only utilities I use are Dwarf Therapist, and I ran NO_EXOTIC which turns all PET_EXOTIC into just PET.  Unless it also adds COMMON_DOMESTIC, and just doesn't bother to tell me.

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2010, 12:46:18 pm »

"So, uh, I accidentally a tiger"

I accidentally a human being.

ext0l

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2010, 12:48:14 pm »

Once I got a tigerman. Those can be tamed without modding. I put him in the danger room and he got pretty decent combat skills.

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2010, 01:14:50 pm »

Apparently I accidentally an ettin.

Wondering what I can do with it now, especially since I also have two goblins, a troll fish dissector, and a rhesus macaque.
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2010, 11:53:09 pm »

I accidentally a kobold one time. It fell unconscious.

I wish I could say I accidentally HFS, but I never have.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2010, 10:22:38 am »

I accidentally a kobold one time. It fell unconscious.

I wish I could say I accidentally HFS, but I never have.
I accidently HFS one time. My 7 dwarves (It was a fort that lived only to mine the good stuff after it was in the third cavern) managed to down a clown. That just sounded wierd.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.
Pages: 1 [2]