Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Undead prisoners?  (Read 579 times)

themel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Undead prisoners?
« on: December 20, 2010, 03:51:49 am »

So I decided to embark on a haunted spot, and consequently my cavern inhabitants are all undead. I have a cage-trapped "airlock" room between the caverns and the main fortress, and once in a while a Zombie Plump Helmet Man will wander in there and end up in my animal stock pile, stinking up the entire place with the miasma that emanates from it. I can't get dorfs to move it to the practice cage in the barracks, and a kill order on the caged creature makes the execution squad stand around the cage without doing anything.

I've constructed and deconstructed their cages, but I can't seem to get the Zombie Plump Helmet Men OUT of them. What now? I've set up a garden of Zombie Plump Helmet Man cages on the farthest edge of the map now, but it feels unsatisfactory. Would undead creatures drown (assuming I can get the dorfs to hook up their cages to a lever...)?

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
Re: Undead prisoners?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 03:54:53 am »

I've constructed and deconstructed their cages, but I can't seem to get the Zombie Plump Helmet Men OUT of them.

that's not how it's done, you link the cage to a lever or pit the creature to release it

themel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 06:17:33 am »

Gah, of course, thanks for reminding me. I kept thinking of them as "walking food" instead of "food-shaped people", so I thought the rules for "walking food" like cows would apply. Their fault for looking like a (rotten, upper body missing) plump helmet.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 06:40:32 am »

Gah, of course, thanks for reminding me. I kept thinking of them as "walking food" instead of "food-shaped people", so I thought the rules for "walking food" like cows would apply. Their fault for looking like a (rotten, upper body missing) plump helmet.
Wait, if its upper body is missing isn't it just a stalk? a walking mushroom stalk?

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 09:52:08 am »

You could always simply place your animal pile in an almost closed room or outside to prevent their stink from covering your food.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.