Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So...

Carefully pry what you can see out of the mine with minimal vibration while floating on hoverboards (barely any Materials gained, but safe)
Restart Mining, get Material. (Steady Material flow again, but cause the burrowers to start appearing)
Ignore Mine. (Explain in post, please)

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 91

Author Topic: Trapped. - (Returning?)  (Read 59549 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Trapped. - Dice God's Favor!
« Reply #675 on: January 05, 2011, 08:19:18 pm »

That armor isn't going to be scratched by a couple grenades. I can guarantee that right now.
good luck wearing it, though. its pretty much as heavy as a 16th of the dome if you want a full set of it, and thats not even getting into how you're going to slice it in the first place...

(give me a minute or two to throw together a responce from Trader and to find my list of stuff for this time)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: January 05, 2011, 08:21:52 pm »

GOAT SACRIFICE FTW!!!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: January 05, 2011, 08:22:59 pm »

Well we could use it as a building material and reinforce the dome....... What is we stripped the armor and use it as a temporary plug for the hole until we it's fixed!
It's FEF, not FEOF

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: January 05, 2011, 08:23:55 pm »

Is the armor conductive?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: January 05, 2011, 08:25:47 pm »

slightly. enough for it to notice the zap from Nodachi, but not enough to really affect anything.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: January 05, 2011, 08:27:32 pm »

I mean so it might be valid for use in reinforcing the flying doomie doom deterrent.

EDIT: Or possibly power armor.  That might work too.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 08:30:27 pm by rty275 »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: January 05, 2011, 08:34:32 pm »

I mean so it might be valid for use in reinforcing the flying doomie doom deterrent.
It doesn't need to be conductive for that. the field is being projected just slightly over the dome, not directly onto it, since the dome isn't conductive.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: January 05, 2011, 08:38:32 pm »

And about the power armor? Hooking it into peoples nerves to act as a second skin sounds like a good idea to me!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: January 05, 2011, 08:50:04 pm »

Trader hits the thing, looks at the hole, and looks horrified.
"You plugged a handheld railgun into the power grid? you could have blown your arm off! Wait. no. much worse than that; look how much armor you penetrated with that! You could have killed me and blown up my ship if that had bounced off!"
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: January 05, 2011, 08:51:56 pm »

1. It didn't

2. It worked

3. Ok calm down how much of the thing do you want in compensation
It's FEF, not FEOF

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: January 05, 2011, 08:54:50 pm »

"Like Furtaka said, we didn't mess up, and we've done crazier things before."

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: January 05, 2011, 08:57:08 pm »

I'll grab a walking cane and rush out of the medical ward with doctors chasing me. I shall wave the cane angrily in the air at the trader and call him a "young whipper snapper!"
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 08:59:48 pm by Lillipad »
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: January 05, 2011, 08:57:26 pm »

"Find me wherever that missing chunk of the armor went and I'll give you one of everything I've got. Goddamn, just imagine how much a superarmor like that would sell for if I could make it reasonably light!"
x5 Subscript is thoughts.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: January 05, 2011, 08:58:40 pm »

*Checks and looks up at the ceiling* 
It's FEF, not FEOF

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: January 05, 2011, 09:00:04 pm »

"Asking for that much seems a bit... presumptuous of you.  Could another section do instead?Nerve power armor *drool*
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 91