Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So...

Carefully pry what you can see out of the mine with minimal vibration while floating on hoverboards (barely any Materials gained, but safe)
Restart Mining, get Material. (Steady Material flow again, but cause the burrowers to start appearing)
Ignore Mine. (Explain in post, please)

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 91

Author Topic: Trapped. - (Returning?)  (Read 59598 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Trapped. - Non-Helpers.
« Reply #525 on: January 02, 2011, 01:58:29 am »

New Poll. Mining-related, again. Important if you guys want anymore turrets or stuff built.

Again with the tying. Oi.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 02:40:49 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 02, 2011, 03:24:20 pm »

It's actually spelled װײ.  :D. I love novelty keyboards.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 03:26:18 pm by rty275 »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 02, 2011, 03:27:23 pm »

Double apostrophe line line?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 02, 2011, 03:30:16 pm »

No, it's Yiddish. I got a couple of novelty keyboards for my birthday, Yiddish, Egyptian(makes for a huge keyboard, believe me), and Russian.

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 02, 2011, 03:51:11 pm »

Tie? What tie? If there had been a tie, it has gone shoopdawhooppoof. Even if I had the right to vote, which I don't since that's not my character there, I'd be all for trying to reopen the mine again. I mean, y'know, the whole affair could have been more manageable with those people from that isolated mining village, but, hey, that would have been TOO much effort.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 02, 2011, 03:56:49 pm »

Tie? What tie? If there had been a tie, it has gone shoopdawhooppoof. Even if I had the right to vote, which I don't since that's not my character there, I'd be all for trying to reopen the mine again. I mean, y'know, the whole affair could have been more manageable with those people from that isolated mining village, but, hey, that would have been TOO much effort.
Bitter much?
But yeah, it seems that almost everyone is in favor of restarting mining. Especially me with my BEAM SWORD
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 02, 2011, 03:58:03 pm »

Indeed, the tie is no there anymore.
I'll get this part up soonish, as well as my other two games.

Trying to blast a tunnel though a mountain with a modded Rocklet Launcher in Cortex Command right now.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 02, 2011, 04:01:16 pm »

(In  character)

"Well... if we're gonna start mining again we might as well go save my village. Right? Right?"
It's FEF, not FEOF

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 02, 2011, 04:07:25 pm »

RP: AYE, I have decided to arbitrarily change my mind, and save the doomed village instead so that they could help us mine, since its not like i could mine with my BEAM SWORD.

(Out of character, saying BEAM SWORD, with different colors amuses me, if it really annoys anyone ill stop.)
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 02, 2011, 04:07:42 pm »

Considering I advocated ignoring the village, nah, that's not bitter; that's just, "well, if you guys could have magically ninja'd them over to you, that'd be useful."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 02, 2011, 04:10:32 pm »

The village is right over there.
*points towards vague black dot on horizon to the north*
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 02, 2011, 04:32:11 pm »

Out of curiosity, how long of a trip is it from the dome to the village? Estimate, of course, since, y'know, who knows if you'd have to take a detour in the event you run into HUEG doomy doom.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 02, 2011, 04:34:58 pm »

Acting like a normal person, 2-ish days walking.
Running like Furtaka was when he appeared, a day and a half-ish.

Mission Accomplished. Just a sec.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 04:46:00 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 02, 2011, 04:48:18 pm »

Out of character

oh dear we should probably build up the automated defenses and npc forces first
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 05:03:47 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 02, 2011, 07:00:50 pm »

WEEK 3, DAY 1
Spoiler: Explained Stuff (click to show/hide)
You lead the miners into the mines, after giving them the spare rifles. They bring the minecart with them. Furtaka stays outside and gets supplies together, after smacking a stubborn hovercart owner in the head with his Swordpistol who didn't seem to get the point of "WE'RE SAVING PEOPLE GIVE ME THE CART!"

(19, 26)
10 burrowers pop from the ground, but are disposed of. the Miners get an average cartful of Material out.
190 burrowers still in the mine.

Tunnel #2 (of 10)
(18,12)
Another ten are struck down, the miners finding just enough for another average cartful.

Tunnel #3
10 Medium burrowers were alerted by your previous mining and come out!
(4, 24)
Surprised by the sudden size increase, you four defenders only manage to get 8 of them dead, but the miners manage to kill the last two. (170)

Tunnel #4
This tunnel wasn't reached by the flamethrower? Crap, theres 50 monsters in here!
(2, 10)
The lanterns are smashed during the fight, and you hear someone scream. But theres no time to see whether or not it was a miner of a defender, you have to keep moving! You can feel the rumbling of a larger burrower getting closer.

Tunnel #5
20 medium burrowers accost you as you enter the fifth tunnel!
(22,18)
Finally, the miners get another average cart of Material out! It wasn't without some major guess-swording, though, since no one wants to turn back for more lanterns, the vibrations are getting closer! (110)

Tunnel #6
AAAAHHH!!! (50 small)
(3, 27)
Barely being able to see a thing, someone else dies.  You can't tell whats worse: Trying to mine near-blind and surrounded by doom monsters, or the large burrower chasing you. (60)

Tunnels 7&8 are hopelessly caved in, seemingly. the former entrances' piles of rock are covered with a black-glowing greenish goo, it looks like the same kind you saw aflame when the flamethrower was used.

Tunnel 9....None of you want to mention what happened in there.
All anyone ever got from them about it was "it was sticky...and those things...and, and....the clothes dissolving liquid...and...*dashes off yelling*"

Tunnel 10. lacking anywhere else to go, you now have to face the Large Tunneler. the oher 59 remaining monsters seem to be content in staying inside 7&8, or the sonar scan was incorrect.

(40, 30!)
Ya'll manage to kill it almost instantly, then help the miners push the full cart of Material into the dome. aside from your..experience in 9 and your lack of any clothes left between the 6 of you left, it was pretty successful. the Miners say they'll do it them selves from now on, and then dump the material with the rest and return to the depths with the cart, rifles in hands.

For the two deaths, I gave each of you a number (including the miners, so it went from 1-9), and used random.org to decide who died in the dark.

Spoiler: List (and Results) (click to show/hide)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 91