Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So...

Carefully pry what you can see out of the mine with minimal vibration while floating on hoverboards (barely any Materials gained, but safe)
Restart Mining, get Material. (Steady Material flow again, but cause the burrowers to start appearing)
Ignore Mine. (Explain in post, please)

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 91

Author Topic: Trapped. - (Returning?)  (Read 59590 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Trapped. - You Lack Materials!
« Reply #360 on: December 23, 2010, 09:35:17 pm »

Its possible intermittently. (Anyone remember the forcefield things during the Darth Maul fight in Star Wars Ep.1? like that, but actually harmful.) We have the technology power to do it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 23, 2010, 09:36:20 pm »

Yeah, buy all the mining explosives.
The laser wall would just depend on having a laser and something that wouldn't be damaged by it on the other side. If we have the power, do it.

Okay, so we can do it, but we can't power it indefinitely. Oh well. It's not like we actually fight the enemies all day, anyways.

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 23, 2010, 09:37:14 pm »

So that would effectively block an entrance?

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 23, 2010, 09:37:21 pm »

I'm pretty sure a 5x5 area of fire would more than suffice for the purpose the trap is supposed to serve. Every alien should be hit by it.
In the case of critical failure causing it to explode, it has its own compartment. You shouldn't be standing under it in the first place. Also, flamethrowers don't use oil, they usually use flammable liquids for military grade and flammable gases for commercial brand, so shrapnel is really the main worry.

Aklyon: I'll try to capture some live subjects with their stun cages in exchange for the suit.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 23, 2010, 09:40:14 pm »

On an aside, is it possible to skin the armored ones, cut up the armor, then use it in the railgun for perhaps better penetration?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 23, 2010, 09:41:37 pm »

You guys don't have a normal flamethrower, though. this is one that was stolen from the remains of a Nod Flame Tank, which can damage pretty much anything. (including your other tanks :( ::) )

alos, its only one cage, Lilli. I meant it when I said the cage and a railgun (or a couple traps).
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 23, 2010, 09:43:15 pm »

What is the extent of the common technology anyway?

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 23, 2010, 09:43:35 pm »

You want to use chunks of a corpse in the railgun? That's hilariously disturbing.

Aklyon: Okay, I'll try capturing several subjects over several turns. Unless someone else wants to use it, in which case I'm okay with waiting longer. I meant it when I said there's no rush on getting the suit.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 23, 2010, 09:44:18 pm »

What is the extent of the common technology anyway?
what do you mean?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 23, 2010, 09:46:18 pm »

I mean like lasers and hoverships, or just achieved faster than-light-travel.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 23, 2010, 09:47:20 pm »

Well,the railgun rounds are just sharpened dice at the moment. They could easily be switched out to steel kinetic penetrators of similar size and shape.

Wouldn't we use the armor as, well, armor?

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 23, 2010, 09:48:47 pm »

They are probably larger than us to use their skin as armor, but if sharpened, it could likely penetrate the same kind of armor, and as they evolve new armor, we start using the new armor-skin as ammo.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 23, 2010, 09:50:36 pm »

Yes, but we can, you know, cut the armor into man-fitting pieces.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 23, 2010, 09:50:58 pm »

It would have to be conductive for it to work with the railgun though. Aklyon suggested that it was less conductive than normal, but not enough to matter. The more the armors evolve, the less effective they'll be in the railgun.

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 23, 2010, 09:53:44 pm »

Actually I think making it into armor is a great idea. Lets get the town tanners curing and tanning horrible abomination hide, then have them pass it off to the leather workers to cut, bolt, scrape, and fashion the horrible abomination leather into armor! (None of this is sarcasm, it just sounds too cool not to describe)
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 91