Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So...

Carefully pry what you can see out of the mine with minimal vibration while floating on hoverboards (barely any Materials gained, but safe)
Restart Mining, get Material. (Steady Material flow again, but cause the burrowers to start appearing)
Ignore Mine. (Explain in post, please)

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 91

Author Topic: Trapped. - (Returning?)  (Read 59597 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Trapped. - The Return of The Good Luck!
« Reply #330 on: December 23, 2010, 05:16:32 pm »

WEEK 2, DAY 2, PART 2

ARMORED BEASTIES evolve from the mooks! 5 charge at each gate!
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Griph Stands at the Southern Gate and organizes his new equipment. The Chainblade is in one hand, the Greatbow next to him leaning on the gate, and the flamethrower sitting next it it. His leg still is in much pain.
Roll: 3
--Ranged Chainblade Roll: 11
+2 electro-trench bonus
-1 for injury
-1 for armored foe, 14/40

Griph manages to kill 3 of them, and two are stunned by falls into the electro-trench. A scientists sees this, and runs back towards the engineers to ask about a new stun cage idea after seeing the trenches.

Zeno, still grumbling, walks back to the med ward.
George now has TWO ENERGY SWORDS! But he had to take a shower first to be able to get near Trader.

Zeno Roll:
--Tesla Charge roll:

George Roll:8
--Dual Wielding Roll:3
-1 for armored foe, 10/40

George beats two of them, but is knocked into the building behind him by the other 3! Trader's guards both pick up the remaining flamethrower and roast the 3 before they get any farther in, and them appropriate the remains of all 5 near George as payment.

Twil, now insulated in his suit atop the now fully powered, IAAODE-protected dome, reloads his sniper rifle and looks for the weakest point of armor. It reminds him of the old days in the military.

Kenwashi puts down his plans and notices Twil atop the dome in the suit. "Great idea, dude!" He yells, and Twil waves at him before returning to his search.
Twil Roll: 3
--Sniping Roll:1
+2 for high elevation
-1 for armored foe, 5/40!

Kenwashi Roll: 2
--Dual Wielding Roll: 3
-1 for armored foe, 4/40!

Railgun Roll: 18 (armor not heavy enough for railgun penalty)

Twil and Kenwashi failtrain, bigtime. Thank god for plugged-in Railgun at full power!

there are now 0 TINY ALIENS, 5 SMALL, 25 MEDIUM ALIENS and 50 HUEG CHUNKS. dead and ready to trade. Griph has 0 SMALL and 3 MEDIUM and some of the HUEG CHUNKS in his pile. Trader is here.

Health:
Griph: OK!
Zeno: OK!
George: OK!
Twil: OK!
Kenwashi: OK!

RP/Non-RP time go!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 23, 2010, 05:25:17 pm »

Thank god for the railgun and Trader guards!

By the way, are the engineers done with the insulated gloves?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 23, 2010, 05:29:13 pm »

yes, but they might need them again if they agree with the scientist's idea.
ask hastily!

(also, I'm going to make up another report thing to give you guys an impression of how much MOAR POWER we have now.)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 23, 2010, 05:33:13 pm »

I ask the engineers for two industrial batteries, covered copper wire, and some insulated gloves.  If they agree, I then grab a backpack, put the batteries in the backpack, hook a battery up to each katara with the wire, and then I'm ready.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 05:36:17 pm by rty275 »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 23, 2010, 05:36:38 pm »

"Sure, go ahead and take them. But please bring one of the dead armored things over here so we can test the feasibility of Steve's stun cage idea"
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 23, 2010, 05:38:01 pm »

"Got it" I drag one of the smaller ones over.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 23, 2010, 06:10:36 pm »

Twil sighs at his bad luck, but yay! Railgun is effective!
Other railgun is open for placement at other gates, by the way.

Now then: We have power! Autoturrets ahoy!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 06:14:10 pm by Twi »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Trapped. - You Lack Materials!
« Reply #337 on: December 23, 2010, 06:26:10 pm »

We don't have much material left to build with, though. The ore mines were outside, to the south.

And while it is possible that you guys could set up enough turrets if we had the materials, we don't. We only have enough for the stun cage and another railgun. (most of what was stored was used to rebuild the secondary generators)

And if you guys leave the dome you could get ambushed, surrounded, surprise attacked, smushed by HUEG BOSSES who didn't even notice you, and probably have to fight to even get into the likely doomie-infested ore mines.
You guys also have no picks or hauling equipment, and good luck trying to convince the miners to leave the dome.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 23, 2010, 06:59:25 pm »

The stun trench seems to be serving its purpose well. I'll ask the engineers to get to work on a suit that resists electricity so the trench can't stun me too. No rush on it.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 23, 2010, 07:14:20 pm »

What about rubber boots. You guys are spending material like there is no tomorrow...
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 23, 2010, 07:18:05 pm »

Yes Ochita, because rubber boots would completely stop the trench from shocking the rest of me at all.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 23, 2010, 07:20:48 pm »

Yes Ochita, because rubber boots would completely stop the trench from shocking the rest of me at all.
Heres a solution. Don't get shocked.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 23, 2010, 07:24:59 pm »

STill need the bow which will hoepfully serve me better then Mr Tesla

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 23, 2010, 07:30:56 pm »

Do you mean me with my tesla swords? Or do you mean Zeno with his Tesla Charge?

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 23, 2010, 07:46:54 pm »

Can you guys hold off on the railguns so I can install some fire traps for the gates?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 91