Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So...

Carefully pry what you can see out of the mine with minimal vibration while floating on hoverboards (barely any Materials gained, but safe)
Restart Mining, get Material. (Steady Material flow again, but cause the burrowers to start appearing)
Ignore Mine. (Explain in post, please)

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 91

Author Topic: Trapped. - (Returning?)  (Read 59558 times)

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trapped. - Dice God's Favor!
« Reply #630 on: January 05, 2011, 12:14:59 am »

I pull a gentelmany cane, top hat, and cup of tea out of hammerspace, turn around, take a sip, wait until they explode, and slowly walk back to the dome to help.

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: January 05, 2011, 02:19:28 am »

Well, then. Considering what I thought of for my character (fantasy logic!), I am not entirely sure how appropriate it is for him to ninja out of the darkness. However, it may be enitirely possible, the Trader being the dick he is, that he brought Gustave to the planet earlier and just had him stealth amongst the people, completely pretending to be unimportant! Unless Aklyon feels like bringing him back now; perhaps not to trade, but just to say, "GET OFF MY SHIP."

In any case, Aklyon, do you mind doing a SUPER INVENTORY REVIEW. I easily lost track of every item brought, bought, and left upon the battlefield after an unseemly death. A shotgun hopefully unafflicted by Teh Suckage is all fine and well, but Gustave and I would like to see options.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: January 05, 2011, 12:02:05 pm »

SUPER INVENTORY REVIEW!

4 Assault rifles (taken by the miners)
1 Addy sword (unused)
1 shotgun (unused)
1 shotgun (Gustave's)
1 pile of shrapnel formerly known as shotgun.
1 Sniper rifle (twisted beyond repair)
1 Plasma sword (now Electro Sword) (formerly George's)
2 shovels
2 Railguns
1 Chainblade (Griph's)
1 Tesla/Railgun Katara (Nokami Clan's)
1 Tesla Blaster
1 Repaired Stolen Nod Flame Tank's Flamethrower
2 Sorazatsu Greatbows (not a crossbow)
1 Beam Katana (formerly George's)
1 Swordpistol (Furtaka's)
8 grenades
JUSTICE! Fists (Harlon's)

Not actually in-game yet:
1 Bightsaber
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 03:50:06 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Trapped. - Dice God's favor!
« Reply #633 on: January 05, 2011, 03:35:06 pm »

While looking for any weapons I missed ( it's up), i believe I found were our (delayed) epic luck came from.
They do tend to work better for me as well. Of course that may just be my weekly sacrificial goat for the dice gods.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 03:51:48 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: January 05, 2011, 04:08:01 pm »

You forgot the flamethrower I bought, unless that's already been converted into the previously mentioned flame traps I wanted to make.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: January 05, 2011, 04:10:35 pm »

You forgot the flamethrower I bought, unless that's already been converted into the previously mentioned flame traps I wanted to make.
1 Repaired Stolen Nod Flame Tank's Flamethrower
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: January 05, 2011, 04:11:11 pm »

When was it broken?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: January 05, 2011, 04:13:43 pm »

It got bashed out of the way when the flaming doomthing that killed Twil smashed through the mine wall.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: January 05, 2011, 04:14:06 pm »

Do we also possess an infinite number and variety of game dice? If so, that's an important feature to include in the SUPER INVENTORY REVIEW. Why, if that were true, I promise Gustave would be more than ecstatic to spend his time scattering those dice around the dome, preferrably treated with an exceptionally sticky (alternatively: slippery) coating to fluster assailants. Naturally, flustered doom would be immediately accosted by Gustave's shotgun.

Also, if there are any nearby trees (nearby as within visible sight of the dome), and if proper sharp implements were at Mister Guischard's disposal, I reckon he'd like to attempt to harvest some lumber in an attempt to turn the surroundng land into an obstacle course. If such is unfeasible, he'd also like to consult with the Trader for gimmies like "an infinite supply of board games"; Gustave could use those to create a distracting landscape full of Life Tokens and Monopoly Money. Should THAT be unfeasible, he will inquire about borrowing a shovel before proceeding to make the land an offensive nightmare. Unsophisticated? Yes. Brutal? Absolutely. Funsies for everyone? YOU BET.

In addition to the above, he'd like to see about acquiring a Portable Light Source and an Adhesive Substance (such as duct tape) in order to have light in the event he must fight in the dark against the forces of doomy doom. If he could somehow take the blade of a sword and implement it as a bayonet (high quantities of realism, but let's consider what's been suggested thus far), that'd also help his shotgun not be afflicted by Teh Suckage, and it would go long and far towards helping Gustave slay his foes... so long as, y'know, he doesn't critically miss.

All right. That's enough wordiness. LET'S GET ON WITH IT! Implementing the above, that is. It'd be helpful. ^_^

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: January 05, 2011, 04:20:04 pm »

Furtaka has a reverse bayonet-like thing, a normal one would be fine. And we have unlimited dice ammo (since I said we're not keeping track of ammoin the OP), but not unlimited dice. And we're inside a jungle.
Did you want to switch weapons, or stick with the shotgun?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: January 05, 2011, 04:22:06 pm »

Curses. Well, I had to try about the dice. Anyway, I'll stick with the shotgun. Let's not get overcomplicated here and assume my character can use all sorts of ninja hax. Until the shotgun confirms it is actually Teh Suck, it will be fine.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Trapped. - Named Beast!
« Reply #641 on: January 05, 2011, 05:31:59 pm »

Week 3, Day 4 (part 1)

NAMED BEAST Hykarino the Destroyer has made it to the dome after crushing at least 4 villages! He is Large, Extreme Armored, and is missing an arm!
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Griph keeps getting blocked by the doctors while trying to get out, even though he doesn't feel burnt. Argh.

Gustave and Nodachi stare at the thing stubbornly as it approaches them.

Gustave Roll:5
-5 armor penalty
Nodachi Roll:21
-5 armor penalty
+2 Electric

Harlon and Furtaka dash over.
Harlon Roll: 35
-5 armor penalty
Furtaka Roll: 20
-5 armor penalty

Gustave and Nodachi, being the closest, shoot first. Gustave's shotgun is unfortuitously of Teh Suck kind, and barely scratches the thing. Nodachi does much better, shocking it but also not actually hurting it. After getting over to East Gate, Furtaka stabs it to minimal effect, yet Harlon's massive sledgehammer blow damages it through the massive plate of armor! Woo for force transmission!

The beast roars in surprise after getting hit by Harlon, and SLAMS the ground!
Roll: 31
Saves (need half or more): 35,29,37,16
Everyone dodges the blow, Furtaka just barely doing so.

Any strategies, or just keep going?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 05:53:52 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: January 05, 2011, 06:16:49 pm »

I'll use a cardboard box to escape the clutches of the medical ward if you'll allow it.

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 05, 2011, 06:19:04 pm »

It looked like Nodachi's attack had some potential despite the armor penalty. You folks reckon there's any way we could give this armoured beast a shockingly good time!?

Naturally, Gustave must yell the gist of this in a sardonic attitude while glaring at the NAMED BEAST and wondering why Teh Suck Shotgun had to reveal its true colours now.

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: January 05, 2011, 06:21:15 pm »

Aim for the joints, preferably ankles, backs of knees, and hips. Cripple it if possible. As I am using electric weaponry, I will attempt to sneak behind it and target the spine and other major nerve areas.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 91