Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So...

Carefully pry what you can see out of the mine with minimal vibration while floating on hoverboards (barely any Materials gained, but safe)
Restart Mining, get Material. (Steady Material flow again, but cause the burrowers to start appearing)
Ignore Mine. (Explain in post, please)

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 91

Author Topic: Trapped. - (Returning?)  (Read 59606 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Trapped. - Split?!
« Reply #510 on: December 31, 2010, 11:05:29 pm »

Hmmm we head to the dome and train a rescue party made up of NCPs
It's FEF, not FEOF

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 01, 2011, 10:14:03 am »

After gandering at this entire topic, I have two contributions:

• What would the colonists need to create another outside antenna? Given the circumstances on the planet, what with "monsters of horrible doomy doom" effin' this shit up and all, is a repair attempt even remotely feasible in order to say OHAYHOMEPLANETWENEEDHELPPLOXKTHXBAI?
  • I would like to be added to this magical waiting list of magical rainbows and candy canes. Ergo, I have provided a character for summary addition - and, likely, execution.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 01, 2011, 12:23:58 pm »

They'd really just need time to fix the thing at this point, the mine is (somewhat) open now. And someone (or several peoples) to defend the thing long enough for them to use it.
Also, hey Grimith!
Also Also, added.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 01, 2011, 12:37:17 pm »

uhh okay I'm not use to planning like this so I will just wait for someone else to come up with an Idea
It's FEF, not FEOF

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 01, 2011, 12:56:34 pm »

Thats pretty much what I'm waiting for, too. what are you guys going to do after the tunnel is clear?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 01, 2011, 01:31:32 pm »

Hiya, Aklyon. I looksied at the links in your signature, thought I'd take a peek, and VOILA! I hope you don't mind me contributing with the power of Playerspeak while my character waits in the wings; I mean, it's not like I want these guys to get killed or anything, because that would throw me in the spotlight, so, truly, we both know I'm going to try my best to help. Ergo, considering how much effort the populace in the dome has given to militarizing and going out to make teh pewpew, I highly doubt they're going to take upon themselves the responsibility of saving a mining village. Besides, what if the mining village gets saved, yet the dome gets screwed in the process? Bad move. Unless this is the most badass mining village ever filled with dwarves, fey moods, and lava, you'd be screwed. Have Harlon get the miners required to rescue George and Nodachi, then see about replacing that antenna to get in contact with someone other than the Trader who's bilking this place for profit.

On the other hand, if that seems too inhumane, at least get more information about the mining village - how far away it is, how many people are there, all the supplies they have, and so forth - in order to make a better-advised decision. Alternatively, you could go for broke, get everyone killed, and have five new people attempt to somehow make the damn thing work.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 01, 2011, 01:44:49 pm »

Its a dwarven village at the least, if they managed to survive with no wall.
I already had the miners coming next turn, at this point I'm just waiting for eveyone else to decide where to go/what to do afterwards. I suppose I should change the poll, since that seemed to work before.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 01:48:09 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 01, 2011, 02:23:35 pm »

Gah! I leave for a week and we only really do a couple of turns? But anyway, I disagree with Grimith.  We need the materials the mining village can provide.  If we just keep going as we have, the monsters will get stronger and stronger, while we will stay the same. They would beat us via either swarming, massive armor, or "going out to make teh pewpew".  Without those materials, the dome is lost.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: January 01, 2011, 03:36:15 pm »

That week had like, 3 holidays in a row in it, though. People weren't here and stuff.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 01, 2011, 03:55:22 pm »

I just noticed I completely screwed up the directions of the gates in several posts, according to the map. Northwestern and East Gates, not Northeast and West.
*facepalm*

perfect tie in the poll right now. great. ::)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 08:53:39 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 02, 2011, 12:13:45 am »

Apparently it's not a tie anymore.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 02, 2011, 12:15:35 am »

... :'(
It's FEF, not FEOF

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 02, 2011, 12:55:11 am »

Well, I doubt we'll get past 7 votes, so like Grimith says, Lets get on with it!

"Oi! You two still alive back there?" says one of the miners as they push aside the last rock.
"Yes! Thank you! and we got a new guy,too!"
"Oh, nice, ya. Well, come on, the gates won't d'fend themselves (yet)!"
"But, the surviving village.."
"As much as it would help us, Furtaka, We don't have the manpower to feasibly do so without dooming our own home. They've survived this long, they can hopefully keep on doing so."
"Bu-"
"Sorry."

Furtaka: :'(
George & Nodachi:  :-\ 8) :-X

next wave incoming. It'll be Week 2, Day 7, since it took a day for all of that to happen, and an extra day for Furtaka to get over it, and Harlon to be able to punch well again.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Trapped. - Non-Helpers.
« Reply #523 on: January 02, 2011, 01:35:31 am »

Week 2, Day 7

...What? lone mooks? Srsly? (the secret roll that decides whether or not the next step up is coming utterly failtrained. That obviously deserves a special event.)
Spoiler: Map (Up to date) (click to show/hide)

Griph, not knowing there was a surviving village, is confused when he sees Furtaka sad. He shrugs and goes to the southern gate.
Roll (Total, including bonuses): 33
+1 for Ridiculousness
*ShingSliceThud* Pretty much a day off to him. Hmm, is there a pub/tavern/bar in the dome?...

George and Nodachi, glad to be in daylight again, notice the sign is actually correct this time. 'East Gate' indeed.

George Roll:28
+1 for Ridiculousness

Nodachi Roll:21
+1 for Ridiculousness
Nodachi blasts the thing twice, and then sits down. George just stands there, not actually needing to do anything today.

Harlon sees the mook before the even get to the gate and dashes off, not even letting Furtaka finish his sentence.

Harlon Roll: 38
+1 for Ridiculousness

Furtaka Roll: 20
+1 for Ridiculousness

Harlon punches its head off, and then wipes his fists off. Done already? Furtaka finishes his sentence.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trapped. - Non-Helpers.
« Reply #524 on: January 02, 2011, 01:50:15 am »

Okay then.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 91