Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So...

Carefully pry what you can see out of the mine with minimal vibration while floating on hoverboards (barely any Materials gained, but safe)
Restart Mining, get Material. (Steady Material flow again, but cause the burrowers to start appearing)
Ignore Mine. (Explain in post, please)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 91

Author Topic: Trapped. - (Returning?)  (Read 59379 times)

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: Trapped. CHARGE!
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2010, 12:42:01 am »

Random note:
First action, if possible, should be to seal off two of the three entrances as best we can, so that we can divert more people (three?) to the one remaining entrance.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2010, 12:45:10 am »

Twi, the point of the game is to guard three points. What would happen to the game if two of those three are sealed off?
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2010, 12:51:51 am »

We can't seal the entrances anyway, the dome wasn't built to be breathable like a shirt, its just a generic toxic atmosphere-proof dome. (the atmosphere is breathable, though)
Update making.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2010, 12:54:12 am »

Perhaps so, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't exploit every means possible to survive.
And this is the Dwarf Fortress forums.

We can't seal the entrances anyway, the dome wasn't built to be breathable like a shirt, its just a generic toxic atmosphere-proof dome. (the atmosphere is breathable, though)
Update making.
Knew it!

Then again, with enough concrete...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2010, 12:56:37 am »

DAY 1
They come, and The Dome is fully prepared. 5 come per side, barely strong enough to count as scouts.
Code: (Map) [Select]
......................___ooooooo___.....................
................._ood88888PPPPP88888boo_................
..............,o888P"''           '`"P888o..............
............o88P"'                     `"Y88o...........
..........   P'                           `Y88o.........
........,8 Twil&                             Y88........
.......d8P Vads                                Y8L......
......d8F                                       Y8b.....
.....d8P                                         Y8b....
....,88                                           88....
....88[                                           ]88...
...,88                                             88...
...]88                                         Bo&   ...
...]88                                      George   ...
....88[                                           ]88...
....Y8b                                           d8P...
.....Y8b                                         d8P....
......88.                                       ,88.....
.......Y8L                                     d8P......
........Y8b.                                 ,d8P.......
.........`Y8b.                             ,d8P'........
...........`Y88o_                       _o88P'..........
.............`Y888oo_     Griph     _oo888P'............
................`"P8888oooo  ooooo8888P"'...............
.....................'`""PP  PPP""''....................
Griph Stands at the Southern Gate, scared yet also not scared at the same time. This 'ere Sword never let 'im down before, why should it now? CHARGE! ((Lilli, if you want Griph to have a different battle cry or whatever, post it))

Roll: 18
Griph slices through all 5 of the weaklings with ease, and calls a challenge to the forest. "Is that all you got?!" >:( 8)

Bo stands at them there gate,which one was it 'gain? East? na, there ain't no east gate ya dummy! The West Gate! Bo is standing at the Western Gate wi' Betty!
...Where is my goshdarn backup guy? Ah, there he..is...George the murderer?! Well, as long as 'e keeps his damn distance, I s'pose it'll be fine.
George just stands there, listening to the loud redneck. Why oh why did he have to help the freaking redneck shotgunner? Griph, Twil, even Vads would've been better! But Griph went and volunteered to die, so I'm stuck with the new guy. *sigh*

Rolls:18,11
Bo blasts 3 right out, and severely injures 1 more. While he reloads, George slices it and the other to pieces.

Twil stands at the Northeast gate, glad theres finally something to shoot.Of course, there being stuff to shoot is actually a bad thing on this scale, but look at 'um! they shouldn't even be counted as scouts, the tiny lil buggers!
Vads also stands at the Northeast gate, wondering who the hell let the movie plot loose. Oh well,he thinks, a jobs a job. *Cha-chink!*

Rolls:20,5 (WTF?)

Twil shreds all 5 to pieces beofre Vads even notices them, and then yells at Vads for not helping.

Griph's high rolls will be more slightly damaging than the others, to offset his loneness a bit.

Any RP talking you guys want to do (or non RP), or should we skip to day 2?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 01:01:13 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2010, 01:01:05 am »

Hell yes!
Notes for various actions that are not RP nor combat: Construct waist-height barricades at Northeast and West Gates. We need cover for our gunners.
For RP:

----
Twi contemplated the hopelessness of their situation.

"There's no way we can survive the horde like this. There are three entrances and only five soldiers to defend them. A good fortress can hold out against massively greater numbers of foes, but this isn't a good fortress. Our best bet would be to seal off two of the entrances with concrete and fortify the third like there's no tomorrow: maybe even shut ourselves off from the outside world completely, but we need the tech from the outside. We need some serious force multipliers: powered armor; robotic defenses, or remote defenses controlled by the citizenry; better weapons; more people; anything."
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 01:09:59 am by Twi »

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2010, 01:09:24 am »

There are two sword guys, a barricade would only get in the way Twi.
Battle cry: Another day, another dollar.

RP:
"shut up about sealing off some entrances already!"
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 01:12:40 am by Lillipad »

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2010, 01:15:26 am »

There are two sword guys, a barricade would only get in the way Twi.

RP:
"shut up about sealing off some entrances already!"
None of them are at my gate. >_>

RP:
"Why the hell should I? It's hardly the most drastic action we could take to try to save ourselves, and one of the more effective ones."
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 01:19:08 am by Twi »

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2010, 01:22:09 am »

"Oy I wouldn' like dis 'ere dome falin on me 'ead. oh, Ey, what be your think'n on dees doom fellas be makin a nice gumbo? I mean, yeh cook sum'in long enough and add enough hot sauce it taste durn good."

Use some rubbish to scatter around the entrance at ankle to knee hight to slow them down a bit, leave a winding path clear in case we want to leave for whatever reason threw the gate.

Love the "na, there ain't no east gate ya dummy!"

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2010, 01:26:30 am »

"Now that would be a pretty awesome feast. Assuming we didn't turn into them ourselves or get poisoned or anything."

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2010, 02:04:54 am »

RP: Godamn redneck, how can i tell what the hell is he saying. "Um. bo? Could you please say that again, I didn't understand you the first time. "

While blocking off the entrance completely wouldn't work, and barricades would be bad for the swords people, i think we should bottleneck it a bit so only a few of them can come through at a time.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2010, 02:16:16 am »

"I says, we could possibly make some durn fine gumbo wit dees here doom monstahs. Doom Gumbo, has a Nice ring to it. Heehe he hehe. But that Twil feller be right, probably have to Cook'em for a good long while make sure the viruses be eatable."

---
Is there like science equipment or scientists in the colony studying the virus? If there are we should send them some samples like simple dead doomy and laser sword cooked doom monster etc.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2010, 02:46:27 am »

"I refuse to eat anything made out of these things. I'd sooner try eating the dome than do that."

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2010, 03:08:42 am »

"That is sick, these were our freinds until the virus."  Vads says as he scans the room for what to barracade the doors.  "I don't think anything is strong enough to keep them out for long enough to make a barricade useful-- unless you want to use the food crates?"

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2010, 09:44:19 am »

Yes, there are scientists. and farmer people. and etc.
You guys done talking?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 91