Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Jeweler won't cut raw crystal glass  (Read 1149 times)

Wnderer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Jeweler won't cut raw crystal glass
« on: December 19, 2010, 02:09:56 pm »

Mayor is mandating crystal glass items. I bought raw crystal glass from the traders, but now the Jeweler won't cut them. They're in brackets as (raw crystal glass). What do the brackets mean? Why won't the jeweler cut them?

twilightdusk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Jeweler won't cut raw crystal glass
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 02:14:42 pm »

Don't brackets mean something's forbidden?
A man would see that as a difficult challenge.
An elf would see that and despair.
A dwarf would see that and say, "Bring it on."

Wnderer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 02:20:29 pm »

That's curly brackets {}. These are surrounded by () round brackets.  I've tried forbidding then reclaiming and dumping then reclaiming.

Tai_MT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 02:25:42 pm »

You can only cut raw green glass.  Raw any other kind of glass does nothing.  I'm not even sure what you can do with raw clear or raw crystal glass.

To make items with crystal glass, you need to do it from your glass furnace, as you'd request items from any other kind of glass.

However, I think the game is glitched with Crystal Glass, and you cannot produce items of your own, of it.  Something to do with dwarves not using Rock Crystals.
Elves aren't environmentalists, they're the smartest businessmen ever created in Dwarf Fortress.  Think about it, the only plants they want you to use are the ones they supply.  They even go so far as to attack you for producing too much lumber of your own.  They're not hippies, they're violent businessmen!

Wnderer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 02:45:37 pm »

You can only cut raw green glass.  Raw any other kind of glass does nothing.  I'm not even sure what you can do with raw clear or raw crystal glass.

To make items with crystal glass, you need to do it from your glass furnace, as you'd request items from any other kind of glass.

However, I think the game is glitched with Crystal Glass, and you cannot produce items of your own, of it.  Something to do with dwarves not using Rock Crystals.

Thanks. I read about the bug for making crystal glass. I thought I found a way around it by making jewels. I guess my poor glass maker is going to jail again.

Hamster Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 02:49:49 pm »

You should see if your noble will be satisfied with green glass spikes. In his room. And attached to a "lever of mystery" that only he can pull.

You should lock the door too, so no one else will see the mystery.
So there's that, as well. It looks like the only chronic problems that water can't cure are nausea and cave spider bites.
Which, coincidentally enough, can be cured by magma.

JoshBrickstien

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2010, 03:11:04 pm »

Sounds like it's time for some Blood for the blood god.

Edit: Ninjaaaaaas!
Edit: OH GOD, THE LEATHERS ARE MULTIPLYING WHENEVER I SLEEP.

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2010, 04:04:21 pm »

I think you can cut raw crystal glass by ordering it done in manager window, but that may have just been a dream.
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞

Wnderer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2010, 06:27:19 pm »

I think you can cut raw crystal glass by ordering it done in manager window, but that may have just been a dream.

Yes!!! That worked and made the mayor happy!

Thank you