Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20

Author Topic: Unclaimed World [Sci-Fi Frontier Colony Sim] (aka Conlan's Claim)  (Read 49793 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Conlan's Claim [Sci-Fi Frontier Colony Sim]
« Reply #165 on: July 04, 2012, 12:21:02 pm »

Looks like they're up at http://unclaimedworld-game.com/ now. The old website redirects now, too. I haven't seen new content yet, but the new name seems like a good sign.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #166 on: July 04, 2012, 05:28:01 pm »

Shame there's an e-squatter sitting on unclaimedworld.com, that would have been a lot easier to remember than unclaimedworld-game.com.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #167 on: July 04, 2012, 08:28:32 pm »

Personally, I liked Conlan's Claim better, but so it goes. It could have had a better feel for an actual story with someone to actual latch onto. An Unclaimed World isn't going to remain that way for long...
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #168 on: July 04, 2012, 08:32:16 pm »

I personally liked Conlan's Claim better, too. conlansclaim.com makes a much better site address than unclaimedworld-game.com too. But I guess the devs wanted a change.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 06, 2012, 05:05:04 pm »

Fresh from the forums:

by MoPed » 31 Aug 2012 15:23
Yes, it's true that we haven't made much noise for a long time, it's simply because we have been focusing all our efforts on developing the game, specifically 3D models and animations. We have progressed a lot however, and once we're through making the first batch of alien creatures we're planning to slowly build up the hype around this game, which means screenshots, development videos and making a presence on the different game sites... once we start doing that, you will see regular updates! You have been very patient, and you won't have to wait much longer.
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 06, 2012, 05:08:08 pm »

Awesome. Looking forward to seeing what they've done with the game.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 06, 2012, 05:39:45 pm »

Fresh from the forums:

Yes, it's true that we haven't made much noise for a long time, it's simply because we have been focusing all our efforts on developing the game, specifically 3D models and animations. We have progressed a lot however, and once we're through making the first batch of alien creatures we're planning to slowly build up the hype around this game, which means screenshots, development videos and making a presence on the different game sites... once we start doing that, you will see regular updates! You have been very patient, and you won't have to wait much longer.
They say: "Look at us, we've been doing stuff and things are happening, promise it's not dead!"
I read: "We've been focusing a lot on the graphics because we want to make a good appearance and make a flashy trailer.  We'll make interesting gameplay later, probably."

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 06, 2012, 07:28:22 pm »

Make a playable demo of the first level/scenario/story/whatever and I'll see if I get psyched.

Geneoce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 06, 2012, 09:01:07 pm »

The artistic style looks amazing, and the concept is awesome.

PTW
I don't care that the vacuum people are promising a blowjob machine in the future. I'll buy it then if they ever deliver.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 06, 2012, 09:03:37 pm »

Fresh from the forums:

They say: "Look at us, we've been doing stuff and things are happening, promise it's not dead!"
I read: "We've been focusing a lot on the graphics because we want to make a good appearance and make a flashy trailer.  We'll make interesting gameplay later, probably."
well you do need graphics to show off development :P
But yes it has been almost a rediculous time for them to at least shown some screenshots of some work.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 06, 2012, 10:53:26 pm »

Dunno, best games I've played in years have been rouglikes.  Little @'s been the biggest advancement in graphics I've seen!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 07, 2012, 12:24:24 am »

Wow, they totally downgraded the name.  This doesn't bode well for the game.

Wow, that rhymed, unintentionally too.  Yay me.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 07, 2012, 01:48:31 am »

Whilst I do think they chose a rubbish new name (and especially that URL), it actually makes me a little hopeful that perhaps they might be scaling back the story elements in favour of something a little more freeform and sandboxy? "Unclaimed World" suggests a sandbox game, at least to me, whereas "Conlan's Claim" always made me a little nervous that I'd be playing a mostly pre-generated, scripted RTS with little personal choice. This fear coupled with the statement they made about not generating random maps.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 01:50:28 am by Moogie »
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 07, 2012, 11:14:29 am »

"Unclaimed World" is not very memorable. How many other games fit this title?

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 07, 2012, 02:17:30 pm »

well you do need graphics to show off development :P

It's true! That's why Toady often takes months off from working on features in Dwarf Fortress to... wait a second!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20