Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Paranoia: Troubleshooters (Tabletop RPG)  (Read 9247 times)

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
Re: Paranoia: Troubleshooters (Tabletop RPG)
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2010, 06:59:17 pm »

I, too, would be up for this. Looks like a pretty funny game.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2010, 07:41:31 pm »

Count me in if you get a game going, have the books but as many others havent had much luck finding groups who are capable of/enjoy rpgs.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2011, 03:12:34 am »

Hmmm I'm almost tempted to run a game on irc after seeing this.  Paranoia is my primary GM experience. 
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2011, 05:49:23 am »

Paranoia is, I think, one of the few P&P games that are best run through IRC/similar programs. Note passing is great for instilling paranoia, but takes time, and doing things other people aren't supposed to know about is trickier too. IRC makes that so much simpler with PMs and such.

Also, I LOVE the flavor of this. Such a fun looking game.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2011, 07:01:00 am »

If I can get 4-6 people who have never played Paranoia before and are willing to dedicate themselves to semi-regular posting, I might be up for throwing something together on the board.

Edit:  Knowing the rules disqualifies you and you will be punished severely.  Please reply with something a bit more coherent than "ooh me" if you wish to sign up!  Eloquence is mandatory!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 07:02:41 am by Capntastic »

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2011, 11:50:20 am »

I'm interested in joining, my only knowledge about the system not from this thread is that there is
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm available generally every day at least once, late afternoon/evening European time.

Is there anybody who can give me the rundown on all the Red info? Or should I go rummage through my classmate's supply of rpg books?
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2011, 12:06:05 pm »

If I can get 4-6 people who have never played Paranoia before and are willing to dedicate themselves to semi-regular posting, I might be up for throwing something together on the board.

Edit:  Knowing the rules disqualifies you and you will be punished severely.  Please reply with something a bit more coherent than "ooh me" if you wish to sign up!  Eloquence is mandatory!

If eloquence is what you require my good sir then eloquence you'll have! I'm rather interested in joining this rousing game of Paranoia and am readily available most of the day. I would like to inquire as to whether or not I need to obtain a copy of any of the print rules though. 
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2011, 04:29:02 pm »

Ooh, me!

That is to say, uh, I've never played this before, but think my love of justice coupled with my habit of incredibly rash actions should be used to help society as a whole.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2011, 04:58:21 pm »

Ooh, me too!

I've read some of the rules, but haven't played it. Looks like a brilliant setting. Count me in if it gets going!

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2011, 05:03:56 pm »

I ran a game of this once on these very forums; it died about half way through the adventure, though.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2011, 05:25:06 pm »

I haven't even read the first or second page of this thread... but this sounds interesting... Then again I almost always wind up bailing out of these things due to stuff coming up... so maybe not.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2011, 06:30:09 pm »

I have absolutely never played Paranoia before, have no old, unused account whatsoever on the Paranoia Live forums, most certainly do not have a copy of Fifth Edition, and would rather enjoy playing a perfectly fair game with the DF crowd.

Of course you don't have a copy of fifth edition, it's an unproduct and above your clearance to even know you don't have.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2011, 07:54:27 pm »

Heh, Paranoia. Played it once in Omegastick's game pretty blind, and most of my six pack got wiped out. Attempts to play it with some others ended...
How do you say it...
They were rendered into a lower level than an infrared. Suffice to say it was a Classic version turned into Zap.

And I still don't have much of a clue, especially about setting characters up.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2011, 08:38:00 pm »

I know nothing about this game, and would love to play! I have all sorts of hopes and dreams and expectations I desire to see shattered!

Also, I know I already posted to say I would be in, just wanted to reiterate :P

Also, I'd totally be up for what someone mentioned about creating each others characters

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2011, 11:11:49 pm »

I'd be interested in playing this over irc, pbp sounds like it'd be too slow for this game. How many people do you need for a game?
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4