Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stukosoddom - Community Fortress  (Read 1259 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Stukosoddom - Community Fortress
« on: December 18, 2010, 05:29:52 pm »

Before you read ANYTHING, You need to know im a newbie. So, Don't expect too much. I've Been playing DF for about a week(?) I might not know things that you may call simple. I'm also a newbie in Community Fortresses (I've read several ones.) So far, THe only thing i did was starting the fortress. Of course. My character will be the expedition leader, named "Chiefwaffles." The fortress is in a Cold Woodland by a river.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Currently, The Available Dwarfs Are:

One male miner
One Male Woodworker
One Male Farmer

The Current dwarves are:

Einmanna, Female Miner

Baron Baconeer, Fishery Worker

Virgil, Trader

Need any more info? Just tell me.

Chiefwaffles' Log, first of Granite, Year 251
The monarch must be CRAZY! I signed up to be a hauler to unload goods of the cart, then go back home.
Apparently, The leader died out of a disease on the way here. Now I'm leader of 6 other dwarves, 2 dogs, and 2 Cats.
Now, I need to survive this place. Well, Something WORSE could happen, right? RIght now I'm currently learning
about the other dwarves. I just hope this place has no elves. *Brr* I HATE elves.

Good, or terrible?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 04:32:34 pm by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

elizar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stukosoddom - Community Fortress
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 05:55:08 pm »

I'll take the female, since she's the only female there is. How about profile pictures?

Name her Einmanna.
A quick scan of the stocks menu shows that one of the dead pack animals has a bin full of silk cloth!  It is speedily unforbidden, and my moody glassmaker sprints off to retrieve his prize amongst the smoking, charred, blood-soaked ruin that is the outdoors, totally oblivious to the carnage that was instigated on his behalf.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 06:02:55 pm »

Here is her profile: (I'll change her name after this.)

You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 06:07:40 pm »

If possible, I'll take the first useless female migrant. Name her Anja, give her a sword and put her in the military!
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 06:12:12 pm »

After i dwarf two more people (Maybe 1 or 3.) I'll start actually playing.

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:horrifying features]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 03:00:43 pm »

I'll take the fishery worker. Name him Baron Baconeer.

And he WILL constantly whine about the fact that there are no spots to fish in.

Could I see the profile of him?
Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2010, 03:40:09 pm »

I'm in, I'll take the Bookkeeper/Broker/Manager dwarf, name Vergil.

Vergil was a high ranking clerk of a building commission that helped construct most of the underground tunnel network in the Mountainhomes.  Lately they were forced to downsize due to a sad lack of real work to do and Vergil got fired for it.  That's when the news of a new Fortress being constructed soon hit the streets, and Vergil decided to volunteer, believing he will be very useful; He craves efficiency and believes good infrastructure and well-designed rooms and paths are essential to a successful fortress.

As for personality; he absolutely hates vermin, especially spiders. He hates taking any action without knowing all the details and options available to him, always preferring to gather the most information possible. Known to clash with superiors if he believes a decision is bad or suicidal. Quite social, likes getting to know the other Dwarves and what they like, believing happiness is another important factor in Fortress growth. Prefers to always be on top of situations, very quick to react in emergencies and absolutely hates not being able to do anything in a crisis. Has thought about either becoming the leader of a Fortress someday or resigning his post to someone else who is capable and becoming a soldier, tends to go for War Hammers.

So all in all, the rational, forward-thinking straight man in a world of kitten-butchering magma-crazed pin-the-spike-on-the-elf Dwarves.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2010, 04:37:12 pm »

Ok. I got spoilers/pictures up for the dwarves. I actually started playing now. So there will be a update soon.

farm the man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2010, 04:50:51 pm »

I'll take the farmer, name him bacon be tasty.
I'm a noob too though, so don't expect me to be much help.
It might help if you tip the balance, and use burrows to force your desired pedophilia couple together.

Holy shit, did I just say that?

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:horrifying features]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2010, 04:50:24 am »

Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.

Captain Insano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2010, 11:16:32 pm »

I'll take that male miner. Just call him Insano.
"Welcome to the fort, Migrants" *SLAM* "Welcome to the fort, Migrants" *SLAM* "Welcome to the fort, Migrants" *SLAM*

Sinnyil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2010, 09:12:07 am »

I'll go ahead and take the woodworker!  Let him be named:  Sinnyil
Sinnyil cancels rest:  Playing dwarf fortress.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2010, 03:02:34 pm »

I'll take the first incoming male butcher. Name him Doc Zaerosz, and enable surgery on him.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 07:26:58 pm by Zaerosz »
くコ:彡

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2010, 05:13:40 pm »

What the heck, I'll take whoever you set up as your first mechanic. Name: Theodolus (Thoedoletta if a female).

Theo, as he prefers to be called, was an apprentice mechanic back at the mountainhome. Unfortunately, due to the hazardous politics of being an apprentice he found himself bound for Stukosoddom with a bunch of other misfits. Confused as to how he came to be on this journey he turned to look back at his old home. There on the fort walls was the other apprentice waving farewell with a triumphant grin on her face. "Oh," he thought. His thoughts turned back to the diagram he had been poring over and he walked as if in a haze until arriving at his new home.

Theo is a somewhat quiet and reserved dwarf, who's only real joy in life is designing complex machinery to move, well, anything really.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...