Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Farming bug?  (Read 500 times)

BuGGaTon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fake Dorfly Mentor
    • View Profile
    • BoredGamer
Farming bug?
« on: December 18, 2010, 03:34:23 pm »

My farms were full of sweet pods (all of them) and it switched over to the next season, a season that DOES allow sweet pod production.  Poof!  stuff gone!  I thought that these things would either continue to grow in the new season regardless of if they can or they'd not be allowed to get planted if they couldn't?
Have any gameplay questions?  Try asking me during a live stream for a quick and helpful, yet derogatory reply!  Bloody elves.

http://www.twitch.tv/boredgameruk

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Farming bug?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 09:10:52 pm »

What was the season before the switch, and what was the season afterwards?
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 10:11:30 pm »

If you didn't have them set to grow, then this should happen. If you did have them set to grow, well, it's a bug.
*Hugs*

BuGGaTon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fake Dorfly Mentor
    • View Profile
    • BoredGamer
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 04:41:41 am »

Spring >> Summer

Nothing was set to grow in Summer.  I didn't think it would just delete the current crop (mostly because I swore I'd seen it not behave in this manner before...)
Have any gameplay questions?  Try asking me during a live stream for a quick and helpful, yet derogatory reply!  Bloody elves.

http://www.twitch.tv/boredgameruk

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 07:06:03 am »

I've read somewhere, that on season change any crops in fields disappear unless the same plant is scheduled to grow there in the new season. So rotate crops as little as possible.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 11:43:14 am »

funny, on season change, regardless of what is to be planted next, seeds have not disappeared for me.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku