Poll

There is no poll

But I want one
- 0 (0%)
To bad, go away.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 92

Author Topic: StarCraft: The Forum Game, Exercise 2, Damn Robots  (Read 57954 times)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: StarCraft: The Forum Game Week 9, War Game 2
« Reply #990 on: January 09, 2011, 07:08:25 am »

ok
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: January 09, 2011, 07:15:25 am »

Amelie is doing early morning exercises in preparation for the next training exercise

"Yes, we could use a leader this time...if Nicholas is'nt willing, I'm up for it."

She pauses to do few one armed pushups, her breathing steady and her words calm.

"I'd also liked to be issused a impaler rifle this time-Roland (ahra) can take the canister rifle."

Amelie then moves to the speed bag, dropping into fluid, sinuous pose. She lets out a few lightning fast strikes, using some sort of martial arts style that emulates a swooping crane.

"You know, I feel they're testing me by putting us against robotics instead of organics...we'll see....robotics are quick sure, but they don't have very much in the way of instinct"

finally, she takes out a multicolored cube from a case in the back and begins manipulating it to match the colors on the sides. She does this from a few feet away without touching it, keeping it floating in midair the whole time. Needless to say, the affect is sort of disturbing.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 08:13:34 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: January 09, 2011, 08:07:27 am »

"Well, I guess they want to test our proficiency with weapon systems rather than psionics. You pretty much saved the day last week by paralyzing that bear-man and most of their team.

Nicholas, I'm up for it if you don't feel like leading too. Just tell us whatever you think is best."

Having said that, Emily continue reading her book: "Size Does Matter: Siege Tank Tactics and Strategies"

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: January 09, 2011, 08:47:33 am »

"I figure we need to set up a strong defensive line, and personally, I am not much for a fight. If someone needs me outside of the base, just ask. Otherwise, I am staying up here healing the main defensive line."

((So, I wonder if it will be a choke point style thing, or a coming from all sides kind of thing.))

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: January 09, 2011, 10:12:47 am »

((My bet is coming from all sides. With a choke point, we could just use a minefield+ the two siege tank to crush anything. Except if they have air support of some kind.))

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: January 09, 2011, 10:41:42 am »

"I figure we need to set up a strong defensive line, and personally, I am not much for a fight. If someone needs me outside of the base, just ask. Otherwise, I am staying up here healing the main defensive line."

((So, I wonder if it will be a choke point style thing, or a coming from all sides kind of thing.))

"Sounds good...speaking of which, I've been meaning to ask Xavier-would you mind doing some mods on my armor when you get the chance? I've been looking to go lighter-reduced weight, better mobility, increased visibilty. Iv'e got 300 cred on me if you wan't to take the job."

((We'll probably have to wait till the combat trials are over!))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: January 09, 2011, 11:01:41 am »

((Do we have anyone who can drive a tank? Or do they count at medium vehicles?))

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: January 09, 2011, 11:03:14 am »

((I think you can drive a vehicle without the trait, you just have crappy rolls))

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: January 09, 2011, 11:13:04 am »

I enter a tank, and try to figure out how it works.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: January 09, 2011, 11:18:54 am »

overlook the battlefield for possible chokepoints and such
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: January 09, 2011, 11:35:12 am »

((looking at stats, Fuzz is our best siege tank driver and Phantom our best vulture driver.

Sheb and adwarf are both proficient in small vehicles, so they could drive a vulture if they want.
In theory, anyone could *try* a vulture, but please...no experimenting with siege tanks. :(
We can probably toss up NPC for empty driving and gunning spots.

I suggest we use experienced vulture drivers to scout out and harass the enemy with hit and run attacks, and use the grenade launchers as mobile defense during attacks.
The Siege tanks should probably get to high ground and deploy))

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: January 09, 2011, 11:36:32 am »

"How the fuck do I get out of this chicken shit outfit?! I can't use this to drive a Vulture! Argh, anybody against me going lone wolf?"

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: January 09, 2011, 11:49:45 am »

((Dwarmin: that's nonsense. Our missions is to hold for 30 minutes, not go and attack. Our best chance is to use the vultures for recon/minelaying while deploying the tanks in the base. Then find some kind of choke point and use the tank's firepower to kill everything.))

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: January 09, 2011, 11:55:28 am »

btw do we have frags and HE grenades and such?
Quite fucked indeed.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: January 09, 2011, 11:57:55 am »

btw do we have frags and HE grenades and such?
((Considering that most of us have Power Armor or Vehicles, I doubt frags would do much. HE Grenades, a maybe but probably not.))
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 92