Poll

There is no poll

But I want one
- 0 (0%)
To bad, go away.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 92

Author Topic: StarCraft: The Forum Game, Exercise 2, Damn Robots  (Read 57978 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: StarCraft: The Forum Game Week 9, Death of Bear Man. . . JK
« Reply #960 on: January 06, 2011, 06:19:31 pm »

Continue unfreezing.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: January 06, 2011, 08:14:41 pm »

Continue providing cover fire.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: January 06, 2011, 09:44:33 pm »

That seems to be everyone.
Commander?
Oh sorry.
COMMANDER?

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: January 06, 2011, 10:02:34 pm »

I was going to wait for Sheb's official action, he just asked if something was possible.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: January 06, 2011, 10:03:24 pm »

DAMMIT. Oh well.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: January 07, 2011, 04:57:02 am »

Well, if we use two people as a "human ladder" (Maybe freeze them so they don't have to carry others, just serve as ladder) can we bypass the physical check? Or get a bonus to it?

My idea would be to have marine 1 extand on arm at waist level, second hand hold marine 2 who stand on marine 1's shoulders. Marine 2 is one the same position. Have a couple other marines hold the "ladder" and it'd be fairly easy to climb up.

I say we keep pestering them in the front, to distract them, the psy try to prevent them from thinking about the roof, and we land 4 or 5 marines up there. Then strike them in the back.

Also, we should send 2-3 marines behind to check on the ramp. We don't want the team that took our base to backstab us.

Emily will ask one of the NPC marines to help her and try to go on the roof. She'll also order the other NPC marines to try to do the same.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: January 07, 2011, 05:51:11 pm »

Assist in trying to get the bearman out of the way

Running down with your team providing covering fire for you, you get to bearman and knock him to the ground, getting him out of the way of the rest of your team meaning now they only have to get through the rest of the Marines. 

"They got the bear man!? THEY GOT HIM!? AGFASHGRAHGJARJRHG!"
John, overcome by the power of rage, when he gets up will go into berserk mode and attempt to destroy the enemy inside the building anyway he can. Which includes good old CQC.
((And the fail returns :( ))

Getting up you manage to run up to the nearest marine.  When you arrive you start whaling on his power armor, but he simply turns around and unloads the rest of his clip into you before kicking you away and reloading.  Thankfully you distracted him long enough for some of your team members to get through and knock bearman out of the way.

Amelie seems to have this under control, so I regroup with Assault Team.

You do so and charge straight down the corridor, avoiding being frozen and getting past bearman who was previously blocking the way.  Heading to the left you see two marines one of which is preoccupied trying to stop John from assaulting him.  You manage to shoot one of the marines, but the one shooting John got away unscathed.

Amelie tries to stun another enemy soldier theatening the team, while continuing to hold down the enemies she can see.

"Get the flag guys! I got them pinned down!"

Concentrating all of your psionic energy you manage to unleash a terrible scream into the minds of the three marines on the right side of the barricades.  One of them drops his gun and tries to clutch at his head, the others remain shooting at various levels of effectiveness.

As soon as you come to, pretend that you haven't. When the time is right, attempt to freeze as many enemies at possible, while attempting to call in the rest of the squad.

One of the marines remembers to shoot you before you unfreeze, darn.

wait until im unlocked i will then pretend to be locked and pull out my pistol and shoot the defenders.....or pull back.

You are not unlocked this turn :(

Continue unfreezing.

There's no one to unfreeze outside so you try to rush inside, but unfortunately half-way through the barricade corridor you are frozen.

Continue providing cover fire.

You provide covering fire for the marines invading the base, no allies are enemies are hit by your shots. 

Well, if we use two people as a "human ladder" (Maybe freeze them so they don't have to carry others, just serve as ladder) can we bypass the physical check? Or get a bonus to it?

My idea would be to have marine 1 extand on arm at waist level, second hand hold marine 2 who stand on marine 1's shoulders. Marine 2 is one the same position. Have a couple other marines hold the "ladder" and it'd be fairly easy to climb up.

I say we keep pestering them in the front, to distract them, the psy try to prevent them from thinking about the roof, and we land 4 or 5 marines up there. Then strike them in the back.

Also, we should send 2-3 marines behind to check on the ramp. We don't want the team that took our base to backstab us.

Emily will ask one of the NPC marines to help her and try to go on the roof. She'll also order the other NPC marines to try to do the same.

You manage to convince a couple of marines to help you up onto the roof but most of them are rushing inside trying to finish off the marines on the first floor.  Unforutnately your clumsy attempt to get on the roof results you and the other three marines lying in a pile on the ground outside the base.

NPC actions
The two medics successfully rush through and begin unfreezing everyone and everyone else gets frozen as the non-descript marines rush in and finish the job.  "Oh yeah, baby!  They don't have nothin' on us!" says a marine going in for the high-five with another marine.  Everyone enters the base and ensures there are no other traps waiting for them.  "Floor 1 secure." says Nick announcing the fact to Amelie.

Assault  Team v.2.0 (Outside of base):
Emily:  knocked over
NPC Marine 1:  knocked over
NPC Marine 2:  knocked over

Sniper Team:
Amelie:  unlocked

Assault Team (Inside of Base):
Nick:  unlocked
Aaron:  unlocked
Deb:  unlocked
Fuzz:  unlocked
Roland: unlocked
Deb:  unlocked
NPC Medic 1:  unlocked
NPC Medic 2:  unlocked
NPC Marine 3:  unlocked
NPC Marine 4:  unlocked
NPC Marine 5:  unlocked
NPC Marine 6:  unlocked
NPC Marine 7:  unlocked
NPC Marine 8:  unlocked
NPC Marine 9:  unlocked
John:   unarmed
Xavier:  unarmed
Roland:  unlocked

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: StarCraft: The Forum Game Week 9, Floor 1 secure
« Reply #967 on: January 07, 2011, 06:33:25 pm »

((So we have their flag now?))

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: January 07, 2011, 06:36:15 pm »

((Yep, I was planning to distract them. Because hey, they knew I was gonna get up sooner or later, right?))
Should John not be locked again, he go's and grabs a C14 and rushes everyone else. Should he be alone when he rushes the roof, he locks anyone except those he knows that come after him. Scratch that, just shoot whatever marine that disrupted the command structure.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 09:31:17 pm by Phantom »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: January 07, 2011, 09:23:53 pm »

(( Yes I knocked him down ))

Help John follow him an if any enemies get near him shoot them

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: January 07, 2011, 09:35:24 pm »

((There is nobody to lock you up and technically the flag is on floor 2, somebody just needs to go grab it and then you head back to your base and win the the game.

Also, by "whatever marine disrupted the command structure", do you mean Sheb, I'm a little confused on that part of your turn.))

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: January 07, 2011, 09:37:59 pm »

It basically means shoot a specific NPC Marine who was the guy that prevented the move to the northern plateaus area and screwed up the charge horribly.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: January 07, 2011, 09:39:17 pm »

((Because team-killing greatly endears you to your fellows.))

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: January 07, 2011, 09:40:10 pm »

((Well, it might alleviate the Shitty Leader trait for a possible Mental Commissar trait.))

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: January 07, 2011, 09:40:54 pm »

((Or worsen your Insulting Trait to something that is actually serious.  If you want to get rid of the negative leadership trait you have to successfully lead something, even if it's not on the battlefield (where leadership rolls are usually taken) As is you're just increasing your chance of getting your teeth punched in by a bunch of marines.))
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 09:44:13 pm by V-Norrec »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 92