Poll

There is no poll

But I want one
- 0 (0%)
To bad, go away.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 92

Author Topic: StarCraft: The Forum Game, Exercise 2, Damn Robots  (Read 58023 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: StarCraft: The Forum Game Week 9, John gets a new trait
« Reply #900 on: January 02, 2011, 02:23:09 am »

"Nicholas, we should split up our forces now. One medic and a handful of marines should stay outside to unfreeze our troops, keep theirs frozen and shoot any marines on the roof. The rest should assault with John. I request permission to lead the assault team."

Waiting for Nicholas' orders, Emily turn around to check that nobody is coming from the back then scan the top of the base in her scop, hoping for an ennemy's head to show up.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: January 02, 2011, 06:37:49 am »

make sure that the enemy dont have an ambush waiting for us.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: January 02, 2011, 11:47:20 am »

Get 6 other marines and a medic and take cover near enemy base have the others return to our base

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: January 02, 2011, 12:49:16 pm »

Adwarf, you're not our officer. You cannot just order the squad around!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: January 02, 2011, 04:54:56 pm »

technically he can take that action, it's just likely to result in much infighting and result in absolutely nothing getting done.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: January 02, 2011, 06:08:33 pm »

I am not ordering you sheb I am ordering the ones that are just unlocked because it would be useful if some of the marines stayed near the enemy base so that if we had to we could distract the people in the base so you all can get in the base basic tactics

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: January 02, 2011, 07:08:21 pm »

Randomly splitting up so we can run around like headless chickens isn't going to accomplish anything. We're carrying our flag around, so we honestly don't give a damn about our own base anymore, and presumably their flag is still in their base. There's zero reason to not use everything we've got to curb stomp them here, grab their flag, and then run back to our base.

If they have also taken their flag out and run around with it, then we'll probably have to split up, but using a third of our guys to pin down the enemy in the objective we want to reach while the rest dick around at home is just asinine.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: January 02, 2011, 10:13:17 pm »

Okay is that everyone now?

« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 09:31:42 am by Phantom »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: January 02, 2011, 10:16:42 pm »

no, Twi hasn't posted yet.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: January 02, 2011, 11:42:51 pm »

Well at least that gave me time to type something.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: January 03, 2011, 06:43:11 pm »

Grrr, can't wait until we're done with these exercises.

"Nick, I seem to have a problem leading the Military impaired. You don't. Anyway, SVABODA!"
John assaults the base from the area that has most protection from the Shooters on the Roof.

Nick is in the area with the most cover, the rest of the area is wide open field, perfect for snipers and shooters to assault anyone coming their way.  With this knowledge, you decide to distract the enemy.  Taking a few steps closer and into range you begin opening fire on the roof.  None of your shots hit, but you weren't really planning on them hitting.

Confiscate enemy's weapons, then resume covering for assault team.

You try to pry the guns out of the hands of the frozen marines and medics, but unfortunately you're only able to get one of the C-14's.  You toss it over the cliff, not really caring whether or not it is broken from the fall.

make sure that the enemy dont have an ambush waiting for us.

Kek kek kek, the scouting party will NEVAR BE UNLOCKED!  ((You refroze the scouting party, I'm running out of fun ways to say that so now deal with silly ways to say it))

"Nicholas, we should split up our forces now. One medic and a handful of marines should stay outside to unfreeze our troops, keep theirs frozen and shoot any marines on the roof. The rest should assault with John. I request permission to lead the assault team."

Waiting for Nicholas' orders, Emily turn around to check that nobody is coming from the back then scan the top of the base in her scop, hoping for an ennemy's head to show up.

Waiting for your oppurtunity, you see an enemy pop up over the wall and soon, he is frozen.  According to your calculations, there should be two partial locked marines and 2 fully moving marines inside.  It might be bloody, but you could probably push on through now.  Of course, soon 2 of the marines of the roof top will be unfreezing.

Get 6 other marines and a medic and take cover near enemy base have the others return to our base
Adwarf, you're not our officer. You cannot just order the squad around!

Due to infighting and Nicholas seemingly having issues with his comm unit, the marines kind of just stand around.  "What we doin' Bob?"  "Hell if I know, want to go hunt down that jack-ass that was insulting us through the comm?"  "Nah, we'll take care of him later."

Assault  Team v.2.0:
John:  unlocked
Xavier:  unlocked

Sniper Team:
Amelie:  unlocked

Assault Team:
Nick:  unlocked
Aaron:  unlocked
Emily:  unlocked
Deb:  unlocked
Fuzz:  unlocked
Roland: unlocked
NPC Medic 1:  unlocked
NPC Medic 2:  unlocked
NPC Marine 1:  unlocked
NPC Marine 2:  locked, 2
NPC Marine 3:  unlocked
NPC Marine 4:  unlocked
NPC Marine 5:  unlocked
NPC Marine 6:  unlocked
NPC Marine 7:  unlocked
NPC Marine 8:  unlocked
NPC Marine 9:  unlocked

Twi's or Dwarmin's will have an update as soon as they post, since neither posted an action.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: StarCraft: The Forum Game Week 9, People be slacking on the posting.
« Reply #911 on: January 03, 2011, 06:54:40 pm »

"Man, I was hoping that'd distract them. Oh well."
John says screw it to the shooting, and attempts to get to inside the enemy base, focusing on agility rather than shooting. Currently he's trying to act like Vega from Street Fighter 2, annoy them with your long reach and being fast to close in for the kill. Then again, that's also Dhalsim, but still.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 06:57:43 pm by Phantom »

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: January 03, 2011, 06:58:24 pm »

Fight like a smart person!
Try to actually hit something.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: January 03, 2011, 07:09:19 pm »

Order everyone to storm the base, but remain behind with another medic. Wait for a moment, then get closer and attempt to pick off the rooftop marines with my pistol, so that either I get them while they're distracted with the charge or they're distracted from the charge into attacking me.

Backup medic drags me back and unfreezes me if I get frozen.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: January 03, 2011, 08:34:02 pm »

Fight like a smart person!
Try to actually hit something.

Ignoring the infighting, you look for something to shoot at.  There is absolutely nothing worth shooting as all the marines are continually refreezing the frozen marines and medics in the field.  Darn, that stinks :(
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 03:23:01 am by V-Norrec »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 92