Poll

There is no poll

But I want one
- 0 (0%)
To bad, go away.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 92

Author Topic: StarCraft: The Forum Game, Exercise 2, Damn Robots  (Read 58117 times)

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: StarCraft: The Forum Game Week 9, THERE WAS A HUGE ASS UPDATE YO!
« Reply #555 on: December 24, 2010, 09:11:01 pm »

((I have no Neosteel, I have mechanical parts for my suit. Thats it...We will haggle. If we fail, what is the plan?))

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: December 24, 2010, 09:12:06 pm »

((I must be mixing you up with someone else...But SOMEONE had Neosteel. The backup plan is probably to steal a truck and raid the scrapyard for upgrades, as well as making it look NOTHING like it used to so it's harder to identify. Of course, I don't doubt that the Dominion has tracking systems installed in them. The question, then, is how do we remove the tracking systems?))
((EDIT: That someone is Ahra, I think.))
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 09:20:24 pm by Twi »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: December 24, 2010, 10:18:59 pm »

"TOMORROW!? Oh go-"
John blacks out.

You pass out. . .  it's black.

Purchase goggles, ponder what would be needed to modify them.

You purchase the goggles and try them on.  They're better quality than what most recruits have access to.  You're not sure exactly what you would need to modify them.

-250 Credits

((Norrec, stop missing Comp's attempts at doing stuff!  >:( On a different note, how is it that I have Cool Under Fire and yet am not competent at driving vehicles of any sort? Does not make much sense: shouldn't I be able to DRIVE vehicles before I can drive them while being shot at? I can understand a general 'reduced penalties while under fire' trait, but... In other words, 'advanced' skills like that should require that you have the 'basic' skills in that field before having them. This mostly applies to vehicles and ships, as far as I can tell. You could, of course, package 'prerequisite' traits with more advanced traits if you get the latter without having the former,  so that people don't lose the cool stuff they already have.))

Help Xavier engage interaction and buying of modded truck with dealership...person.

((Everyone can drive Civilian Vehicles with no penalty))

Your efforts provide no benefit.

(( Hey guys I am now repling from my new acer laptop yay ))

" Sir I am trying to make some explosives , Sir"

"And why would you try to be doing that?  What do you think the grenades are for?"  says the Sergeant

Hey guys, I'm not that much into trucks myself. I want to get training in light vehicles to become a driver, and a truck is well... Too heavy. And what's this nonsense about armor plating and guns? We're gonna leave as soon as boot camp is over and I doubt they'll let you keep a truck.

Ask the vehicle salesman if I can rent the Vulture bike for 400 creds or less. If yes, take it outside town and practice evasion maneuver and general riding. If not (or if I have money left), buy a nice piece of jewelry as a souvenir from boot camp. Also buy a hood.

At night, go back to the weapon shop and beat up the shopkeeper. Nobody should shoot a Dominion's marine.[/b]

... Why would you want to assault a citizen of the Dominion.  That would be wrong, you must not do anything against the law.

((You guys figure out what you're doing with the money.  Then list who's money is being used for what and how much.))

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 24, 2010, 10:23:17 pm »

((-sigh- Would you be able to do a roll to talk the salesmen down a bit in price?))

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: December 24, 2010, 10:25:16 pm »

((And how long would it take for me to get my new leg? Or at least a small stick.))

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: December 24, 2010, 10:26:42 pm »

((@Norrec:We're going to take 1175 from me, Ahra, and Comp, and do our best to haggle the truck down to something we can afford.))
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 10:28:23 pm by Twi »

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 24, 2010, 10:27:42 pm »

((You probably should have robbed me before you let the police take me.))

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 24, 2010, 10:28:49 pm »

((And how long would it take for me to get my new leg? Or at least a small stick.))

((You'll be up and running again (literally) when combat exercises start, for now there's not really too much you can do.... 100 bottles of beer on the wall, 100 bottles of beer.

((-sigh- Would you be able to do a roll to talk the salesmen down a bit in price?))

Sure  [60] You argue him down to 1125 credits.

Edit:  I'm going to bed now... goodnight.  I'll update sometime tomorrow, probably in the evening or afternoon.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: December 24, 2010, 10:31:28 pm »

((1125...fifty credits left. I'd take it, but Comp, you are the one whose character has the money. If you suggest otherwise...))

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 24, 2010, 10:35:50 pm »

((I say, we save it. You can hold onto it. I trust your character. Will we be sent on any missions, get anymore cash Norrec? Also, when we want to defect, how would that work out. I mean, would we have to split mid mission, or could we all sneak out at night from base?))

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 24, 2010, 10:44:12 pm »

((Yeah. The good news is, we can afford it. The bad news is, barely. I like the deal, but... I'd like to know about the possibility of getting cash before I take it, as well. Of course, having a vehicle does give us a major boost to errand-running ability, not to mention other things, so the truck will, to a small extent, pay for itself if we take advantage of it enough.))

((Anyways, I'll hope for info on that before the update. Night.))
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 12:36:39 am by Twi »

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: December 25, 2010, 01:02:20 am »

((Well, this means I'll have a fresh limb and be richer than all of you when we're full fledged. Argh. If I join your Black Justice and we don't run into the White Brotherhood, Yellow Squadron and Red Faction expect me to go rogue to build up resources and support, especially when Wings Of Liberty starts.))

((Also, expect me trying to make trips to Aiur, Nerazim, and Shakuras. Protoss can prove to be very powerful allies if negotiated with correctly, especially Mohandar and Urun.))
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 01:05:38 am by Phantom »

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: December 25, 2010, 01:05:30 am »

((Don't worry, you'd be in it. I am currently debating the plot benefits of staying small versus those of becoming a major faction unto ourselves...))

((EDIT: Ah yes, the Protoss. Trying to gain Protoss allies is a great idea. But we need to not totally lose diplomatic standing with the masses while doing it. They're propaganda'd into thinking the Protoss are evil or at least dangerous, I believe.))
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 01:09:17 am by Twi »

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: December 25, 2010, 01:09:24 am »

((Don't worry, you'd be in it. I am currently debating the plot benefits of staying small versus those of becoming a major faction unto ourselves...))
((Well, Major Factions may get attacked more but are always powerful no matter what. We can integrate with other factions such as some Protoss, but Zerg are always right out. Also, Wings Of Liberty provides great chances to obtain Resources and Recruits. Aiur provides and extremely good Scavving area if we remove some Zerg. Finally, Tarsonis and UED remnants also provide good targets. Outer Dominion bases, slashing Avernus and New Folsom are also good targets. Avoid Char until we build a large enough force. Small factions get crushed quickly, for example the Zerg Carpenter Brood and those Pirates in Mercenaries.))

((Man I am ranting WAY too much, anyway can we just buy everything and advance to combat training?))
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 01:18:24 am by Phantom »

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: December 25, 2010, 01:19:17 am »

((For some reason, I really want Predators right now. Also, I'd stay out of the Protoss's business until we have a decent amount of strength. Getting involved with the Protoss is sure to attract attention.))
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 92