Poll

There is no poll

But I want one
- 0 (0%)
To bad, go away.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 92

Author Topic: StarCraft: The Forum Game, Exercise 2, Damn Robots  (Read 57929 times)

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
Re: StarCraft: The Forum Game Week 3 and 4, Boot Camp
« Reply #270 on: December 22, 2010, 12:11:51 am »

Week 3: Marksmanship
Week 4:Weapon Maintenance
1)  What skills do you feel you have learned most well?
((I will fill this in later))
2)  If you were approached by a civilian and told of squatters, how would you respond?  ((Squatting is illegal in the Dominion, very illegal))
Report it to local authorities.
3)  You see a small child, stranded in the middle of the desert.  He looks lost, but you recognize him as the child of an enemy of the Dominion, how do you respond?
Take him back to the local authorities who will dispose of her or him as they see fit, I could have misjudged the situation
4)  In five words or less, describe your outlook on life.
Deal with it.
5)  After military service, what would your ideal career be?
My goal is to be able to retire.
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 22, 2010, 12:28:15 am »

Alright, that seems to be the most important people. Anyone else?

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 22, 2010, 01:31:19 am »

Week 3:  Armor Maintenance
Week 4: Basic Vehicle Training if I can gain more skill in it, Weapon Maintenance if not.

Exit Interview:

I would have to say understanding my armor.

2)  If you were approached by a civilian and told of squatters, how would you respond?  ((Squatting is illegal in the Dominion, very illegal))
Report to my commanding officer; await orders.

3)  You see a small child, stranded in the middle of the desert.  He looks lost, but you recognize him as the child of an enemy of the Dominion, how do you respond?
Search him for weapons or tracking devices. If he is no threat, bring him in for treason.

Life is like war, sir.

I'm not planning on leaving any time soon, but I suppose anything I could do to help the Dominion would be what I want to do.

((This is all in line with my resoc, I hope?))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 22, 2010, 02:54:28 am »

Alright, that seems to be the most important people. Anyone else?
((I lol'd. We've got the officer, pilot, and medic, who cares about those goons? :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 22, 2010, 07:48:47 am »

((Yep Fuzzy, that's in-line.  Also, you could develop a vehicle specialization or try to move up to Medium-sized vehicles, which would you rather?

I'm waiting to see what Dwarmin does at least.  I'm interested in that character, especially since she's about a 9 on the PI))

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 22, 2010, 08:18:34 am »

((A TEEEEEK!

OMGWTF

you do know that at this time the dominion only has access to a single teek))
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 09:11:10 am by maxicaxi »
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 22, 2010, 08:38:29 am »

You know, at this point, I'm going to have to ask what a teek is.  Teep I understood, but teek?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 22, 2010, 08:44:06 am »

Week 3:Advanced Tech Usage
Week 4: Medium Vehicle Training (if possible, if not basic vehicle training)

Exit Interview:
1)  What skills do you feel you have learned most well?Driving mostly. I now feel at ease on other vehicle that the good old sleigh.
2)  If you were approached by a civilian and told of squatters, how would you respond?  It it's illegal, there must be a good reason. I would tell the local authorities and if they refuse to act, I'd report them and solve the problem myself. By discussion if possible, by violence otherwise.
3)  You see a small child, stranded in the middle of the desert.  He looks lost, but you recognize him as the child of an enemy of the Dominion, how do you respond?I'll shelter him and bring him to the nearest Dominion base. If he cannot be recruited, maybe he can be used as mean of pressure on his father.
4)  In five words or less, describe your outlook on life.Dominion provide order, order is good.
5)  After military service, what would your ideal career be?I'd like to continue serving into the military or wherever the Dominion need me.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 22, 2010, 09:11:30 am »

You know, at this point, I'm going to have to ask what a teek is.  Teep I understood, but teek?
((telekenetic

everyone of PI8 and up are telekenetic))

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 22, 2010, 12:30:38 pm »

((I'll move up to medium size.))

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 22, 2010, 12:46:07 pm »

week 3 adv technology usage
week 4 weapon maintenance
Exit Interview:

1)  What skills do you feel you have learned most well? Marksmanship.

2)  If you were approached by a civilian and told of squatters, how would you respond?  ((Squatting is illegal in the Dominion, very illegal)) inform local dominion hq about it so that they can punish the squatters.

3)  You see a small child, stranded in the middle of the desert.  He looks lost, but you recognize him as the child of an enemy of the Dominion, how do you respond? i take him back to the base so that we can make him one of us.

4)  In five words or less, describe your outlook on life. Never look back.

5)  After military service, what would your ideal career be? weapon manufacturer.

And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 23, 2010, 08:23:39 am »

Sorry I have not posted in a while I've been busy

Week 1: Physical training
Week 2:Weapon Maintenance
Week 3:Armor Maintenance
Week 4:Basic Vehicle Training

My weapons and armor I think
2)  If you were approached by a civilian and told of squatters, how would you respond?  ((Squatting is illegal in the Dominion, very illegal))Ask him where they were at arrest him and the others for being squatters
Take him in to dominion custody for interagation

4)  In five words or less, describe your outlook on life.Pretty and full of flowers

5)  After military service, what would your ideal career be?I really do not know

((I would prefer to have advanced weapon maintenance if possible for week four that is))
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 12:36:04 pm by adwarf »

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 23, 2010, 12:31:30 pm »

Alright, that IS everyone excepting Dwarmin.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 23, 2010, 12:37:34 pm »

I sent him a PM, I'll update later today either way though.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: StarCraft: The Forum Game Week 9, THERE WAS A HUGE ASS UPDATE YO!
« Reply #284 on: December 23, 2010, 08:55:19 pm »

All righty, update time.  I'll leave Dwarmin's alone and let him catch up whenever he gets back *grumbles about holidays*

Week 3 Armor Maintenance
Week 4 Weapon Maintenance

Armor
Depends on my position. If I am a marine, report it to local authorities.
Take him back to civilization, he is a child, thus no threat. If child does somehow become a threat (hiding an explosive device) dispose of child as deemed necessary.
Live life to the fullest.
Armor engineering, designing better armors, weapon systems.

Week 3
After weeks of studying, you've finally learned how to modify your armor.  (Trait gain, Armor Modification)

Week 4
Now that you've mastered armor, you turn your attention to weapons.  You accidentally modify your rifle to be a piece of armor... whoops.

Interview Results and Specialization Training
The morale officer listens as you give your answers to the questions.  "We've decided it would be best for you to serve in the Marine Corps as a Medic, you're specialization training will begin tomorrow."  he says getting up and leaving you alone.  As you head back to the barracks to grab some shut eye before heading out for more training you wonder if this is really what you want to be doing.

The next month passes by quickly and you barely have any time to yourself as you are trained to a standardized level of competency, medicine, and battlefield care.  Now the only thing left to complete is the combat drills and you will have graduated boot camp and be a Medic of the Dominion.  You and all the other recruits get a day off before combat drills start.  It almost seems a foreign notion, having time to yourself, what do you do.

Week 3: Advanced Tech.
Week 4.  Basic Vehicles.

My armor, methinks.
They need a homeless shelter. Direct them to such an institution, or provide housing myself.
Save him: he's a child, no matter whose child he is. Bring him to his parents if possible.
Strive for justice.
Civil service, most likely.

Week 3
You focus on learning how to use some of the more complicated tools in use in the Dominion.  As a result, you now understand how many gadgets work.  (Trait Gain, Tech Usage Competency)

Week 4
You focus on learning how to drive vehicles, and surprisingly, you do considerably better than most in the trials meant to represent combat situations.  (Trait Gain, Cool Under Fire, no penalty to driving vehicles while under fire.)

As you answer the questions the interviewer looks you over.  "You've been selected for the officer track.  You'll be trained as a Marine, but you'll be in command of a squad during the combat drills, if your squad performs well, you might just graduate a 2nd Lieutenant.  Congratulations."  says the morale officer as he leaves.  You leave the room feeling a little overwhelmed, not sure whether or not to be glad or to worry about being chosen for the officer track.  You try to push the thoughts out of your mind and focus on getting to sleep.

The next month passes by quickly and you barely have any time to yourself as you are trained to a standardized level of aggressiveness, competency, and readiness.  Now the only thing left to complete is the combat drills and you will have graduated boot camp and be a Marine of the Dominion.  You and all the other recruits get a day off before combat drills start.  It almost seems a foreign notion, having time to yourself, what do you do.

Week 3: Advanced Technology Usage
Week 4: Basic Vehicle Training

Small arms usage and repair.
Thank the citizen for his report. Assemble allies if deemed necessary, and order the squatters to evacuate. Ensure that they are aware of the illegal nature of their activities, and the consequences should they persist.
Direct to civilization or oversee care personally. Enemies of the Dominion often make the most capable allies once shown the error of their ways.
Knowledge is power.
Advanced research and development.

Week 3
You spend all week admiring the advanced gadgets at your disposal, especially the Sensors.  (Trait Gain, Sensor Technology Competency)

Week 4
You try to get in the vehicles but you crashed a vulture bike on the first day and the trainers wouldn't let you near any of the vehicles after that.

As the you answer the questions the morale officer sizes you up.  "Yep, definitely a Medic.  Try to keep our boys alive out there." he says standing up and leaving you.  It's all you've ever wanted, to be safely behind a wall of marines while you explore strange new places.  You go to the barracks ecstatic about your new position.

The next month passes by quickly and you barely have any time to yourself as you are trained to a standardized level of competency, medicine, and battlefield care.  Now the only thing left to complete is the combat drills and you will have graduated boot camp and be a Medic of the Dominion.  You and all the other recruits get a day off before combat drills start.  It almost seems a foreign notion, having time to yourself, what do you do.

Week 4: Basic Vehicle Training

Physical Training, especially in learning how to control me strength.
Thank him/her, and order the squatters to leave, or shoot them if they are enemies of the Dominion.
Take him in. Hey, nothings wrong with that, deprives the enemy of a unit.
Nothing's True, All Is Permitted.
A Flight Involved Career or Law Enforcement.

Week 3
You've learned about marksmanship, but unfortunately you just can't reproduce the same results when you're surrounded by CMC armor.  (Trait Gain, Unarmored Accuracy)

Week 4
Despite all your effort, you just can't seem to master most of the vehicles, the Vulture bike you understand though.  (Trait Gain, Vulture Competency)

As you answer the questions, the smug morale officer keeps looking you over.  "You'll make a fine Marine, I can't wait to see how you do out on the field." she says.  After she leaves you mutter under your breath, "I can't wait to see you on the field either."  Soon you'll be able to leave and hook up with the resistance, for now though you just need to focus on getting through boot camp

The next month passes by quickly and you barely have any time to yourself as you are trained to a standardized level of aggressiveness, competency, and readiness.  Now the only thing left to complete is the combat drills and you will have graduated boot camp and be a Marine of the Dominion.  You and all the other recruits get a day off before combat drills start.  It almost seems a foreign notion, having time to yourself, what do you do.

Week 4:Weapon Maintenance
((I will fill this in later))
Report it to local authorities.
Take him back to the local authorities who will dispose of her or him as they see fit, I could have misjudged the situation
Deal with it.
My goal is to be able to retire.

Week 3
Even after training, you are no better at hitting a target than most of the other units.

Week 4
Thankfully, even if you can't hit a target, you've learned how to modify your weapon to make sure you don't need to hit the target to cause damage.  (Trait Gain, Weapon Modification)

The morale officer looks you over as you give your answers.  "You are definitely Marine material."  As he leaves you let out a sigh of relief.  Now here's hoping you actually make it to retirement as a Marine.

Week 3:  Armor Maintenance
Week 4: Basic Vehicle Training if I can gain more skill in it, Weapon Maintenance if not.

Exit Interview:
I would have to say understanding my armor.
Report to my commanding officer; await orders.
Search him for weapons or tracking devices. If he is no threat, bring him in for treason.
Life is like war, sir.
I'm not planning on leaving any time soon, but I suppose anything I could do to help the Dominion would be what I want to do.

Week 3
You've tricked out your armor, now with a better speaker system for listening to music, lots of cool insignias and such, but most importantly better protection  (Item Gain:  Modified CMC-300 Armor)  (Trait Gain:  Armor Modification)

Week 4
Despite your status as a Resocialized Marine, you managed to talk your way into being able to drive a Goliath and Siege Tank.  (Trait Improvement:  Small and Medium Vehicle Competency)

"We've decided, that despite your status of being Resocialized, you are simply too valuable to put into the Marine Corps as a Marine.  We would like you to serve instead by driving a variety of vehicles for the Dominion."  he says.  "You don't have a choice in the matter I should add, you will be doing this." he says leaving you alone.  You're not sure what to think, but you head to the barracks and get some sleep, waking up in time to start your specialized training as your resocialization instructs you to do.

The next month passes by quickly and you barely have any time to yourself as you are trained to a standardized level of aggressiveness, competency, and readiness.  Now the only thing left to complete is the combat drills and you will have graduated boot camp and be a Driver of the Dominion.  You and all the other recruits get a day off before combat drills start.  It almost seems a foreign notion, having time to yourself, what do you do.

Week 3:Advanced Tech Usage
Week 4: Medium Vehicle Training (if possible, if not basic vehicle training)

Exit Interview:
1)  What skills do you feel you have learned most well?Driving mostly. I now feel at ease on other vehicle that the good old sleigh.
2)  If you were approached by a civilian and told of squatters, how would you respond?  It it's illegal, there must be a good reason. I would tell the local authorities and if they refuse to act, I'd report them and solve the problem myself. By discussion if possible, by violence otherwise.
3)  You see a small child, stranded in the middle of the desert.  He looks lost, but you recognize him as the child of an enemy of the Dominion, how do you respond?I'll shelter him and bring him to the nearest Dominion base. If he cannot be recruited, maybe he can be used as mean of pressure on his father.
4)  In five words or less, describe your outlook on life.Dominion provide order, order is good.
5)  After military service, what would your ideal career be?I'd like to continue serving into the military or wherever the Dominion need me.

Week 3
You take an interest in the gadgets available to play with and in the end learn how to use most of them.  (Trait Gain, Tech Usage Competency)

Week 4
You try to convince the officers in charge of vehicles to let you try out some of the larger vehicles, but wary of your status as a resocialized marine, the won't let you.  Instead you decide to focus on learning how to better drive one of the smaller vehicles.  (Trait Gain, Hellion Specialization, +5 attack when using Hellion Weapons)

As you answer the questions the morale officer seems to zone out.  "We've decided it would be best if you were to serve as a Marine.  We expect only great things out of you." he says bored.  As he leaves, you feel a tinge of anger but your resocialization kick in and kills the emotion before you've even known you've had it.  You had back to the barracks and fall asleep.

week 3 adv technology usage
week 4 weapon maintenance

Exit Interview:
1)  What skills do you feel you have learned most well? Marksmanship.
2)  If you were approached by a civilian and told of squatters, how would you respond?  ((Squatting is illegal in the Dominion, very illegal)) inform local dominion hq about it so that they can punish the squatters.
3)  You see a small child, stranded in the middle of the desert.  He looks lost, but you recognize him as the child of an enemy of the Dominion, how do you respond? i take him back to the base so that we can make him one of us.
4)  In five words or less, describe your outlook on life. Never look back.
5)  After military service, what would your ideal career be? weapon manufacturer.

Week 3
You examine many of the pieces of high technology gadgets available for military operations.  You gain a basic competency in most of them thanks to the extra time you spent examining them.  (Trait Gain, Tech Usage Competency)

Week 4
After a week of intense study, you feel as though you've gained the skills necessary to modify your weaponry.  (Trait Gain, Weapon Modification)

The morale officer listens patiently as you give your answers.  "You will serve the Dominion as a Marine," he says as he leaves.  You're not sure how you feel about this, but that doesn't really matter too much.  You head into the barracks and go to sleep for the night.

Week 3:Armor Maintenance
Week 4:Basic Vehicle Training

My weapons and armor I think
2)  If you were approached by a civilian and told of squatters, how would you respond?  ((Squatting is illegal in the Dominion, very illegal))Ask him where they were at arrest him and the others for being squatters
Take him in to dominion custody for interagation
4)  In five words or less, describe your outlook on life.Pretty and full of flowers
5)  After military service, what would your ideal career be?I really do not know

Week 3
You try to learn how to maintain your armor in pristine condition, but unfortunately, you just don't seem to have much talent at keeping armor in working order.

Week 4
You talk your way past the officers and manage to get a hold of some of the vehicles to train with.  You especially like the Hellion but gain a competency in all of them, just to be on the safe side.  (Trait Gain, Small Vehicle Competency)

The morale officer listens politely as you give your answers.  "You've been selected to serve as a Firebat, just as you wanted."  he says.  "We've got a new suit for you, I think you'll find it superior to the CMC-300 in everyway." he says as he shows you a second generation CMC-660.  "You'll be learning your trade in that."  he says.  As he leaves you shed a tear.  It's so beautiful, and you can cause so many fires in it.  You love it already.

The next month passes by quickly and you barely have any time to yourself as you are trained to a standardized level of aggressiveness, competency, and readiness.  Now the only thing left to complete is the combat drills and you will have graduated boot camp and be a Firebat of the Dominion.  You and all the other recruits get a day off before combat drills start.  It almost seems a foreign notion, having time to yourself, what do you do.

((Also at some point in the near future I'm going to be adding in a trait list.))
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 92