Poll

There is no poll

But I want one
- 0 (0%)
To bad, go away.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 92

Author Topic: StarCraft: The Forum Game, Exercise 2, Damn Robots  (Read 57854 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: StarCraft: The Forum Game Week 2, Boot Camp
« Reply #180 on: December 20, 2010, 05:56:44 pm »

((Question, in the future, if I stick with armor training like I am, what traits can I get? Also, will being able to equip armor and weapons that fast matter?))

Unless you want to walk around in your suit all the time it can be very useful.  Also you got a roll of about 67 or something, not enough to learn about how the armor works which would be more specific than the armor drills you're currently doing, so you learned how to put armor on fast.  Think of it as an anti-ambush trait.

Also maxicaxi, Marksmanship is not offered in week one, P.T. or Armor Drills.

Phantom, piloting is not offered either, P.T. or Armor Drills.  ((The reason why I allowed Resocs to choose any one training subject is they get the hugely disadvantageous trait "Resocialized" which will make it much harder to leave the Dominion military))

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 20, 2010, 05:58:22 pm »

Week 1:
John focuses on physical training, after all, that fancy CMC power suit will not save you in every scenario.

Week 2:
John works on his C14 Gauss Rifle skills, taking apart, firing without his CMC, the whole deal, trying to become an expert with the thing.

Better?

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 20, 2010, 06:03:04 pm »

((So, if I keep at it, I may get a lucky roll, and 'figure out' how the armor works? If that happens, would modifications be possible?))

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 20, 2010, 06:14:24 pm »

Focus on armor training, preferably how the suit works moreso than simply how to get in and out quickly.

You too choose to focus on armor drills.  The specifics of suit modification still allude you, but you are fast at equipping and unequipping your suit.  (Trait gain:  Quick Equip)  ((You got a 67 too, sorry.  I have to be fair))

Week 1:
John focuses on physical training, after all, that fancy CMC power suit will not save you in every scenario.

Week 2:
John works on his C14 Gauss Rifle skills, taking apart, firing without his CMC, the whole deal, trying to become an expert with the thing.

Week 1:

You focus on physical training.  In particular strength training.  (Trait Gain:  Strong)

Week 2:

PAT results:  You have little to no psionic potential.

You elect to focus on the weapon drills this week, unfortunately you seem to not have much natural aptitude for the weapon.

((I'm going to go explain how I decide traits in the first post now, so nobody can say I'm unfair with my distribution of traits.  And yes, modifications beyond the superficial would be possible then, assuming you have the materials and tools necessary.))
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 07:10:27 pm by V-Norrec »

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 20, 2010, 06:16:11 pm »

Aw feck. Well we can't have all we want. Ah, well, at least I'm not resocialized. Random Khalani speaking awaaaay.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 06:26:05 pm by Phantom »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 20, 2010, 06:17:48 pm »

For week 2, I'll take Armor Drills.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 20, 2010, 06:38:36 pm »

Weapon Maintenance for Week 2.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 20, 2010, 06:45:13 pm »

"Barely anyone here is khaydarin. All except shel'na kryhas, and tal'darim. Arrgh, DOMINION TORIDAS!"
D'oh, why the hell did I say that? I'm gonna get resoc'd.
John said in the private of the barracks, with all asleep.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 06:48:48 pm by Phantom »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 20, 2010, 06:46:40 pm »

((General Rules updated to explain traits, I'm probably going to cap those at some point too, don't want a bunch of super unkillable soldiers walking around))

For week 2, I'll take Armor Drills.

PAT Results:  While you might have some Psionic Potential, it is not nearly high enough to be utilized in any practical sense.

Your Armor Drills go fairly well.  You might not be the fastest at getting in and out of your armor, but you know how the CMC-armor works.  (+3 Defense in CMC-armor)

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 20, 2010, 06:56:00 pm »

((Did you only do week 1 for me, or 1 and 2? Also, what was the results of the Psionic thing?))

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 20, 2010, 07:02:00 pm »

I'm doing armor drills.
OOC question: Do officers have special armor, identifying symbols, communications equipment, or other fancy armor-related things?

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 20, 2010, 07:07:36 pm »

You only gave me your schedule for week 1

And, yes, they will for now you are in boot camp though and don't have access to it.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 20, 2010, 07:09:44 pm »

I'm doing armor drills.

You are the master of your own armor.  You feel as though you are qualified to modify your armor with the knowledge you gained during armor drills.  (trait gain, Armor Modification, you can modify your armor with the appropriate materials and tools.)

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 20, 2010, 07:11:20 pm »

((Oh, I had meant Armor Drills for both weeks, I want to get as much experience in it as I can...))

Week 2, Armor Drill. Lets get to know the inner workings of these bad boys.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 20, 2010, 07:26:56 pm »

Weapon Maintenance for Week 2.

PAT Result:  You have no natural Psionic Aptitude.

It turns out you are a natural at weapons of all varieties.  (Trait Gain:  Accurate, +5 Attack when using Pistols or Rifles.  Weapon Repair, You can repair weapons to pristine condition.)

((Oh, I had meant Armor Drills for both weeks, I want to get as much experience in it as I can...))

Week 2, Armor Drill. Lets get to know the inner workings of these bad boys.

You still aren't sure how to modify your armor, but you know how to position yourself so it best protects you, (Trait gain:  CMC-Armor Proficiency)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 07:28:59 pm by V-Norrec »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 92