Poll

There is no poll

But I want one
- 0 (0%)
To bad, go away.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 92

Author Topic: StarCraft: The Forum Game, Exercise 2, Damn Robots  (Read 57864 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: StarCraft: The Forum Game Week 1, Boot Camp
« Reply #165 on: December 20, 2010, 01:24:28 pm »

PERFECT i wanted to become a marine.......wait are they lobotomising me or a resoc tank?
Both!  ;D

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 20, 2010, 01:36:36 pm »

WHAT...well i knew dominion doctors are sick psycophats (that rival armok with their ideas how to desecrate peapoles bodies) but this is *insane*
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 20, 2010, 02:12:38 pm »

Sure, you said

I was inspired by the marines in Alpha Company, who defended my planet from the Sons of Korhal.

You're going into Resoc for loyalty because the Terran Dominion = The Sons of Korhal.
But then Edmund Duke, my hero, joined the Sons of Korhal!
(I'm not debating, just explaining Fuzz's way of thinking)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 20, 2010, 02:28:09 pm »

They don't know he's your hero, they just hear defended from the Sons of Korhal and are placing you in the dunk tank

Working on post now.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: StarCraft: The Forum Game Week 2, Boot Camp
« Reply #169 on: December 20, 2010, 03:00:34 pm »

At 0600 hours the wake up alarm goes off waking you all up.  You have an until 0645 to get ready.  At 0635 25 marines in CMC-300 armor arrive and take those who got the number 32 on their card to the resocialization tanks.  At 0645 everyone lines up in the Parade Grounds and stands at parade rest.  Soon CMC-300 armor is passed out to all recruits for them to practice getting in and out of the armor.  This new armor is much better than the old armor as you can climb in the top (after removing the shoulder pads and helmet of course). 

The next week passes quickly.  Between the armor drills and physical training you've been glad to catch six hours of sleep a night, but the NCO's guarantee you it's only going to get worse.  You've had the chance though to focus on either armor drills or physical training.  ((Choose which you focus on, you can further specify if you wish and I WILL take it into consideration.  Those aren't the only options to focus on throughout the week, just the only listed ones))

For those who have been resocialized you've gained all the necessary knowledge to be a good soldier, your minds wiped clean of all traumatic memories and now much more loyal to the Terran Dominion.  ((You can choose 1 additional topic to specialize in from your time in the resocialization tanks.  For example, Vehicle Training, Armor Maintenance, etc. etc.))

"You made it through week one ladies, next week you'll be receiving the Psionic Aptitude Test and working on Weapon Maintenance, Armor Drills, and Marksmanship Training.  See you tomorrow at 0600 girls." say Sergeant Finley as he leaves for the day.  He's a bit rough around the edges, but you can tell he cares about the men he's been tasked with.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 20, 2010, 03:13:50 pm »

choose marksmanship as specialization (rather 2 bullets in the head then 7 in the body)(for enemies).(of the dominion)
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 20, 2010, 03:32:06 pm »

((So, choose armor drill, or physical training, then choose weapon maint, armor, or marksmanship?))

Xavier has been working hard on Armor Drills. He wants to get to know EVERYTHING about the armor, in hopes of later being able to modify a suit to his own needs. Focus on armor drills.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 20, 2010, 03:52:31 pm »

Amelie concentrates on

Week 1: Physical Training
Amelie trains her stamina through climbing, swimming and running.
She works on keeping her concentration under stress through meditation during controlled situations-elemental and psychological.

Week 2: Weapon Maintenance
Amelie intensely studies the inner mechanisms on many weapon systems, but concentrates on the unmounted training version of K12 Grenade Launcher in particular. She attempts to learn how bad conditions, or wear and tear affect the weapons trajectory and aiming-and how to compensate.

Resoc skill (if applicable) : Zerg Morphology
In prison Amelie took to learning about the Zerg-particularly, how to identify offensive and defensive biological structures and weak and strong points in various Zerg species.

Physical and mental perfection...
Learn your weapon...
Know your foe...

OOC Note: Obviously hoping to make Marauder-if they EXIST yet. I can't tell for sure. :)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 20, 2010, 04:01:33 pm »

((I'm pretty sure they don't >.>  <.<  but I'm willing to stretch it.  Also Comp, it's just Armor Drills or P.T. for week one.  Week 2 is the P.A.T. (Psionic Aptitude Test) to see if we get any ghosts, Weapon Maintenance, Marksmanship, and more Armor Drills.))

Edit:  ((I feel it necessary to note I'm going through this quick only because it's ultimate purpose is for your starting specialization.  After "Beat-your-ass" camp is done, it'll slow down.))
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 04:13:06 pm by V-Norrec »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 20, 2010, 04:14:03 pm »

For my Resoc, I'll take Vehicle Training.
Week one's focus will be Armor Drills. (If it is possible to focus on vehicle training, I would like that instead.)

(I'm trying to get into being a Goliath pilot, those guys are awesome.)

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 20, 2010, 04:16:03 pm »

Catherine concentrates on marksmanship, wanting to get her self qualified for sniper training

I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 20, 2010, 04:31:26 pm »

Amelie concentrates on

Week 1: Physical Training
Amelie trains her stamina through climbing, swimming and running.
She works on keeping her concentration under stress through meditation during controlled situations-elemental and psychological.

Week 2: Weapon Maintenance
Amelie intensely studies the inner mechanisms on many weapon systems, but concentrates on the unmounted training version of K12 Grenade Launcher in particular. She attempts to learn how bad conditions, or wear and tear affect the weapons trajectory and aiming-and how to compensate.

Resoc skill (if applicable) : Zerg Morphology
In prison Amelie took to learning about the Zerg-particularly, how to identify offensive and defensive biological structures and weak and strong points in various Zerg species.

Physical and mental perfection...
Learn your weapon...
Know your foe...

OOC Note: Obviously hoping to make Marauder-if they EXIST yet. I can't tell for sure. :)

Week 1:

You focus on Physical Training as much as possible.  You're faster, stronger, and able to kick more ass than most recruits.  (Gain Trait, Fit: +50 Health, Strong:  +15 damage in Close Quarters Combat)

Week 2:

P.A.T. results:  You scores are excellent, there is talk about sending you to a ghost academy as soon as you're finished with basic (Gain Trait, Psionic Potential)

While you're in basic you focus on weapon maintenance as much as possible, but aren't much better than anybody else unfortunately.

((Congratulations, you passed my ridiculously hard random number test to become a Ghost if you so wish.  Looks like I'm going to have to do some front page updating))

For my Resoc, I'll take Vehicle Training.
Week one's focus will be Armor Drills. (If it is possible to focus on vehicle training, I would like that instead.)

(I'm trying to get into being a Goliath pilot, those guys are awesome.)

((As a Resoc you don't have the option of training with the team for week one))  While being resocialized some of your memories are replaced with memories of learning how to operate vehicles.  (Gain Trait, Resocialized, and Small Vehicle Proficency (Vultures, Hellions, and Armored Personnel Carriers as well as all Civilian Land-based vehicles))

((So, choose armor drill, or physical training, then choose weapon maint, armor, or marksmanship?))

Xavier has been working hard on Armor Drills. He wants to get to know EVERYTHING about the armor, in hopes of later being able to modify a suit to his own needs. Focus on armor drills.

You have decided to focus on learning more and more about the second skin that is your armor.  While the technical aspects of it might yet allude you, but you can equip your armor in less than a minute (Gait Trait, Quick Equip:  Armor and weapons can be equipped and ready to go in under a minute)

choose marksmanship as specialization (rather 2 bullets in the head then 7 in the body)(for enemies).(of the dominion)

While in the Resoc Tank, your Traumatic Memories seem to have been replaced with knowledge of accurate shooting  (Gain Trait, Resocialized, Long Distance Shooting, Maximum Effective Range of Weapons you have equipped is increased by 200m.)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 04:41:53 pm by V-Norrec »

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 20, 2010, 05:06:11 pm »

((Question, in the future, if I stick with armor training like I am, what traits can I get? Also, will being able to equip armor and weapons that fast matter?))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 20, 2010, 05:16:06 pm »

Focus on armor training, preferably how the suit works moreso than simply how to get in and out quickly.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 20, 2010, 05:52:12 pm »

Week 1:
John focuses on physical training, after all, that fancy CMC power suit will not save you in every scenario.

Week 2:
John works on his C14 Gauss Rifle skills, taking apart, firing without his CMC, the whole deal, trying to become an expert with the thing.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 05:58:07 pm by Phantom »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 92