Poll

There is no poll

But I want one
- 0 (0%)
To bad, go away.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 92

Author Topic: StarCraft: The Forum Game, Exercise 2, Damn Robots  (Read 57848 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: StarCraft: The Forum Game Week 9, OMG COMBAT REHAUL NEEDED!
« Reply #1140 on: January 18, 2011, 11:43:54 pm »

OK, I feel the need to just abort this combat exercise, too complicated, and put in a new one anyhow here are the new rules.

1 )  Base health for Player Characters is 30
2 )  Base Health for NPC Allies is 20
3 )  Armor will now function like health, giving you additional capacity to take damage before you die (for example, CMC-300 will have an Armor rating of 20 giving you 20 more effective HP)
4 )  Vehicles will have separate health from the user and the user cannot be attacked while riding the vehicle unless using a C-10 Canister Rifle or an AGR-14 Rifle for sniping.
5 )  Vehicle health will be reduced, but not as severely, making vehicles able to take a lot more of a beating than infantry for the most part (besides the Vulture, P.O.S. hoverbike :P)
6 )  Damage will be calculated with 1D10 + Modifier + Spread (if applicable)
7 )  Spread is the number of units you can attack in one turn as a maximum and a dice will be rolled to see how many potential enemies will be attacked by your weapon.
8 )  Actions outside of combat will still be calculated with the a standard Random.org 1-100 roll.
9 )  Traits, weapons, armor and vehicles will all be re-worked if you guys decide you like this system enough to adopt it.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 11:45:31 pm by V-Norrec »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: StarCraft: The Forum Game Week 9, New rules posted, need approval
« Reply #1141 on: January 19, 2011, 08:13:00 am »

I like this system, but I feel it'd be anticlimatic to end the exercise now. At the least, I want some fluff with an officer telling us they had to stop it because someone died, and ranting about how recruits were better back in the days and could handle a few training bots and how we're all going to die if we ever face real zergs.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: January 19, 2011, 08:58:10 am »

I like it, except for the armor adding health thing. I guess I preferred it reducing damage.
Also, I am with Sheb on the training thing, gotta have some excuse at least to end it.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: January 19, 2011, 04:26:37 pm »

Great Idea but .......

Robozergs Robozergs

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: January 19, 2011, 04:35:21 pm »

Makes it easier.

Easier is ALWAYS better, especially for GM's who have to roll a dozen chars actions every three days or face all the players jumping ship.

I agree!

Also, scrapping the scenario, if we have to...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: January 19, 2011, 04:38:27 pm »

Well, I'm going to leave this up for a little while longer, but it looks like we're going to change both, and of course I'm going to give a reason for it, I just don't retcon for no reason :P

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: January 19, 2011, 06:07:08 pm »

Yeah, looks good. Also, isn't this wave of the exercise basically over anyway? We could probably just say we wiped out the remnants, good job but you messed up, here's the next exercise.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: January 19, 2011, 06:09:55 pm »

There were more Zerglings and Hydras on the way, I just didn't mention them because nobody looked for them.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: January 20, 2011, 08:13:00 pm »

Well, I wasted plenty of time, I guess it's time for me to go modify everything *sigh*  work is never done.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: January 20, 2011, 11:18:43 pm »

OK, well I think that one is all done.  Next exercise is going to be more basic, though still with a chance to die.

Everyone will be using standard load-outs.  ((Notice Mediguns are a lot stronger now than they previously were.))

There will be three teams, your first job is to seperate yourselves into these three teams.  Then the three teams are all to attempt to infiltrate a facility ((They're all different though approximately of the same length)) causing as little damage as possible to the workers (robots dressed in spiffy white lab coats) test subjects (random critters) or guards (robots and automated turrets).  There will be no NPCs to control, so leadership won't be an issue.

Team Inferno:  Aaron, Roland, Fuzz
(adwarf, ahra, FuzzyZergling)

Team Gurren:  John, Xavier, Nicholas, Emily
(Phantom, Comp112, Twi, Sheb)

Team ALPHA-OMEGA-ULTRA:  Amelie, Deb, Roger
(Dwarmin, IronyOwl, Luke_Prowler)

Suddenly all the robo zerg shut down and you see a transport coming.  Soon Sergeants are stepping out of the transports.  "I have never seen such a sorry sack of excuses dressed of like marines in my life.  We leave you alone for no more than 3 minutes and you all somehow manage to get one of your fellow recruits killed.  I wouldn't be surprised if one of you rejects shot him in the back, that's how fast he died!  Apparently, since you're all a bunch of ladies with the self preservation instincts of a bag of pretzels we need to tone it down for you!  This comes from up top, personally I'd just let the robots kill ya'  If they do such a good job, I'd rather have them be marines!  You're all going to be infiltrating a mock research facility and attempting to gain control of a terminal located at the center of the facility long enough to download the data contained with in.  If you sorry sacks of shit can't do that even, well then the marines might as well give up right now because our SCV pilots are better trained than you!"

The Sergeants look pretty mad but you all get on the transport, thankful you're not in the previous exercise anymore.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 01:50:23 am by V-Norrec »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: StarCraft: The Forum Game Week 9, Exercise 2, Redux
« Reply #1150 on: January 20, 2011, 11:21:45 pm »

Team 1

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: January 20, 2011, 11:23:44 pm »

Fuck.

John, bewildered that the combat exercise was randomly stopped, chooses Team 2 and beckons Nick and Xavier to join.

EDIT: I also hereby coin the current combat system the V-Craft System.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 12:02:22 am by Phantom »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: January 20, 2011, 11:27:36 pm »

Amelie takes team 3, and asks Deb (ironyowl) and Fuzz to join up with her. Our team will be called ALPHA-OMEGA-ULTRA
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: January 20, 2011, 11:39:29 pm »

Join team Rebell- I mean Team Dominon! Or Team John.

Seriously. Don't join the pyromaniac or the telekinetic lady.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: January 20, 2011, 11:47:18 pm »

Nod and join Team ALPHA-OMEGA-ULTRA.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 92