Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: words can't explain, so how about a pic  (Read 693 times)

Smackinjuice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
words can't explain, so how about a pic
« on: December 18, 2010, 03:27:18 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

my most evil place yet; btw you can't see much of the rest but there's a lot more evil around the outside too

small region btw.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
Re: words can't explain, so how about a pic
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 03:31:33 am »

The image isn't showing. You linked to the page not the image. Always use the "direct link" link :)

That's .. pretty damned evil. What's the global cuisine consist of? babies?
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Smackinjuice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 04:13:09 am »

after joining up on my first embark; we noticed 3 ogres right off the bat; so we quickly chopped down enough trees to build a bridge over the river; while that was going on i had everyone move the piles and made a meeting zone near the bridge; so soon as completion they can run over.  Well we notice some gators in the river; so we just moved the bridge higher up river.  So after completion of the bridge; i immediatle set some miners to dig down; and move things everything down; well the ogres found us... but one at a time! so 1 dwarf gets chased by this ogre for a long time before finally getting tired and had been 1 hit KO'ed.

After that the ogre found the rest of my group so i knew i had only 1 chance; zerg rush.  6 mighty dwarfs, 6 dogs, and 2 cat's surround the ogre in what ended up into 144 pages of mad punching/ dogs latching on/ cats scratching the ogre into exhaustion.  ogre didn't even swing once. 

I thought yes i got this; the ogre was passed out from solid bruising (that's all the dps we could dish with bare hands, don't know where my miners were doing...)

So the ogress see's us beatin up her man; and just takes out a dwarf from behind.  so 2 of my dwarfs decide to stop pummeling the unconsciousness ogre.  the ogress runs! yay i think, but nay; she first breaks the legs of one of my dwarf's, then keeps running a distance and pummels the other one; the first one dies of blood; the 2nd one is left to bleed out also; as the ogress goes back she battles the dogs and kills them; and kills the rest of my dwarfs.  She now leaves the scene.

1 passed out ogre, 1 passed out dwarf (correction, she is now awake an has only sustained a left food injury; in which i believe it's gone :D)

funny aftermath

I have 2 rivers; 1 of them is down a moutain cliff; and considered an underground river; but it's a canyon too; well the ogress found one of my horsed and collided into it pushing it down 6-7 Z levels into this river breaking a lotta bones and making the river turn red.

1 cat is still alive and will bite and latch onto the exhausted ogre and shake it's head around; it's so far my best fighter.

also blood is everywhere; mainly though at the first dig ramp downward.

time to try this place again! i must conquer it :D
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 04:16:46 am by Smackinjuice »

Acperience

• Bay Watcher
  • Introjection
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 05:44:50 am »

The image isn't showing. You linked to the page not the image. Always use the "direct link" link :)

That's .. pretty damned evil. What's the global cuisine consist of? babies?

Eating babies isn't "evil" if they're delicious.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 05:15:56 pm »

Or if the babies are evil.