Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31

Author Topic: Results In! Rainseeker's Animal Sponsorship Drive  (Read 140606 times)

caknuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rainseeker's Animal Sponsorship Drive
« Reply #135 on: December 20, 2010, 12:03:51 am »

The kakapo. It's so dumb, it's forgotten that it's forgotten how to fly.

This leads to it running up a tree to escape a predator, taking flight, and landing in a graceless heap on the ground.

If ever Mother Nature picked a species to embody DF pathing logic, this would be it.
Quote from: Primary
*Kneels before Urist Dickpuncher*

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 20, 2010, 01:07:37 am »

The kakapo. It's so dumb, it's forgotten that it's forgotten how to fly.

This leads to it running up a tree to escape a predator, taking flight, and landing in a graceless heap on the ground.

If ever Mother Nature picked a species to embody DF pathing logic, this would be it.
Yep.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

pineapple

• Bay Watcher
  • I shouldn't trust that bird...
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 20, 2010, 01:17:14 am »

Not only do they forget they can't fly, they don't even have the grace to look majestic and worth protecting on nature shows.  Instead they molest the host and have to be removed by the handler.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 20, 2010, 02:31:31 am »

oooh... fruit bat! Or pangolin... so tough to decide...

Luckily for me, I'm poor and out of work until next month at the earliest, so I don't have to. :(

Rainseeker

• Bay Watcher
  • Listening to Toady make trumpet sounds since 2009!
    • View Profile
    • Rattown Stories
« Reply #139 on: December 20, 2010, 03:06:53 am »

Not only do they forget they can't fly, they don't even have the grace to look majestic and worth protecting on nature shows.  Instead they molest the host and have to be removed by the handler.

This is disturbingly true:

« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 03:18:06 am by Rainseeker »
Rainseeker writes comics!  http://rattownstories.com

Also, forum profile for said comic:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=78817.0

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 20, 2010, 03:24:23 am »

Will we actually be able to see how different animals rank?  Or if there is no "priority" order, at least what's been sponsored?  Just think Toady, you could rake in gobs of cash by fostering a bidding war on what animals will be implemented next.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 20, 2010, 05:10:16 am »

I have decided, and sponsored the rattlesnake ... hopefully leading to a requirement for mass high-traffic designation around boulders, or more practice for the medical staff.

Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 20, 2010, 09:07:23 am »

Look, just because they have a marked preference for British naturalists is no reason to impugn their gentlemanly Old World charms.

angry_axe

• Escaped Lunatic
  • O for Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 20, 2010, 10:29:16 am »

The Kakapo was adapted to its environment until we introduced a few animals to make things interesting infact the Kiwi is pretty much the same thing. And also, if implemented, will the Kea be any threat at all? (at least to Kobalds) because they have been known to kill sheep and seriously injure dogs

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 20, 2010, 10:33:35 am »

Can't donate, but could someone do me a favor and try and get the earwig on the bottom of the list? Those things are freakin' creepy.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 20, 2010, 10:43:55 am »

What about the right whale?

Also:
Coelacanth
Catfish
The Self-Cloning Lizard (there's also the Whiptail Lizard that does the same thing)

Ratbert_CP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Enraged Primate
« Reply #146 on: December 20, 2010, 10:55:12 am »

Can't donate, but could someone do me a favor and try and get the earwig on the bottom of the list? Those things are freakin' creepy.

Hmmm...  I'd be OK if they get morphed into something more along the lines of the Ceti Eel...  Those are freakin' creepy!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ratbert #CP#Z
"For FUN and HONOR!"

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 20, 2010, 11:00:37 am »

Ceti Eel...

Okay ... which bit's what? (or what bit is which ... I don't know - what the hell is it?)

Pisano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 20, 2010, 11:17:48 am »

It's amazing how many birds there are from New Zealand.
Kea
Kiwi
Kakapo

I don't know which one is more worth voting for! Probably not the kea, since they would be like buzzards.
Don't forget the Cassowary.  This flightless bird has been around a very long time and almost extinct.  Certain trees are actually dependent on having their seeds go through the Cassowary's intestinal tract in order to germinate properly.  They can also kick and break a dwarf's ribs if agitated.  Support the Cassowary!  I donated $20 for the (not so) little guys.

Pisano

Ratbert_CP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Enraged Primate
« Reply #149 on: December 20, 2010, 12:06:43 pm »

Ceti Eel...

Okay ... which bit's what? (or what bit is which ... I don't know - what the hell is it?)

It's a Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan reference.  Nasty bug.  Painful brain parasite that enters via the ear, and makes the victim easily... controlled.  Bleeding ears and lots of screaming.  Of course, losing control of an "infected" dwarf isn't that much of a liability, since managing a fortress is more frustrating (albeit less disgusting) than herding eels.
Ratbert #CP#Z
"For FUN and HONOR!"
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31