Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 31

Author Topic: Results In! Rainseeker's Animal Sponsorship Drive  (Read 140581 times)

Stormrage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rainseeker's Animal Sponsorship Drive
« Reply #120 on: December 19, 2010, 05:33:59 pm »

Sponsored the Narwhal!

gnodab

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 19, 2010, 06:00:21 pm »

I want to donate for the Japanese Macaque or Snow Monkey http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_Macaque but they are not on the list >:(

It would be awesome to include them along with hot springs the possibilities are endless!
But most importantly we could see this:

They should be treatet as a whole new race, much cooler neighbours than stupid elves.
Presumably the fact that we already have a kind of macaque factors into this omission.

But it's the wrong kind  :(
Then again, maybe that's true. It would probably make more sense to mod the existing type and make them spawn/hang out at hot springs :)
Now who to choose instead...

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 19, 2010, 06:14:01 pm »

I want to donate for the Japanese Macaque or Snow Monkey http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_Macaque but they are not on the list >:(

It would be awesome to include them along with hot springs the possibilities are endless!

They should be treatet as a whole new race, much cooler neighbours than stupid elves.

Fixed
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

B0013

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 19, 2010, 06:33:49 pm »

Can we get a list of the animals already sponsored? That would help.
>{) >(> })o)  Fishes!

Rayc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 19, 2010, 06:51:41 pm »

What I want to know is how will these animals be displayed? There will be most likely multiple animals with the same first letter in name.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 19, 2010, 07:16:00 pm »

You know, the more I think about it the more it bugs me...
There's over 1000 species of bats, with insane variety between them. They're the second largest group of mammals besides rodents. And yet, in any kind of media, you might have 30 different species of birds, and then..."bats". As if they're a single animal.

For some examples of variety:
Fishing bats
Tent-making bats
Spotted bats

As well as nectar-eating bats with tongues longer than their bodies, the "bumblebee bat" which could fit on your thumb and the giant flying fox with a 6-foot wingspan. Not to mention the infamous vampire bat, which is the only bat capable of running and jumping.

I would donate in a heartbeat if it meant bats could get even a fraction of the love that birds do. As it is, I feel like voting for "fruit bat" would still be selling them woefully short... :-\

caknuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 19, 2010, 07:56:21 pm »

Presumably the fact that we already have a kind of macaque factors into this omission.

You have seen this list of gibbons, haven't you?
Quote from: Primary
*Kneels before Urist Dickpuncher*

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 19, 2010, 08:21:48 pm »

Ooh, I'll definitely donate probably after Christmas. I need some time to think. Do I do an animal with a cool new poison like bees or brown recluse spiders? Or do I do an animal that's just cool like an axolotl? Wait, a platypus has both of those. Or maybe an animal with a cool new tag like living on people (lice, tick, flea) or only appearing every several years (cicadas)? I will need to consider my options.

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software
« Reply #128 on: December 19, 2010, 08:34:49 pm »

Or sponges with arms. And legs. That raid your fort to steal pants.

"I'll have you know I was present at a mass unexplained sponge migration."
Surprisepalace! Overseers wanted!
But they never would have given up either. And compared to sitting around in this prison for the rest of my life? Losing is fun.

gnodab

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 19, 2010, 08:58:28 pm »

Fixed

awesome!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 19, 2010, 09:28:33 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fixed

awesome!

Bravo good sir.

Assassinfox

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
    • Raging at the Box
« Reply #131 on: December 19, 2010, 10:17:34 pm »

Why no cryptids?  I want tatzelwurms!

Gonna have to sign up for Team Armadillo instead.

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #132 on: December 19, 2010, 10:39:29 pm »

Go team armadillo!

Whats not to like? They dig, wear armor, and according to Kipling, are quite witty. Claws, swimming, rolling, etc also help.
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

pineapple

• Bay Watcher
  • I shouldn't trust that bird...
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 19, 2010, 11:13:17 pm »

pointless nitpick: echidnas and platypuses are monotremes, not marsupials (prototheria v. metatheria). Both are distinct from placental mammals (eutheria).

Donated $20 for the game that's both the most addicting and cruelest to my computer, and voting for the Kakapo because I'm a big bird nerd.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 19, 2010, 11:30:36 pm »

The kakapo. It's so dumb, it's forgotten that it's forgotten how to fly.

This leads to it running up a tree to escape a predator, taking flight, and landing in a graceless heap on the ground.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 31