Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 59

Author Topic: How have you been dying recently?  (Read 162238 times)

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
  • Serpent Lady, Slayer of Ancients
    • View Profile
Re: How have you been dying recently?
« Reply #360 on: October 05, 2012, 03:14:39 pm »

Huh. I didn't have that option. I read the slab that supposedly contains the secrets of life and death. I even checked Legends, and both her entry and the slab's show that she has learned them from it...

And I WAS a night creature, so I didn't exactly feel pain or need to breath. Also started with high willpower, not that it mattered after the night-creature thing.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 03:33:56 pm by Cassandra »
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

"The fuck do you mean by 'plot'"

Melzer

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_POST][CURIOUSBEAST_POSTER][FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 10, 2012, 11:31:46 am »

Lately I had my feet and hands ripped off by horses.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 11, 2012, 02:15:48 am »

I usually die because somebody with a crossbow manages to get a lucky hit on my leg. I end up falling down and getting surrounded by the crossbowman's buddies, who stab/cut me to death. I had a pretty fun case last night, when I was just picking up the swag from a bunch of dead and dying goblins. An unconscious goblin missing one arm and both legs managed to wake up and shoot me in the leg, which caused me to immediately fall over and bleed from an artery. While I tried to crawl over and stab him in the head, a swordsman came from the next room and cut me until I bled out. Odd thing is, I'd been doing pretty well and already killed my target for that particular quest. That kind of randomness is what makes adventure mode both fun and !!!FUN!!!.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 11, 2012, 04:14:28 am »

Somehow I always get too slow and get gangraped by bandits.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

pbnjoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 12, 2012, 05:37:34 pm »

Somehow I always get too slow and get gangraped by bandits.

This with more is how I died second last. I was beating the snot out of a bandit leader off in the corner, but he started running away and screaming like a wuss, so his friends took notice. Tried to throw stuff and run away, but then I was kicked to death :(

The last time I died, I wanted to swim through a river. No, it's not what you're thinking, I could swim. No, no vicious animals were in the water. The problem lay in the fact the river was several z-levels down and I wasn't paying attention.

Alt+walked off a cliff into the river, broke limbs and drowned, essentially.

Edit:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aww, come on. This was his first shot and I killed three or four bandits before him...
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 07:42:25 pm by pbnjoe »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 12, 2012, 10:44:09 pm »

He certainly took his time with that aim! :P

I rarely actually get killed by archers. At least not directly. No modding the effectiveness of ranged weapons, here.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 12, 2012, 11:09:12 pm »

I once played marksman. He kicked ass until his arrows ran out.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 13, 2012, 02:36:43 am »

I like to recruit two crossbowmen and some kind of edged weapon user. The crossbowmen usually manage to at least maim one or two enemies before they get close.

That said, I've been finding a lot of very skilled lashers in my game recently. How does a whip, even a whip made out of metal, completely destroy your skull in one hit?
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 13, 2012, 02:57:03 am »

How does a whip, even a whip made out of metal, completely destroy your skull in one hit?
Whips are lightsabres.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 14, 2012, 01:01:28 pm »

I got instantly killed by a goblin lasher. I didn't even have time to see him. It was pretty funny.

So my adventurer took down about three roving kobold gangs in the sewers and then got eaten by a giant dingo. It sucked.
It appears that dingos can't swim, so it's possible to jump into a pool and shoot arrows at them from safety (assuming you are at least Novice Swimmer).

I found that out when some Giant Dingos interrupted my swimming exercises. I shot a couple, decided that they were not a threat and went out of the pool to lash their heads in. Then I got eaten by a Giant Dingo. It sucked, too.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 14, 2012, 01:14:30 pm »

Playing a Kobold Outsider in a high savagery, high number of beasts, low civ world. I was ordered to go kill a night creature in a lair just outside of town, I foolishly charged in with my copper spear and got punched in half in the first couple of rounds.

Mjattie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 14, 2012, 10:00:27 pm »

Usually when I'm in a town sewer, I pop around the corner and "The flying --Steel Bolt-- has hit you in the EVERYWHERE" followed by "You have lost possession of your sword" and not being able to run away fast enough with my wounds.
EDIT: I suggest the Baron's quarters look out into the caverns, with bridges between the windows and the flying building destroyers, so they can be opened in an emergency.
Sorry, I saw you accidentally wrote closed, so I fixed it.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 14, 2012, 10:20:05 pm »

Usually when I'm in a town sewer, I pop around the corner and "The flying --Steel Bolt-- has hit you in the EVERYWHERE" followed by "You have lost possession of your sword" and not being able to run away fast enough with my wounds.
I'm generally getting a feeling of an increased amount of instant death in the recent version, I think DF used to be more forgiving some time ago.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 14, 2012, 11:27:20 pm »

Archery is a bit overpowered, but in some respects I kind of like it. Hiding behind trees, ambushing from the shadows and running away are all viable and often necessary tactics. Although it's still a pain in the ass in dungeons and sewers.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 15, 2012, 12:56:41 am »

Bows and arrows won the war for a reason.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 59