Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 59

Author Topic: How have you been dying recently?  (Read 162204 times)

Viking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How have you been dying recently?
« Reply #315 on: August 20, 2012, 05:13:23 pm »

Running from night creatures again, I was going to get away when I found out I forgot to learn to swim crossing a pond. :( I really liked her too.

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 21, 2012, 09:22:48 am »

Crouching Goblin, Hidden Arrow.

Gameboon

• Bay Watcher
  • In Sovjet-Dwarfland, dwarf commands you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 21, 2012, 09:50:07 am »

Crouching Goblin, Hidden Arrow.

I lol'd at that.

I slept in the wilderness, and got ambushed in the night by bandits. (seriously, don't THEY need to sleep?)

lordofthenothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 22, 2012, 10:09:41 am »

Somebody I was fighting pushed me off a cliff, I fell in a river, I then fell by a waterfall and then i got eaten by an alligator.

CamelCase

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 22, 2012, 04:09:47 pm »

Thought I'd level my wrestling skill by grabbing a stray goose. My companions weren't to into that and proceeded to attack me, resulting in the loss of one of my arms, my other hand, and a leg, before I killed them both. Just as I killed the second, a merchant walk by and joined in. I managed to strangle him with my remaining arm and bite his throat until he died. Unfortunately, we'd made out way over to the huge outdoor market and I was swarmed by merchants, planters, and butchers. Killed off most of 'em by ripping off their arms and legs with my teath, kicking them in the face body, or chewing my way into their stomachs. Just when it was looking like I was gonna live, I bleed out.

TL;DR: I was mauled and beaten by half a town and my two allies because I tried to wrestle a goose.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 23, 2012, 09:32:52 am »

Bogeyman, every damn time.  The last few adventurers i've rolled have recieved first missions just further out than half a day.  To camps, not lairs.  Falling for this every time I try it anyway, always clearing the camp and always getting jumped on the way home :(
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 23, 2012, 11:16:33 am »

Bogeyman, every damn time.  The last few adventurers i've rolled have recieved first missions just further out than half a day.  To camps, not lairs.  Falling for this every time I try it anyway, always clearing the camp and always getting jumped on the way home :(
Just get an ally from a nearby town or fortress. If you're a Demigod, soldiers will usually always accept your requests. Bogeymen only appear when you're alone and having someone at your side makes clearing the camp easier too.

Viking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 27, 2012, 08:23:59 pm »

Me too often I hate when I fast travel 3/4 of a day and then realize my companion is still in town presumably. I just had a dwarf get punched through the head by a bogeyman tonight. He was fricken badass though. The first two times he was caught out in the woods at night he killed 5 bogeymen each time and then massacred a camp of humans and elves. He lost the ability to stand which sucked. Again, its a shame my companion was still in town somewhere!!

Recently I'd been trying to cross a frozen ocean but I gave up after the inevitable flash thaw/freeze cycles. Over short distances its doable but not long!

bobboy555

• Bay Watcher
  • A man who needs no introduction.
    • View Profile
    • Wikipedia
« Reply #323 on: August 31, 2012, 07:20:36 am »

Killed by ringleader
Killed by bogeyman
Killed by master
Killed by bandit
Killed by self

The list goes on.
So, yeah, a stack of 2000 copper coins covered in vile ash that makes you vomit blood to death is my signature weapon.

Dalkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 31, 2012, 07:36:19 am »

Found a major river with a 3 z level bank. Couldn't be asked to find a more suitable crossing point so I jumped in and smushed my skull into my brain.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 02, 2012, 06:33:49 am »

My last adventurer (playing Masterwork) quite awesome. Legendary in all skills ,clad in adamantine, and expert in several magic schools , thought that he was invencible.

Then i tried to kill a demon king and he just desintegrated me. Apparetly, he was a chosen one, a masterwork god.

Damm.

Now i am building a fort with the only objective to capture and slave that demon god.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Ushiromiya

• Bay Watcher
  • Witch hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 02, 2012, 07:33:34 am »

Mostly bogeymen. I recently tried taking a companion with me, a human pikeman. She got both her legs slashed off by a bandit ringleader, chased down a few camels by crawling slowly and got kicked to death. Cue bogeymen.
All mysteries can be explained with "Dwarf Tricks"

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 03, 2012, 11:48:08 am »

TL;DR: I was mauled and beaten by half a town and my two allies because I tried to wrestle a goose.

Oh my.  I can picture the look of utter horror in your companions faces as you approach the goose.

"Is he really going to wrestle that innocent goose?  Why on earth..."
"Look he's going for a headlock.  This is a new low.  You're gonna have to do something."
"Me?  Do something?  You want me to kill our leader because he's rolling around with large bird?"
"Let's face it, he's gonna get us killed sooner or later.  This is our ticket out of here."
"Well, can't we just leave him here?"
"Wrestling a goose on the street in the market place in front of everyone?"
"Yeah, you're right.  OK, let's end this quickly.  You cut off a leg, I'll lop that headlocking-arm off, the goose will be safe and there won't be nothin' he can do about it..."

On topic, I've been dying because a lardy, tardy adventurer laden with 60 kilos of giraffe meat and a battery of small rocks can't even outrun a sloth.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 03, 2012, 09:37:44 pm »

I was given a quest to go into some catacombs and I ran into a room to where there was about six humans, two who were archers of some sort, in a pit and me being on a ledge. I then ran into a different room where I was greeted by an elf and two goblins. I killed one goblin, but the other knocked me over and the elf proceeded to curb stomp my face into oblivion. ???
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

sigefread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 04, 2012, 11:16:54 am »

While wandering around I stumbled across a forest titan, 7 dead bodies, 64 assorted arrows and bolts and 1 bronze coin. I proceed to have a long battle with the abomination but my sword was useless so I resorted to throwing arrows and bolts at it to try and weaken it first eventually all the arrows got lodged into the beast and so I then started to chunk bodies at it. Apparently the bodies looked appetizing to a zombie giant eagle... It flew down and proceeded to maul my upper back where I was keeping the bodies in the backpack. Pass out due to blood loss and the forest titan kicks my head "the severed part sails off in an ark" Using the look button there was a felled tree Seig oakensheild's teeth and splatters of Seig oakensheilds blood... Never found my skull
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 59