Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 59

Author Topic: How have you been dying recently?  (Read 162209 times)

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How have you been dying recently?
« Reply #300 on: July 11, 2012, 11:25:05 pm »

I was changing my shield between hands in the middle of combat(I accidently dropped my sword) against a dragon. That was the stupidest thing I have done in this game.

sinister agent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Lonely as a Mushroom Cloud
« Reply #301 on: July 12, 2012, 01:43:07 pm »

Finally decided to give adventurer mode another go, since the combat system is so unique.  Got sick of trudging aimlessly around with no armour or hope of winning any fight, let alone taking on a bandit group or vampire lair.  So, when I started surrounded by stray cats and guinea hens (?), I figured they'd be some nice training.

53 dead animals and pissed off townsfolk later (some of whom I choked out and systematically mutilated to train up my skills.  It wasn't psychotic!  It was very rational!  And I felt terrible the whole time, so that makes it okay), I've just managed to disable a suturer and am choking him when another stray cat scratches me.  At this point I'm physically fine, and have nothing but a few bruises for my trouble.  Yes still I pass out.  And I never wake up.

Mauled to death by a cat.  Yeah.
I'm going to go off of a hunch and say that you had an astronomically low willpower attribute(willpower is what determines if you pass out or rough through it after a wound. Also, if it was a pack of cats like you said, all they need is to scratch your limbs a lot and you'll eventually bleed to death.

Nope.  Above average willpower, toughness, endurance, and strength.  I forget the others.  It was only one that knocked me out - apparently it somehow got a shot at my tongue, and suddenly I was immobile for god knows how long.  Long enough for more to arrive and claw me to death, apparently.

Headhanger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 12, 2012, 02:05:45 pm »

I started a new peasant adventurer, stole into a lair and killed the peasant/night creature there with a thrown rock to the head.

On my way back to the village I discovered another lair. What the heck, I think, why not have two monster-slayings to report when I get back home.

Miss. Miss. Miss. Miss. Miss. Miss. Miss. Miss. Miss. Miss. After about five minutes of this, the elf peasant punched me to death. I was even missing simple/direct hit attacks.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 12, 2012, 03:29:08 pm »

Mummies?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 12, 2012, 03:36:41 pm »

I started a new peasant adventurer, stole into a lair and killed the peasant/night creature there with a thrown rock to the head.

On my way back to the village I discovered another lair. What the heck, I think, why not have two monster-slayings to report when I get back home.

Miss. Miss. Miss. Miss. Miss. Miss. Miss. Miss. Miss. Miss. After about five minutes of this, the elf peasant punched me to death. I was even missing simple/direct hit attacks.

Seems like it had a rather high agility attribute. Are you using any mods?
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0

Headhanger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 12, 2012, 05:39:58 pm »

Seems like it had a rather high agility attribute. Are you using any mods?
Nope. Clean, vanilla Dwarf Fortress.

It wasn't dodging, I was just missing. I couldn't have been the subject of a mummy's curse either, since this was my adventurer's second fight ever.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 12, 2012, 08:14:36 pm »

It wasn't dodging, I was just missing. I couldn't have been the subject of a mummy's curse either, since this was my adventurer's second fight ever.
Have you stepped on a fluffy wambler? Hugged an elf lately? You have angered the Random Number God and he is punishing you.

Caprealis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Next Crusade~ Praise Armok!
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 13, 2012, 07:33:03 am »

At the moment.. Its been getting slaughtered by hordes of Zombie ravens, Dingo's. And Jaggi's..
Hello, My name is irrelevant, And I represent no one.
And there is no place like 127.0.0.1

Frontestro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 13, 2012, 08:50:49 am »

I like playing human outsiders my last two died as thus. The first to a pack of dingos that ambushed me my first night. After him I had my second outsider she killed a trog many wolverines and a werebeast teamed up with a surgeon the surgeon soloed a werehyena they were on their way to go kill a third when a goblin ambush hit. Surgeon died easily I took down two gobbos before a lasher, bowman and macegobbo brought me down. My newest guy just stumbled on a kobold camp hopefully he will live...

Headhanger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 14, 2012, 03:30:10 am »

I find that the hardest part of the game is always the beginning. You don't have any good equipment, you're unreliable in combat, and survivability is low.

So I was pretty pleased when my latest peasant adventurer managed to sneak-kill (thrown rocks, mace-to-the-head to finish them off) a small number of amphibian men/women without being detected.

So I swim further downstream to see if there are any other sewer outlets where I might find some more targets.

YOU ARE ENCASED IN ICE.

Viking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 18, 2012, 06:30:07 pm »

I think I was last killed by boogymen. Apparently forts can be poor places to try to stay the night.

Viking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 18, 2012, 08:01:56 pm »

I was running from night creatures when I reached a river. As I jumped in a night creature appears to have punched me in the brain through my skull so I fell in dead.

Gameboon

• Bay Watcher
  • In Sovjet-Dwarfland, dwarf commands you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 19, 2012, 11:08:29 am »

I made a demigod, and leveled his throwing and knapping for a small bit so I could at least throw things to death with some stones, just to be on the safe side. I started with some swimming skill, and decided to cross a river. When I stepped in I somehow got swept along and fell down a waterfall, and subsequently drowned.

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 20, 2012, 09:36:21 am »

Cheap shots to my legs. ALWAYS cheap shots to my legs.
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 20, 2012, 04:26:56 pm »

Bludgeoned to death by deer.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 59