Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 59

Author Topic: How have you been dying recently?  (Read 162215 times)

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How have you been dying recently?
« Reply #210 on: April 14, 2012, 10:05:41 am »

Deleting the world. Gets pretty boring when you have a vampire with Legendary Swordsman with no followers.

Yes, I never use followers. I'm a lone wolf.

JimDale

• Bay Watcher
  • Not actually at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 14, 2012, 10:07:07 am »

A human grabbed me by the head and shook me around.
Apparently he's so strong that my lower body just flew off in an arc.

lignition

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 14, 2012, 10:42:13 am »

Whoever decided humans should exile criminals into the sewer and supply them with weapons and armor.

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 14, 2012, 10:44:00 am »

Whoever decided humans should exile criminals into the sewer and supply them with weapons and armor.
That happens all the time in real life.

lignition

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 14, 2012, 11:15:24 am »

That happens all the time in real life.

I know this. Clearly the townspeople want me dead, that's why they're sending me down there.
They must know what I've been doing to half the military.
« Reply #215 on: April 14, 2012, 07:16:03 pm »

The zombies definitely. Dunno about the necromancers themselves. I wasn't quite willing to find out...

Did you hack up a necromancer? Do they not miss their limbs? :P

I cut off one's arm and feet and he then bled to death without ever trying to attack me, even though he wasn't stunned or unconscious. His buddy, on the other hand, began to attack me when the first one died.

Dantrithor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 15, 2012, 12:15:05 pm »

I have been trying adv mode for first time the last couple days. And I have to admit it's much more interesting than I thought. I love lashers!

Despite that my last death (when i was doing amazingly well) was because of a ... crash to desktop. Dammit!

The last "legitimate" death was when I massacred a hamlet population, stole a +bronze breastplate+ and *bronze hemlet* just to have my head crushed by a roaming water buffalo. Go figure!

And mummies are bad. Previous one to that was when I raided a tomb, and a mummy attempted to shoot me down with a crossbow. I decided "if i make it drop the crossbow, I'll be free to train lashing against this undead stuff without risk of retaliation." I was armoured with iron stuff I found in the previous chamber. It lost the grip on the crossbow. It mauled me with it's limbs and I died in less than 5 seconds after that. I should have let it keep it's crossbow...

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 15, 2012, 03:36:33 pm »

Started on a tiny island with only one civ, a dwarven one. I decided to attack the first thing I saw, seeing as how the village apparently didn't exist, and the first thing I saw was an Asp.

I killed it then beat up it's boyfriend, the last fight caused me to get bitten and take on it's venom. I didn't much think about it... until full paralysis set in... and the caused me to suffocate.

Damn.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #218 on: April 17, 2012, 05:16:39 am »

You can imagine my surprise when I actually encountered a were-badger. Though mostly undead-related deaths.

GrayFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 17, 2012, 05:53:37 am »

I was battered to death by a ghost while visiting a dwarven fortress. (I had lost the fortress to a goblin siege.)

ObeseHelmet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 20, 2012, 04:47:02 pm »

Started killing all the citizens while they were asleep. Then they all woke up and caught me by surprise. End of story.

restricted

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: Ass Fiends]
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 21, 2012, 08:27:21 pm »

Dived into a river. Apparently the river was too shallow, and I died of massive head trauma owing to such.

Orky_Boss

• Bay Watcher
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 21, 2012, 08:31:00 pm »

I've played multiple kobolds and some human outsiders in Deebus's world, and every time I've either gotten killed outright by the inhabitants of a lair I run into, or I run into a pack of wolves or enter a lair with multiple Trolls, and kill several of the buggers before they either land a good hit on me, or I die from getting zerg rushed.
Shit! He's flatlining! Quick, get the Doctor in!

Doctor: Nah, I'm on break.

PremiumEagle

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 26, 2012, 08:18:57 pm »

I started a new adventurer and took on a bandit quest. I recruited two hammermen in my starting town. However, they drowned while crossing a river to get to the camp. Despite this, I forged on and made it to the camp. Right as I got there, I was struck by two copper bolts, with the second one hitting my upper body and mortally wounding me. Then the leader decided to show himself, and after a few futile attempts to hit him, he finished me off with a blow to my head. All the while, the crossbowman was firing bolts at me.

eltheon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 26, 2012, 11:52:20 pm »

well it wasnt me but i suppose ill share that one of my recent kills was in a intense battle of a night creature family so i manage to cut down the entire family single handedly and tehres one left so i torture it you know the usual then i scratch its chest fracturing its left ribs tearing the heart and opening a major artery XD i just walked away
SCRATCH THAT just scratched a dudes skull through his brain LOL
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 11:59:18 pm by eltheon »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 59