Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 59

Author Topic: How have you been dying recently?  (Read 159248 times)

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How have you been dying recently?
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2011, 04:37:47 pm »

bogeymen always bogeymen they bash my lungs to atoms and leave me to suffocate
Fucking assholes. Same here.

Funny, either I escape with just heavy bruises or I break a bone, pass out, and get my head caved in.  Or I go into a martial trance (=/= marital trance) and slaughter them all.

DerUbermensch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2011, 06:51:13 pm »

Fell off a 6 z-level fortress wall from an old embark, damn these Elves.

kenken244

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2011, 12:02:59 am »

Hippos. I head out to a river to train swimming and combat skills by killing fish, but invariably a hippo charges me and stuns me, so I drown.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2011, 01:15:13 pm »

Hippos. I head out to a river to train swimming and combat skills by killing fish, but invariably a hippo charges me and stuns me, so I drown.

You shouldn't be fighting in water until you're at least an Adequate swimmer.

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2011, 05:28:49 pm »

Bronze Collosuss
Punch to the head.
Hit into my comrades.
Ensue Gore

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2011, 06:14:42 pm »

After killing a dragon, I started looting the hoard, my party members start dying from bloodloss, then I pick up a bloody bronze shield and melt to death from my hands.
Dragon blood is hot.
edit: so greed killed me, as I was already hauling several chests full of gold coin.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 06:17:57 pm by Areyar »
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2011, 08:45:26 pm »

I was playing a hammerdwarf (to be able to kill everything slowly), and I recruited a human with a silver war hammer, so I could steal his weapon.  On the way to the dragon I was going to let dismember him, we were ambushed by a troll.  They fought together for a while, until the troll managed to push the hammerman into the water, where he began to drown.  I killed the troll easily, and I decided to swim alongside the hammerman to laugh at him in his final moments.

Predictably, I was still stunned from fighting the troll and I was only a novice swimmer, so I began to drown.  I managed to make it 1/3 of the way to adequate before I finally died.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2011, 09:56:46 pm »

Macedwarf, go hunting a Night Creature who had butchered a farmer. Managed to kill by breaking its leg then jamming its skull through its brain. Headed back to town, looking for a bridge across by hugging the river, get pulled in by a Milkfish, bruise half my body and drown.

Stoup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2011, 10:59:55 pm »

Got attacked out of nowhere by a crocodile, and while fleeing I ran into two MORE crocodiles.

Benny hill theme played in my head as I fleed south over the hills. Unfortunately they eventually caught up to me and tore my upper body open, which in itself isn't so bad, but one of the crocodiles managed to snag my right foot.

Second adventurer I've had to commit suicide with due to such injuries =c

In retrospect, I discover that a broken leg doesn't mean retirement/death. Simply get a macro to walk in circles inside someone's house when you have a crutch, and when you're a legendary crutch-walker just continue as normal. Would this work?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 11:02:01 pm by Stoup »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2011, 04:26:31 am »

After killing a dragon, I started looting the hoard, my party members start dying from bloodloss, then I pick up a bloody bronze shield and melt to death from my hands.
Dragon blood is hot.
edit: so greed killed me, as I was already hauling several chests full of gold coin.
During a test on simulating a caravan I learn one thing that if determined on recruiting a dragon remember to look out for any enemies between you and the dragon. I got a Friendly fire team wipe out from this. though the test on simulating caravan worked! so now I need is to find someone to recreate the state of Washington and throw in horrible diseases from the random critters and we can have our selves "Dwarven Trail".
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2011, 03:45:12 pm »

In retrospect, I discover that a broken leg doesn't mean retirement/death. Simply get a macro to walk in circles inside someone's house when you have a crutch, and when you're a legendary crutch-walker just continue as normal. Would this work?

The macro thing should work, but is there any way to get a macro to run continuously?

For bonus points, [p]ut the crutch into a container or [t]hrow it and you don't even need to use up a free hand!

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2011, 03:56:37 pm »

The macro thing should work, but is there any way to get a macro to run continuously?

For bonus points, [p]ut the crutch into a container or [t]hrow it and you don't even need to use up a free hand!
I have ctrl-p be part of the macro.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2011, 06:29:08 pm »

(slaps forehead) DUH, why didn't I think of that. How do you stop, though?

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2011, 07:20:24 pm »

When I try it it stops after fiveish times. If it dosen't,then I don't know.

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2011, 08:55:13 pm »

When I try it it stops after fiveish times. If it dosen't,then I don't know.

AFAIK, pressing ctrl-p during recording essentially copies and pastes all of the keystrokes you've done so far.

So "ctrl-r a b ctrl-p ctrl-r" gives you the macro "a b a b" and "ctrl-r a b ctrl-p ctrl-p ctrl-r" gives "a b a b a b a b".
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 59