Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 59

Author Topic: How have you been dying recently?  (Read 159255 times)

OmegaX17

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How have you been dying recently?
« Reply #525 on: January 19, 2013, 11:02:08 pm »

My companion decided to attack a sleeping bandit. He died, as did his killer.

Started getting shot by some bronze bolts, couldn't find the archer to save my life.

A super saiyan 2, knocked out by being bashed with a bow.

After the 20+ pages of him bashing me in the head, I died.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 20, 2013, 05:48:18 am »

Bah. The classic single arrow from the single archer getting through. Goblin camp; knowing how annoying they are, i snuck up on the archers, trying to take them out before battling the rest honourably, but the second-to-last spotted me. So after killing him i retreated, hopefully out of the remaining archer's range. Well, he followed enough to get a shot in, which caused a broken skull, which caused so much pain my speed was reduced to about 1/3, apparently along with my actual combat ability, so the legendary+10 hammergobbo could beat me down. Yay. Well, at least i accomplished what i had set out for - built a character on kicking as main attack and reached legendary in the skill.

I find that currently, adventure mode is practically unplayable without grinding (getting killed by your first or second encounter isn't much fun) and even with grinding, handling archers in a straightforward fashion (i.e. without the overpowered sneaking) is annoyingly risky, since a single hit in any body part seems to have about 2/3 chance of causing your death through demolishing your speed and ability to defend yourself; there are some wrestling tricks you can use in a pinch, but if your opponent is a legendary goblin fighter, you won't be able to establish a hold when suffering from debilitating pain.

Maximiliator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 21, 2013, 11:56:51 am »

When i started out as a total newbie to adventure mode, the first thing i did was attack a stray sow (at the time i did not know the whole civ ll go hostile). The sow charged me and knocked me to the ground. After that she kicked me in the skull and tore my brain. I thought it was hilarious.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 21, 2013, 01:42:15 pm »

I punched a ram.

I got instagibbed. I'm still not sure how it happened, according to the log it rammed me ~5 times in one turn, each attack only causing some bruises, and boom dead. No decapitation, no cutting of my throat, no nuffin.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 21, 2013, 04:47:49 pm »

I had fought through armies (I'm half serious.) and I had gone out to kill the deadly hydra that had destroyed over 500 000 people. I had fought dragons, demons, everything. and then, I faced the beast took me an hour to locate it. I was a swordsman, so the whole stab its lower body thing was doomed. I chopped off its first head in the first strike, and being a necromancer, brought it back to life.

After awhile, I still hadn't chopped of another head, and he had bit my shield hand off. I was incredibly pissed, and my little head guy had died. So, in a fit of rage, I threw it at him. it smacked him in the face, and all of a sudden, I was almost dead. The jerk had gotten enraged, and charged me, knocking me to the ground, vausing me to almost die. In my last bit of hope, I realized I had a spear in my Inv, so i equiped it, as i was getting mauled, and stabbed him in the stomach.

I do not understand what happened that day. I never will. But all of a sudden, the hydra was dead. I traveled to the nearest civ and after I turned in my quest, bled to death. on the floor of the lords tower.

Like a boss.  8)
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

bmsman816

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 21, 2013, 04:49:46 pm »

I can't believe this, but a Megabeast called Werebeast Demon (Made by tampering with the code), along with an army of demons. I finally killed the army, but the Werebeast Demon was REALLY tough. At this point, all of my team is dead, and I cut off both of its arms...it ate me.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 21, 2013, 10:47:30 pm »

Titan. Fire. Too bad; I had already killed that particular titan with my destructo disk, cut it right in half.

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 22, 2013, 01:21:43 am »

Encased in ice. I was trying to get out of the water, too.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 24, 2013, 11:49:48 am »

Killed by refusing to grind - a single hit causing a broken hand forced passing out, woke up twice but instantly passed out again, giving the prone single opponent enough time to cause bleeding out.
2000-year old worlds are completely stupid for adventure anyway, your first ~100 quests will just be 'kill a werebeast'; towns will be completely surrounded by lairs. There was a vampire with over 15 000 kills, though; should have made for a nice item drop on death...

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 24, 2013, 02:51:18 pm »

Playing as a creature the size of an insect is hard work. The real problem comes with blood loss; any nick you take, no matter how small or superficial, is almost always instantly lethal if it drops any of what little blood you have. Thus, it should come to no surprise that my former endeavor as a Lilliputan-esque creature came to an abrupt end by dragonfire. The dragon was already dead, mind you; I was just unaware that I was standing on a heated square for all of one turn. Thus, the moment I saw "You are melting!", it was too late to do anything.

On the plus side, any other wounds seem inconsequential. I could get bashed, stepped on, fallen on, flung to a wall, and then launched to the stratosphere in one turn; if it didn't shed blood, it didn't happen.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 02:55:33 pm by ShinQuickMan »

Someguyfromcrowd

• Escaped Lunatic
  • [VGTG]
    • View Profile
    • dA
« Reply #535 on: January 25, 2013, 08:10:05 pm »

I killed a stray goose because I was starving and needed food.

Bad move.

A horde of cats and geese charged me an instant later, knocking me off of my feet and onto the ground. I tried to stave them off, but quickly fell into a cycle of unconsciousness and exhaustion.

They nibbled me to death. The combat text is hundreds of pages long and takes up nearly a megabyte of space.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 08:12:55 pm by Someguyfromcrowd »
I built a dwarf fortress and all I got was this lousy zombie invasion.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 25, 2013, 10:33:42 pm »

Aerie

• Bay Watcher
  • Mae fy hofrenfad yn llawn llyswennod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 26, 2013, 02:32:32 am »

Started out as a Nord in Genesis, went traveling out to a camp in the tundra. Thought I'd take on a mammoth to craft some decent starting armor.

First attack was as follows:

The Mammoth kicks You in the head with her right front foot, brusing the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing apart the brain!
You have been knocked unconscious!
You are propelled away by the force of the blow!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 02:35:17 am by Aerie »
Play my forum game, The Darkness Below!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 26, 2013, 02:48:37 am »

After generating a world with 1300+ year history, I am getting steamrolled by absolutely everything in it.

I have found that the brutemen who become vampires are displayed as such: "minotaur vampire" or "ettin vampire." I met one in a keep, and when I accused him of being a night creature he basically said "ahahahaha you got me! Yep, I'm a vampire." He was still not hostile towards me.

However, I met two of these vampires in a den outside a town, where they literally butchered me.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 26, 2013, 08:41:49 pm »

FAUQING CAAAAAAARP!
I WILL HAVE YOUR FISHY ASS FACE!
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 59