Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 59

Author Topic: How have you been dying recently?  (Read 162229 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: How have you been dying recently?
« Reply #375 on: October 15, 2012, 05:34:35 pm »

There's no such thing as balance in reality! When the arrows fly, poor bastards at the other end of their arc die. Your options are to hide behind something sturdy or find out how it feels to have a 3-foot spear fly through your torso.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Burnzy503

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 16, 2012, 04:47:51 pm »

So I was finally able to become a Necromancer and I was attacking my first village, I took down two humans on my own and brought them back, after that it was a chain reaction I had an army of people who were now clawing their neighbors to death. One little soap maker blew through the lines of my undead hordes and clawed me in the neck which then the log said "It sails off in an arc!" then follows by "You have been struck down". I couldn't help but just laugh, curse that soap maker though :P I will return!
Defeating deities and dying to llamas!

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 16, 2012, 07:33:46 pm »

Huh. I didn't have that option. I read the slab that supposedly contains the secrets of life and death. I even checked Legends, and both her entry and the slab's show that she has learned them from it...

And I WAS a night creature, so I didn't exactly feel pain or need to breath. Also started with high willpower, not that it mattered after the night-creature thing.

I recall reading that elves couldn't become necromancers, since they're already immortal, or something like that. That would explain your inability to raise the dead.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 16, 2012, 07:45:40 pm »

True. Only creatures with a MAXAGE tag can become necromancers. Their MAXAGE can be set to some improbably high numbers though. It also demands that they have CAN_SPEAK and CAN_LEARN (for which the INTELLIGENT tag is a stand-in.)

The actual raws for a necromancer and their raise zombie interaction:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I was rather peeved when I attempted to become a necromancer Yeti and found that Yetis are immortal anyway. Curses! :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Justiceface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 16, 2012, 08:05:51 pm »

I spent game hours walking around and around and over this hill, looking for the cave entrance the game told me I had just discovered.  There was one downward slope I could get to, but couldn't actually go down it for some reason.  In a fit of pique I set a tree on fire, was unable to leave its immediate vicinity, and burned up bled to death.
If you have okay wrestling, you can stab someone in the lower body, making their guts pop out. If you then wrestle and pinch the guts, you can sever them. By then, the guy's probably unconscious. If he's not, strangle him until he is and cave in his skull with the guts.

No, really.

Commodore1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Collector of Noses
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 16, 2012, 09:34:44 pm »

Drowning, because I tried to swim through a river, only to notice that I forgot to put any skill points into swimming... :(

Nukarama

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: adorable stupidity]
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 19, 2012, 11:07:00 pm »

My legs might be made of glass.
And when the site infiltration feature is done, we can do that thing where two short people disguise themselves as one tall guy in a trenchcoat. Except the two people in question will be halves of the same person.
The perfect disguise.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 19, 2012, 11:08:28 pm »

True. Only creatures with a MAXAGE tag can become necromancers. Their MAXAGE can be set to some improbably high numbers though. It also demands that they have CAN_SPEAK and CAN_LEARN (for which the INTELLIGENT tag is a stand-in.)

The actual raws for a necromancer and their raise zombie interaction:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I was rather peeved when I attempted to become a necromancer Yeti and found that Yetis are immortal anyway. Curses! :P
Could you edit that, or is it hardcode?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 20, 2012, 01:42:55 am »

It's generated, so yeah it's hardcode. However, you can copy it, edit the copy, and use it in generating all future worlds. From the advanced generation menu, make a world with no secrets. This will mean that the secret you edited in will be the only one that exists. I don't know whether that means only one tower could ever exist in each world or not, but hopefully more will appear.

This is really getting off-topic, though.

Recently I died in arena mode from various snake bites, as I was testing their effects.
I make Spellcrafts!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 20, 2012, 06:45:18 am »

I set up a big battle between elves and various animal men in arena mode. One lucky hit from a dingoman decapitated me.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

nomnum

• Bay Watcher
  • Spayships
    • View Profile
    • Eighteen Pixels
« Reply #385 on: October 20, 2012, 09:08:36 am »

Got surrounded by 6 goblins master-swordsmen near a river with no swimming skill... Realized i was a vampire and coudnt drown...
Jumped in the river and managed to flounder to the other side.

I stood at the ledge laughing at the goblins drown. I had 3 steps of victory before a carp pulled me back in the water and bit off my arms and eventually gnawing my head off. ::)
One does not simply...
Manage a dwarven fortress.

Auroros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 23, 2012, 09:41:46 am »

I was a Vampire, I had early Lost my left Hand, but I still became a Legendary Hero.

But then I took a Bolt in the Face...
No seriously, a Goblin one-Shotted me from behind. With a Silver Bolt and a Copper Crossbow D:

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 23, 2012, 04:17:17 pm »

Went out to torture some animals to death. Was successful for a while... Until I found myself in a river with a sturgeon. Didn't even have time to react; instant death as far as could be seen on my screen. The combat logs and river revealed a gruesome, bloody fate.
I make Spellcrafts!

Burnup

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill until you can't, Then savescum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 23, 2012, 05:06:14 pm »

Perfectly awesome, healthy, hero with around 10 followers. stumbled upon a crypt. walked in finding a bag in the center of the room, walked to the bag, once on the bag, had both his legs permenently broken by a trap. then was jumped by a mummy. All his followers die. He crawls out alive with mountains of treasure. gets to town aquires followers, and sets out as a crawling man of doom. Next battle he gets stabbed repeatedly, until dead, by spearmen. His #1 attribute was his speed, he couldn't handle it.
Just tell her that you were merely doing what the voices in your head were telling you to do.

sudgy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 23, 2012, 11:40:55 pm »

I had an adventurer that was told to fight a necromancer.  I had no idea how they were, went there, and got brutally murdured by a bunch of zombies.  I later was told to fight him again, and died again.  Later, after getting a really good adventurer (with around 10 followers) I'm told to fight him again.  I carefully let my followers in first, and they conquer the first room.  I can't see the go upstairs, so I tried crawling up.  Bad decision.  I instantly got bombarded by some zombies and dodged my way away from the staircase.  Me, all alone, pitted against 20+ elf zombies and 2 necromancers.  Obviously, I died.  The game I have right now I was told to fight him again.  I think I'll wait a while for that...
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 59