Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 59

Author Topic: How have you been dying recently?  (Read 162201 times)

JacaByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How have you been dying recently?
« Reply #165 on: July 18, 2011, 07:47:19 pm »

This is a masterful engraving of a duck. The duck is surrounded by corpses. The duck is laughing.

Micr0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 19, 2011, 11:40:57 am »

Horse kick to the face.

Horses are actually very ferocious in combat.

stven275

• Bay Watcher
  • What do i put here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 20, 2011, 04:39:15 pm »

I was playing genesis mod with my minotaur  adventurer and i was looking around the crafting menu, and created a fire ball arrow......then i started melting, i thew the arrow away but i was too late.

FUN 8)
"I don't have time to jusify myself to your viewers.(dances in pink armor)"
-YouTube comment 2012

Videonfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Now you know why you should fear the night
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 21, 2011, 12:04:52 am »

I was playing genesis mod with my minotaur  adventurer and i was looking around the crafting menu, and created a fire ball arrow......then i started melting, i thew the arrow away but i was too late.

FUN 8)
YOU TOO??? :O
You just can't trust allies

strongrudder

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 22, 2011, 03:16:48 am »

Legendary fully armed and armoured adventurer. I go to strangle a duck for training, duck dodges, bites my neck, I die. Duck gets a title.

Next adventurer goes on a wild goose chase for the Duck, I actually find him! I go to kill it sadly it dodges my spear and causes fatal heart damage with it's bite, somehow.

Next I get an archer to take out, it dodges all of my arrows and hops into a lake. I follow it and the Duck gets of the lake at the other side, as soon as the Duck gets out of the water the lake freezes! Cunning bastard.

Finally I get an adventurer swordsman gathers a bunch of soldiers that somehow get there asses handed to the BY A DUCK!

A DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK! UUUUAHHHH!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The flying ☼Earworm☼ strikes strongrudder in the brain!
The ☼Earworm☼ has lodged firmly in the wound!
strongrudder gives in to music.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 22, 2011, 06:42:59 am »

^ You see artwork based on a Mega-Duck. It is encircled with dried blood and menaces with spikes of fear.

I just had my elven adventurer kill all of the megabeasts/semi-beasts out there. I threw the world into a Golden Age. I fought off a Giant Cave Spider and lived unscathed...

My only regret?

Listening to my Ego. No single person can conquer HFS... I tripped on a pebble and fell through a hole , managed to splatter myself all over those clowns. Guess they won't look good anymore, well not as good as they look now.

Maybe Morul can though as well as those in the DF Legends but I'm just rambling, onto the next story!

Edit: I really did splat myself. Cursed images, thinking it isnt open air...

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 22, 2011, 02:22:11 pm »

What better way to make a first post than to revel in all the 'fun'.
So far I have been sticking with adventure mode since that level of ASCII I can handle (Fortress mode just makes my brain explode) from playing ADOM. I must say I am severely impressed with the grappling system in this one, so much so in fact that my first death was err... grappling related...

My little elven chica, so enthralled by leglocks and judo throws ran around for what seemed like forever strangling and tearing the beaks off of Turkeys, the bloody carnage lasted for so long I forgot what time it was and it started turning dark. Not wanting to encounter the dreaded boogeymen I read about I started running like the wind towards the nearest settlement (also hoping to sell a small fortune of turkey beaks), but I was interrupted by a menacing E.
Well, well, well... the Turkeys had brought in the feathery fuzz to bring me to justice. Well I was not about to cheeze it, in a dance of bony blizzards I threw as many beaks as I could at it before it closed the distance. This was it... I had trained my entire life for wrestling this bird... I Shift-A-Enter-Left Hand-Beak'ed it. When that beautiful text showed that I had managed to grab a hold of it's maw I almost did a little jig, this would be it, I would leave this place with the corpse of a Giant Eagle. And then... I got horribly horribly horribly mauled.
That was the end of the great Selene "Turkeygrappler" Paleskin.

Learning from my mistakes the first time I decided to take it slower with Turkeygrapplers half-sister... it did not work out so well, on my way to a quest I got ambushed and apparently I was in the middle of a murky pond. I had invested in swimming but not even the most furious Alt-Movements could get me out of that pond. I was well and truly stuck and gave up to starvation.

The third sister will do much better, I can feel it, she will bear great vengeance against eagles and water everywhere.

Eктωρ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 24, 2011, 01:39:31 pm »

Bogeymen, ambushes, infection will kill me soon probably.
Ektor is in a constant state of internal rage

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 26, 2011, 04:53:30 pm »

I had almost become a hero in the eyes of the people. My most recent mission was to kill a polar bear in some god-forsaken tundra. A simple mission, but traveling there was going to take several days.

So I left town with only a peasant companion.

And immediately ran into a goblin bandit group called the "Virginal Dungeons."

Even with my newly-crafted sweet armor and stuff (which took me a while to create), their lasher manages to fracture every bone in every appendage in my body before ripping my skull into twelve pieces.
I stood no chance.

And Idiot McPeasant just sat there, dumbfounded, while they ripped me apart.

Spybuster

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Engravers, The Kings and Queens of Trolling...
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 26, 2011, 06:41:23 pm »

Charged into battle, Fired at by 7 Marksdwarves...
Besmar Townblizzard!

Confused111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 26, 2011, 08:20:14 pm »

My last adventurer, Galir Obinuce, the legendary swordsman of the southern kingdoms, who near-singlehandedly emptied the lands of all megabeasts and titans, including a quadraped composed of flames, and a spider with green, scraggy scales... disappeared into the unexplored wastes of the north. He had kept company with one of the most legendary creatures in existence. A demon by the name of Riqui. This demon was a humanoid, noseless camel with fluffy, lavender hair. His blood melted those who shed it, yet it hadn't been seen for centuries. This demon dodged every attack that came his way. This legendary creature once decapitated a Roc with a knife in one swipe. Sadly, though, these adventures would come to an end. Someone had told Galir of the wastes of the north, which were as of yet unexplored, as they were inhabited by goblins and the once thought extinct kobolds. Sadly, Galir took this as a challenge, and with Riqui and an ex-bandit (Recruited from bugged and non-hostile bandit camp) following him, he ventured northwards. The monsters of the north thought it would be a rather hilarious death if he were to die before he even got anywhere near there, but Galir proved too strong. He cut down all the forces set against him, with the demon and the ex-bandit fighting alongside him. Sadly, the lands had another plan. An enemy would arise from the last place he would have expected... his companions. Forces unknown (a bug) caused his teammates to turn against him on the shores of his final rest. He awoke to his ex-bandit companion advancing towards him with an evil glint in his eye, and they clashed. Of course, Galir being the mega-hero he is, he slew the man near immediately. Sadly, this gave Riqui time to get near him, and began cutting at him. He dodged the first few, and parried some of the next, but eventually began defending himself and fighting back. The fight went on for ages with no one taking any hits, but demons do not tire, and humans do. Finally, Galir cut Riqui's leg, and severed a couple nerves. Riqui fell, but stabbed Galir in the lower body, tearing his stomach. Galir was pushed back by the force of the blow, falling over as well. They just kept fighting, except Riqui eventually bled out. Galir couldn't rest due to bleeding, so he just laid there, near Riqui's corpse as waves came in from the ocean and the sun set. He eventually bled out as well. It was seriously the best thing I have ever experienced in this game, and I doubt anything will ever come close to it again.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 27, 2011, 04:50:26 pm »

Had a really agile demigod axeman who had chopped all the bandits and night creatures to cubes. I went into a labyrnth and heard the minotaur. "Hey! I think I can do this!" It found me. It grabbed me and proceeded to pretty much crumple me into a small ball. I laughed so hard.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 04:52:40 pm by Powder Miner »

Brink

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 28, 2011, 11:52:08 pm »

I managed to train to legendary kicking fighting and biting... had fun with the last one... anyway I decided to go on a rampage through town with no armor or weapons. I killed everyone in the two towns I managed to get to and I even bit off all of both feet and hands of a person before he died. the problem was when I tried to swim to get out of town after 37 kills. it was an ocean. it turned to ice fairly fast.

Videonfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Now you know why you should fear the night
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 29, 2011, 07:29:30 am »

in fortress mode:a swarm of honey badgers D:  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
You just can't trust allies

Knarfle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 29, 2011, 07:47:25 am »

My shieldless adventurer was doing awesome. Until she fought a dragon. Then she melted and bled to death. WHAT A WORLD, WHAT A WORLD!

Her legend says an iron war hammer made her bleed out. What...?
What do you get when a Rhesus monkey steps on a weapons trap loaded with maximum adamantine blades?

Rhesus Pieces!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 59