Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 59

Author Topic: How have you been dying recently?  (Read 159394 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: How have you been dying recently?
« Reply #105 on: January 18, 2011, 03:39:59 pm »

maybe...
"Urist Angelfeathers has been encased in cooling lava."
*facepalm*
forgot to turn off adventurer traps...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Confused111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 18, 2011, 05:48:31 pm »

In a rather avoidable manner. Cloven Earthguard the Awe-Inspiring Brightness of Sugar was tasked with killing a sand titan. I went on my way to do so, with a band of twelve. On our way, we were ambushed by goblins, barghests, a couple mistresses and three raptor dragons. Everyone but around three people died, including me. Survivors were a Hammerman named Swes, who survived a titan's spit to the lower body, a swordsman named Barly, near one of the originals, and Awerete, a wrestler, who killed a raptor dragon with his bare hands. We kept traveling because we were too far from any civilization to turn back now. Eventually, we reached the shrine, but there was a castle a little south of there. We decided to move past and sleep. Unfortunately, it turned to night before we could get there and we got lost. We were very drowsy by this point, so we decided to sleep in the forest. Unfortunately, this is pretty much always a death sentence for my adventurers and I have now learned that lesson. We were assaulted by Ezrakim elves, and only Swes died, as far as I can tell. Do battles just end when you die, causing everyone else to stop fighting and go elsewhere?

Fluid

• Bay Watcher
  • Something has gone, Terribly wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 18, 2011, 10:54:44 pm »

You can still skip steps while dead, which continues a battle.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 19, 2011, 10:58:46 am »

*facepalm*
that would have meant so much...
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 19, 2011, 07:45:22 pm »

As usual, to bandit/goblin leaders. I disintegrate dragons (at last), obliterate ogres, eliminate ettins, annihillate alligators and slay scorpions (the giant ones) and more, in no particular order, but nearly every time my adventurer dies, it is to a bandit/goblin leader. And I can hardly sneak a wound in most of the time, too. I may destroy their entire gang single-handedly, but once I get close to them, bam, headshot with a spear or a hammer or an axe or a sword... or even skipping the getting close if they're equipped with a ranged weapon. I had an adventurer get a brain-tearing headshot on the second turn after spotting a bandit leader... yeah, that's why when they ask me to kill a bandit, I go to another town trying to find a night creature quest or stumble into a megabeast lair.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Fluid

• Bay Watcher
  • Something has gone, Terribly wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 19, 2011, 08:05:51 pm »

Yeah, every time I've ever fought a dagger wielding bandit boss, I've gotten jabbed in the face with a dinkly knife, while I miss every time with my exceptional steel longsword.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 20, 2011, 06:16:30 pm »

Now that you mention it, so have I, earlier I thought I just sucked, but now a conspiracy theory of bandit overlords is coalescing.

or maybe it is a bug where dodging skills are king or something.
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 22, 2011, 02:57:02 pm »

found a fucking cave dragon in a lair :-\ well at least we tore out eachothers throats  :D
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 01:37:56 pm by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

mwanafalsafa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 22, 2011, 04:36:30 pm »

swimming in a river that froze over

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 22, 2011, 04:41:47 pm »

You have been scared to death.
(what happened is that I got ambushed and dodged a bolt. Down a cliff.  :'(
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Beach Bum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 23, 2011, 12:36:13 am »

My last 3 deaths have been from random bolts smacking me in the head. The one before that I got mortally wounded by boogeyman while I was a few steps outside of a town and ended up dodging into an inescapable pit right after I got my heart damn near torn out.  :o

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 23, 2011, 03:06:48 am »

The majority of my deaths are directly related to passing out from pain, then being beaten/eaten/stabbed/cut to death. That's almost always how it goes if boogeymen catch me, though sometimes they punch me in the head. I get one-shotted by bowmen occasionally, but I'm paranoid about that sort of thing and wear as much head armor as I can, usually a helm and two metal caps. Sneaking into bandit camps and picking them off one at a time is a tactic that has served me well. I never sleep in the woods anymore because I ALWAYS get ambushed and die. I haven't bled to death (without having passed out during a fight) much since the ludicrous blood loss from minor injuries was fixed. I don't remember falling to my death at any point, but I was punched by what I thought was a completely disabled cyclops once and exploded on the wall behind me.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

eepkeep

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Yawner
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 23, 2011, 06:55:58 am »

My most interesting death was when I was tasked with wiping out a HUGE bandit party. I'd made my adventurer quite strong and agile, but decided, partially due to curiosity about the gameplay mechanics and partially due to wanting to roleplay a psychotic mindless killing machine, decided to nerf every mental skill besides focus, willpower (that's what crazies have most, no?) and kinesthetic and spatial sense. Now, being a psycho, this guy decided he could take on the entire bandit party all by himself. He charged in and dealt with more than half a dozen of them with swift decapitations, but finally stopped his killing streak when the captain sliced his left arm off, making him drop his shield. The pain was not enough to stop him, though, and he slashed continuously and mortally wounded the captain, but not before he got off one last shot that sliced his right arm off as well. Even when unarmed (haha pun *rolls eyes*), he continued to fight, using his feet and his teeth. The result? The whole, well over fifteen bandits-strong army lay motionless on the bloodstained soil with bootprints imprinted on their caved-in skulls. His death came later though, when tasked with destroying a second party consisting almost entirely of goblins. He was able to wipe out six of them right off the bat with his super-strong feet, including their leader, but was finally cornered by the marksgoblins. Their relentless barrage of bolts severely wounded him. He couldn't breathe, he was bleeding from all over, and finally died of blood loss while taking cover behind a tree.

Other than that it's mostly bogeymen goring me in the head while I sleep. :(
Eepkeep cancels Build signature: Needs creativity

The Sacred Sound

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 26, 2011, 12:35:08 am »

My previous adventurer, returning from exploring new lands for a fledgling nation, died when an elk trampled her in her sleep. Somewhere out there, there is a murderous female elk roaming the forests with a confusing name. May Armok bless the soul of he who finally puts her to rest.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #119 on: January 26, 2011, 12:21:31 pm »

Minotaurs have never killed me, but I've never escaped one uninjured. Never, ever, EVER fight them with anything less then like 10 ax men, and even that is risky.

My deaths tend to be of the "epic" variety; you know, late game, having my 20 strong group ambushed by a seemingly endless horde of enemies, slaying dozens of them myself while my companions fight and die all around me. Last time I actually survived the encounter, but was so injured that I could only drag myself to town and retire.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 59