Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Vault 17a, A 40d Fallout Mod Community Fortress  (Read 7594 times)

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
Re: Vault 17a, A 40d Fallout Mod Community Fortress
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2010, 12:53:06 pm »

Shouts rang out in the Vault's entrance hall. Remalle, who had been hauling a lump of Orthoclase outside to build a wall, had spotted a hulking figure lurking in the doorway, seemingly trying to wrench the door itself off its' hinges. The figure turned at the noise, and Remalle quickly dropped the stone and ran back to the Dining room, shouting at the top of her lungs. Hearing the commotion, Gareth and Tallpanzer both rushed to the scene, discovering three more of the figures, who were both taller and broader than any human they had ever seen. Knowing that they had to protect the civilians, the brave men rushed into battle. Tallpanzer did well initially, finishing off his first foe with a single thrust of his whirring blade, but he was caught from behind by another of the huge figures, and was slammed into the wall by the force of the blow, breaking several bones. Gareth was slower in finishing off his first opponent, but seeing what the figures had done to Tallpanzer, he cut the remaining foes down as though they were the rock walls his pick usually tasted.

"He needs Water"

Donna stood in the doorway, looking slightly aghast at the sight of Gareth, covered in blood, and Tallpanzer on the floor by the wall, his leg twisted oddly and his skull slightly dented. She repeated

"He needs Water"

"Why?" Replied Gareth

"A man in his condition, if he tries to drink anything with alcohol in, it will make him ill. He will not be able to keep it down. He will die without Water."

"Then we need to find some water."

Sorry, Tallpanzer. You had a weapon and you were handy. Gareth got to the fight a bit later, and killed the guys beating on you, but they got in some nasty hits first.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2010, 02:33:39 pm »

at least I wasn't taking a brake and a did get one before they got me. I hope there is some way to get water, dieing of thirst sucks.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2010, 03:29:24 pm »

Orthoclase walls?  Nothing less than obsidian blocks are worthy for our magnificent vault hole in the ground!

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2010, 03:38:08 pm »

I don't have very much Obsidian, and it's just a wall around the outdoor farms. I'm using Obsidian for the entrance fortifications, once it's all dug out.

I know where the water is, but Gareth's taking a long time to get to it. He keeps eating, drinking and sleeping, the lazy git. You're currently dehydrated, which does not bode well for the future.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2010, 03:44:52 pm »

I don't have very much Obsidian, and it's just a wall around the outdoor farms. I'm using Obsidian for the entrance fortifications, once it's all dug out.
Ooh, fancy.  Carry on then.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2010, 04:19:48 pm »

Both tries for the underground river have resulted in either Remalle or Gareth getting mauled by Wanamingos.

3rd time lucky, I hope!
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2010, 10:52:53 pm »

Is it all at possible for me to be the next useless male Migrent, And may I be drafted from my cheese/lye/soap makeing and be pissed about it?

Gun user Perferiblly.
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”
― Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2010, 11:02:41 am »

It is indeed. I've got the Caravan in the Depot at the moment, so Migrants are probably in the next few updates.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2010, 11:56:33 am »

A collective sigh of relief ran through the vault as Water finally flowed into the reservoir Gareth had dug. Not only would this stop the constant shouts about being unable to bring water to Tallpanzer, but it also helped with the steadily worsening booze situation. Unfortunately, the sheer amount of Mining involved meant Gareth had missed talking to the Caravan from the Vault, meaning that the small group had no wood, and no way of getting more for another year. To make matters worse, the thieves seemed to enjoy acts of wanton destruction, and they had broken four of the six beds in the barracks, scattering pieces across the floor, and rendering them useless. There were another three beds in seperate bedrooms, but one was taken up full time by Tallpanzer, and Six people on four beds meant that people did have to sleep on the floor occasionally, and the situation would only get worse when the first group of refugees arrived.

Tallpanzer's over the worst. His head's healed, as is his leg. Just waiting for his upper body to mend. I hope it happens soon, he's the Brewer.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 12:11:29 pm by Burnt Pies »
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2010, 06:55:46 pm »

Triple Post!

Winter went by quickly and uneventfully, the only notable happening being an ancient robot tripping one of the stonefall traps in the Vault entrance. Gareth quickly melted down the parts left over, but there was not enough steel there to make anything useful. Bobby G and Lieutenant Itnetlolor had been seen whispering sweet nothings to one another during evenings in the dining hall, and everyone knew they were talking of getting married.

Eventually, Winter gave way to Spring, and with it came another Caravan, this one led by a tall, incredibly skinny looking man. Upon closer inspection, the flesh seemed to be almost dropping off him, and the sight was so distressing that both Chris and Itnetlolor were in favour of shooting the traveller before he got any closer, lest they catch whatever it was that had befallen him. Gareth would have none of it, however, especially when it became obvious that the newcomers wished to trade, and had a small amount of wood and fruit, which they willingly gave up in return for finely crafted mugs hewn from obsidian.

It was quiet once the ghouls had left (That was what Donna had called them, and, lacking a better name, it had stuck), the only sound being Gareth attempting to use some of the ores he had found in the mountainside. Chris spent most of her time outside, and dead animals were found at the entrance fairly regularly. Unlike the first batch, this lot had crudely hewn Bone shotgun pellets inside them, which had been made by Bobby G after Chris had returned, bleeding but triumphant, holding the corpse of a Fire Gecko. She had explained that the beast had the ability to shoot gobs of fire, and most of her injuries came from one of these that she had not been able to dodge. Thankfully, the injuries were light, but it was decided that Chris would have ammo for her next hunting trips, and Bobby G was happy to oblige.

The shout pierced the night air like a gunshot

"Hey! Anyone in here?"
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2010, 07:43:03 pm »

I survived being wounded in 40d! My guy must be tough.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2010, 08:04:07 pm »

He's tough, yeah, but only tough. It was a lot of wounds, too.

Next update; Migrants!
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Cannabust

• Bay Watcher
  • Prick with a pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2010, 08:09:50 pm »

Can I be a migrant, if it would be ok with you? Name him Morrison or something
Current Adventurer: Fel AXESEVER, the MOUNTAINOUS VIOLENCE
http://new-eggbert.myminicity.com/ind (WE NEED FACTORIES!)
Armok needs blood, I just do it with picks.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2010, 08:13:17 pm »

I got a shit-ton of migrants in my first wave, so anyone wanting a migrant is welcome to one.

If you have a preferred profession, let me know, and I'll do my best to fit you in.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2010, 08:16:03 pm »

For my migrant Ill also use his name :D
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 08:21:27 pm by Javarock »
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”
― Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6