Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Vault 17a, A 40d Fallout Mod Community Fortress  (Read 7579 times)

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
Vault 17a, A 40d Fallout Mod Community Fortress
« on: December 17, 2010, 08:42:21 pm »

War. War Never Changes.

Vault 17, like most of the other Vaults in America, was designed as a massive social experiment. The Vault was filled to capacity at the start of its life, but some of the air filtration systems were designed to fail after only 20 years, reducing the air recycling system to half of its original power.

Only discovering the "modifications" after sealing the Vault, the vault dwellers had made preparations for this eventuality, preparing several 6 man teams who would go out into the wastes and dig out new vaults to house the people who could no longer be supported by the Main Vault. Several of the teams met gruesome ends, after stumbling across Deathclaw nests, or wandering into Raider Territory. Several more teams had survived to strike the earth, but then been eradicated by the other hazards of post apocalyptic life; radiation, dehydration, and addiction. Only one Vault Building team remains, and in their hands rests the fate of nearly 500 people.

A fort using Deon's most excellent Fallout Mod for 40d!

I'm accepting 5 more entrants. The team has Gareth Johnson, a Miner/Leader/Trader, already, and another shadowy figure, who we'll meet later.

The fallout mod adds several weapons to the game, most notably the mighty Chainsaw, a battle axe replacement that does 140 (yes, 140) Gore damage. Nasty. There are also a lot of Fallout guns in the game, from the frankly terrible Red Ryder LE BB gun to the mighty Gauss Rifle.

I'm embarking with an anvil (probably), and forging equipment on site. I'll be taking a Bar of Steel, and 1-2 bars of Copper, depending on how many miners we get. Applicants can be skilled as much or as little as you wish, and get 50 points equipment allowance. Possibly more for dedicated military dwarves.

Awaiting Applicants!

profiles will be posted tomorrow, when it's not 20 to 2 in the morning.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
Re: Vault 17a, A 40d Fallout Mod Community Fortress
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 08:48:42 pm »

I like to be wastlandered, Medic please.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 08:54:15 pm »

This being 40d, I can't really do a medic. All your wastelander will do is haul people to their beds and feed/water them occasionally.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 09:42:44 pm »

I'm interested...

I will be a Vault-Tec sleeper agent, who currently thinks he's a short order cook. 

Cook/Butcher
!!Elves!! would actually be kinda cool as a civ symbol.  !!Clowns!!, however, you get the impression they're on fire of their own free, malicious, evil, will.

Also, much scarier if literally clowns.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 09:52:16 pm »

I'll be starting this tomorrow. Anyone else wanting to be Vault Dweller'd is welcome!
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 10:05:30 pm »

This looks promising. Count me in.

Lieutenant Itnetlolor. Gunner/guard and combat engineer (mechanic).

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 10:20:27 pm »

I haven't played the mod, but could I be a mason or stonecrafter?

EDIT:  Make me a skilled mason/competent stonecrafter/competent engraver, please, and bring along some marble blocks to make a nice drawbridge at the entrance.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 10:52:08 pm by Remalle »

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 10:40:29 pm »

Yeah, sure, you guys are in.

I'm off to sleep now.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 11:24:49 pm »

Normally medics in fall out are trained to use rippers and chems(alchemy). They also tend to those other things you mentioned, but in the wasteland it's best to amputate.  ;D
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2010, 05:37:41 am »

Name: Christopher Chapman
A hunter who's only a little bit psychotic. Honest.

A cookie to whoever's resourceful enough to find out why I used the name (It will be obvious if you find it).

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2010, 12:07:30 pm »

Name: Christopher Chapman
A hunter who's only a little bit psychotic. Honest.

A cookie to whoever's resourceful enough to find out why I used the name (It will be obvious if you find it).

I'm assuming you didn't name him after the fashion photographer.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
Re: Vault 17a (Heroicdwellers!), A 40d Fallout Mod Community Fortress
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2010, 02:29:48 pm »

The expedition had set off from the Vault in high spirits. The two gunners in the group had shot down several horrifying animals before they were even out of sight of the entrance, and Bobby G had pronounced most of them safe to eat. Food supplies were excellent, and the emergency supplies of Muck Root and Turtle brought from the vault were untouched.

The journey was mostly uneventful; Maps had been purchased from roving traders, allowing the travellers to avoid known bomb impact sites, animal nesting areas and Raider bases. Food supplies were kept filled by trading and hunting, although Water was usually harder to find.

Upon reaching their destination, and discovering no sign of the water supply they had been assured of, the travellers quickly set out to secure a new source of drinkable liquid. At a nearby town, they recruited a young woman by the name of Donna, who promised to show them how to grow plants and brew them into alcohol, and secured a trading agreement, promising technology in return for basic goods and metals.

Soon, they returned to the digsite, and started the greatest endeavour of their lives. They were heroes, and their sweat, blood and tears would provide protection for hundreds of people. Thus, there was little argument when Donna named the settlement Heroicdwellers.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2010, 02:38:43 pm »

posting to watch
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2010, 02:50:44 pm »

Sweet. The site has essentially kicked off. Let's hope things take off before danger creeps in, otherwise we're no different from the other sites that have fallen derelict.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2010, 02:58:30 pm »

Having looked around the site, I think it's pretty good. No wood, but enough Tetrahedrite to make barrels, so that's not a problem and the Humans usually bring enough wood to last a year's worth of bed making. No flux, either, but that's not too big a problem.

I couldn't get marble blocks on embark (no flux at all on embark.) so I went with Obsidian for the drawbridge.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6