Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Clearly the humans are more badass than I thought ... (SPOILERS)  (Read 1427 times)

Adjective Noun

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Clearly the humans are more badass than I thought ... (SPOILERS)
« on: December 17, 2010, 04:37:11 pm »

Hey all, long time lurker here.

Had rather a surprise in Adventure mode - visited a human fort to turn in some quests only to find "Lathi, Prisoner". One description later and "An enormous scaly camel twisted into humanoid form. It undulated rythmically (bodypopping humanoid camel?). It's pale pink scales are jagged and set far apart. Beware it's poisonous vapours!

She is average in size."

Oh, and did I mention it is wielding a silver slicing knife and dressed in leather?

It seemed perfectly happy to join me, oddly the humans seemed not to mind me freeing their captive. So I have a companion! Currently waiting to see if it will cause me a hideous death once it starts flinging poison everywhere ...

But the main point is ... the humans captured a FB/Demon/whatever?! And were happily storing it in the little keep bit of a fort where the Lord lives? What was it, his special pet or something?

(Edited to add details and to mention that I am playing an unmodded .18 game)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 04:40:04 pm by Adjective Noun »

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clearly the humans are more badass than I thought ... (SPOILERS)
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 05:17:00 pm »

that happens alot.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 05:37:43 pm »

Humans hae lots of.... Unique prisoners with them usually.

Adjective Noun

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 05:41:46 pm »

Ah, sorry about that then, don't read this forum as much. Only checked the first page. My adventure came to an ignoble end anyway, after an anticlimatic skeletal hydra (vanished after one hit, damn undead bug) I got my head crushed in one move by a giant blob of salt with an austere look.

Oh well, not the best point to break a long habit of lurking

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 10:53:43 pm »

Ever heard of the human village from 40d where every human had a kobold slave and wore an iron mask? Humans are big on the whole slavery thing.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 03:18:06 am »

Ever heard of the human village from 40d where every human had a kobold slave and wore an iron mask? Humans are big on the whole slavery thing.
That sounds like something out of my a fetish magazine.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

MiniMacker

• Bay Watcher
  • Side-effects include nausia, tantrum and insanity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 05:38:02 am »

Had rather a surprise in Adventure mode - visited a human fort to turn in some quests only to find "Lathi, Prisoner". One description later and "An enormous scaly camel twisted into humanoid form. It undulated rythmically (bodypopping humanoid camel?). It's pale pink scales are jagged and set far apart. Beware it's poisonous vapours!
Did the vapours have any effect on your character?
Did your eyes rot from the inside?
It isn't a new Dwarf Fortress version until we're made to fear some kind of regular creature.  Carp, Elephants, Unicorns, Badgers, and now Mosquitos.  I've got 5 dorfBucks on the next one being plagues of groundhogs.

Adjective Noun

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2010, 07:39:00 am »

I kept an eye out, but never observed any syndromes coming into play, despite getting a good coating of the extract and advernturing for a few days afterwards. I can only assume the poisonous vapours line referred to terrible halitosis.

Trippin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2010, 09:54:17 am »

So what your saying is you found Joe camel chillin in a human castle....that's...

AWESOME! did his vapors rot your lungs out?
I imagine that every fortress will eventually become a roiling mass of naked, muddy beardballs so fat they have to travel by rolling around.