Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Buried ghost has risen and is haunting the forest :X  (Read 8083 times)

iyaerP

• Bay Watcher
  • has mandated the production of 3 gold shields.
    • View Profile
Re: Buried ghost has risen and is haunting the forest :X
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2010, 06:09:45 am »

My god...
I want toady to allow races that are grave robbers, so they will steal corpses and raise ghosts. COOLEST THING EVER! Somebody head over to suggestions, I have been drinking, and I don't do things after I have been drinking.

You sir, sound suspiciously elven.  -.-

I am watching you.

But yes. graverobbers would be awesome
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then youkill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Dwarf Fortress: So horrifying the players would rather talk about nice things, like Warhammer 40k.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2010, 06:17:32 am »

Oh leave me alone, I plan to go sleep for a week, then get back to work for the rest of the month.

Nilik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2010, 06:30:04 am »

I just want the zombies back tbh  :)

TheSummoner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2010, 01:43:33 pm »

Yes... Yes! YES!!!

We need graverobbers, but for that we also need (some) graves to have worthwhile things to rob.

Dead Mayor? He demands 500 dwarfbucks worth of goods buried with him.

Dead Baron? He demands 1500 dwarfbucks worth of goods and they have to be either gems or made of metal.

Dead King? 50,000 dwarfbucks and only precious gems, steel, silver, gold, platinum and aluminum are good enough.

Anything less and the noble in question will not be able to find peace and will rise as an incredibly malovelent ghost. Another effect is that players will need to weigh their options a bit more before deciding on an unfortunate accident.

Gamer of Indie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2010, 01:57:15 pm »

Everyone knows dwarves pass knowledge through a mass collective, fueled by alcohol. Hence their inability to sustain themselves over long periods with water; they lose the dwarven empathic connection, and become singular and... sane. Which in turn drives them crazy!

Sigged.
Everyone knows dwarves pass knowledge through a mass collective, fueled by alcohol. Hence their inability to sustain themselves over long periods with water; they lose the dwarven empathic connection, and become singular and... sane. Which in turn drives them crazy!

Hivemind

• Bay Watcher
  • PEEKABOO.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2010, 05:08:01 am »

Sigged.

Why thank you. Good to know someone appreciates my humour. It sure seemed like all those melting dwarves sure didn't.
Socks.  Lots and lots of socks.  It's the greatest Dwarven vice of all, outstripping alcohol by several orders of magnitude: the desire to own and haul as many feet-warming tubes of cloth as possible.
It's the tent of Hilarious Flying Shenanigans!  Everyone's favorite circus.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2010, 05:21:35 am »

Dead Baron? He demands 1500 dwarfbucks worth of goods and they have to be either gems or made of metal.

Dead King? 50,000 dwarfbucks and only precious gems, steel, silver, gold, platinum and aluminum are good enough.

We didnt listen to the bastards when they were alive, your average DF player looks for any excuse to douse these gits in molten rock.

What makes you think we're going to honor his funerary requests?

"Whats that?  Entombed forever in the magma sea?  Sure."
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2010, 06:39:27 am »

It might lower the turn over rate of nobles if we had to attend to there demands even after death.

Right now mine seem rather high, as the rate I kill off nobles can even out population influxes from migrants.

leftycook

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2010, 10:59:23 am »

" The undead elven necromancer Ima Raysyoorded has arrived! Guard the graveyard!

then he bumbles on over to your garbage dump. undead cockroaches and kobold theives everywhere!

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2010, 11:25:20 am »

wait, there are ghosts? And memorial slabs??

Yes, now imagine that you did not know this and sent an assortment of 50 fish cleaners, soap makers and threshers too test the magma forges fuel source was hot enough.
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2010, 11:37:49 am »

" The undead elven necromancer Ima Raysyoorded has arrived! Guard the graveyard!

then he bumbles on over to your garbage dump. undead cockroaches and kobold theives everywhere!

Someone suggest this

omigoodness.

RECRUIT SOME CSI DORFS

GRAVE ROBBER ALERT

I am so sigging this

Don Blake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2010, 01:35:14 pm »

We didnt listen to the bastards when they were alive, your average DF player looks for any excuse to douse these gits in molten rock.

And that's when you get

"The Ghost King Urist McRoyal has arisen.  Fire spirits attend upon him, and the Dead of the Fortress are enslaved to his will.  Beware his wrath."

TheSummoner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2010, 01:44:13 pm »

And you think its pefectly fine that in a fantasy simulation/worldbuilding game that takes such great pride in accuracy and fine detail to keep track of individual teeth that there is no penalty for killing your king... several times?

The fact that if you don't, his ghost will start throwing parties, killing your productivity haunting everyone, perhaps going as far as killing other dwarves.

I know you were joking, but that sounds like something a Dwarf King might actually want... Could be one of his possible demands... "Erect a slab in my name and cast my corpse and three artifacts made of stone into the magma sea! Fail me and more shall join me in the afterlife!"

doomdome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2010, 04:03:29 pm »

Don't some nobles already require tombs of a certain quality to be built for them? Although I suppose you can dismantle them right before the lever o' happiness is pulled... Still, it's about the same idea.

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2010, 09:06:25 pm »

My god...
I want toady to allow races that are grave robbers, so they will steal corpses and raise ghosts. COOLEST THING EVER! Somebody head over to suggestions, I have been drinking, and I don't do things after I have been drinking.

This is brilliant.
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.
Pages: 1 [2]