Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 569998 times)

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #3420 on: June 09, 2016, 03:18:49 pm »

So I just figured out how you can use acid from one of the spitting slugs to melt fulcrete walls. You just pour it over the point you want to penetrate and wait for a few turns. It seems a little broken, that a fairly easy-to-find trash substance negates the purpose of those rare and expensive colored card keys. Maybe, for balance, you should need one of the glass vials to hold acidic substances, and consequently be limited to a few drams per vial?

I feel a little stupid, I only put two and two together once I noticed that the honey skunks acid-gas, if correctly baited, would easily melt entire sections of fulcrete. Now, whenever I notice a spitting slug I make sure to grab at least thirty drams of the good stuff.

I also found one of the artifacts, so spoilers below:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I still think traipsing mortars are bullshit aha, I've lost more characters to their walk-around-the-corner-oneshots than anything else.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: June 09, 2016, 05:34:55 pm »

Getting through colored doors is also easy as a mutant. Just use psychometry. In fact, if you're making a tinker type character, the only reason not to take psychometry is if you're a chimera.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: June 10, 2016, 12:24:32 am »

There's a lot of ways to get past doors.

Psychometry, Clarivoyance + Teleport, Phasing, that injector that gives you phasing (although you might want to have two), vibro-weapons, disintegration, disintegration grenades (I forget their actual name; the ones that do massive damage to anything inorganic)...  when I played a non-mutant tinker, I just used disintegration grenades to dissolve the walls around the doors.  Acid and acid grenades work, too, but are less effective, since some walls have massive health.

Also, if you're using violent methods, you have to be careful not to destroy whatever's on the other side.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 12:26:26 am by Aquillion »
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: June 11, 2016, 07:04:08 am »

We nerfed Shank. Now, your short blade attacks are modified by half your agility modifier rather the full amount.
Weapon penetration displays now take Shank into account.
We added a few features to the prototype overlay UI, which you can enable in the Options menu (User Interface > Allow overlay user interface elements)
There's a gorgeous, new main menu courtesy of Cyril van der Haegen. An army of torches mounts Tel Qorna crosswise the patina of Qud's aurorae.
The help pages were converted to the new UI.
Added new tiles for these creatures.
chromeling
plated chromeling
electrofuge
worker ant
fire ant
fire ant queen
scrap-clad hermit
leering stalker
Added a new tile for plastifer sneakers.
Added some humanoid corpse varieties to certain encounters.
Added occasional trash piles to the unaffiliated caves encounters. Sometimes there's an extra big pile with some overlooked artifacts. Of course, big piles tend to attract arconauts. You're not the only adventurer in Qud, you know.
Slime puddles were slipping on other slime puddles, causing huge nested slips during the generation of slimy biomes. We fixed that. Qud is a serious place and the image of slime puddles clumsily slipping on each other doesn't belong here.
Fixed an issue causing 'replay most recent character' to fail.
We now allow .png textures from mods to override .bmp core files.
Fixed some issues around the equipment of cloned creatures incorrectly referencing the equipment of the original creature. For example, when your Temporal Fugue clones attempt to reload their weapons, you won't get the reload prompt any longer.
Added Cyril van der Haegen and Laura Bucklew to the art credits.

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: June 18, 2016, 07:06:08 am »

We added some modding features.
Added a Modding Utilities menu to the overlay UI. It's accessible from the bottom right of the main menu. (To enable the overlay, from Options > User Interface, click 'Allow overlay user interface elements').
Ported the map editor to the new UI and linked it from the Modding Utilities menu. We also removed the F11 shortcut.
Added a modding documentation wiki and linked it from the Modding Utilities menu. Here it is: https://freehold.atlassian.net/wiki/display/CQP/Caves+of+Qud+-+Technical+Guidebook
Added support for true color tiles in mods.
Added tiles for these items.
chain mail
ulnar stimulators
all varieties of metal gauntlets
all varieties of cloth and leather gloves
leather boots
chain boots
all other varieties of metal boots
grassy yurtmat
electric snail shell
forked-horned helm
Added a salty pseudopod to salty sludges. It probably doesn't dehydrate you to death (*nods assuredly*).
Added a honeyed pseudopod to honeyed sludges and a tarry pseudopod to tarry sludges. Tar and honey are sticky, so you figure it out.
When soup sludges spit liquid, the color of the animation now matches the types of liquids spit.
When an NPC tries to eat or drink while full, you no longer get the popup dialog asking you to confirm the decision.
The overlay message log no longer blocks tile clicks, making the overlay 7648% more usable.
Added a draggable corner tab to resize the overlay message log.
Fixed an error that occurred when you used Temporal Fugue with a fungal infection.
Fixed an issue where the main menu displayed while you loaded a game.
Fixed an issue where large message log contents that were causing crashes.

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: June 26, 2016, 06:57:06 am »

We added Steam Workshop support.
The workshop is now live for everyone.
Added a Steam Workshop uploader, accessible from the Modding Utilities menu.
Added a tutorial mod to the workshop called Blue Ctesiphus. This mod completely alters the Caves of Qud experience by changing Ctesiphus's color from magenta to blue.
Added an Installed Mod Configuration menu, accessible from the main menu when the overlay UI is enabled.
Added workshop documentation to the modding wiki (https://freehold.atlassian.net/wiki/display/CQP/Caves+of+Qud+-+Technical+Guidebook).

square cap
chainmail coif
all other varities of metal helmets
headlamp
recycling suit
Fist of the Ape God
throwing axe
eigencannon
copper, silver, and gold key

Along the banks of the fungal jungle's primordial soup rivers, gelologists continue to observe the strange congealing of soup sludges.
Lava sludges congeal out of soup and lava mixtures again, and now they're appropriately flaming when they congeal. They no longer instantly turn into shale.
Added slimy, oily, and unctuous sludges. Their pseudopods are slippery, so hold on to your weapons.
Added bloody sludges. They are kind, noble beasts who just want to drain your life essence.
Acid sludges congeal out of soup and acid mixtures again. It hurts when they touch you, because of acid.

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: July 02, 2016, 07:06:36 am »

We added more modding support.
Added scripting (.cs) support for the following things.
parts
skills
mutations
effects
part builders
zone builders
encounter builders
inventory builders
conversation scripts
quest scripts
Mods that use scripting require manual approval on the Installed Mod Configuration screen. To navigate to that screen, you need to enable the overlay UI.
.rpm maps can now be fully or partially modded by including a map of the same name in the root of a mod folder. A load="Merge" tag combines cell elements instead of overwriting them. You don't need to define all the cells when modding an existing map.
Added two new tutorial mods, "Two Ctesiphus" and "Hued Ctesiphus".
Added a bunch of new modding documentation: https://freehold.atlassian.net/wiki/display/CQP
Added a separate overlay UI option to enable overlay buttons: From the Options menu, choose Overlay UI > 'Show overlay button bar.'
Drinking enough wine or cider gets you drunk again.
Our top sludge researchers have published their new findings.
When a sludge catalyzes a liquid, it now gains some levels, HP, and quickness.
Added lush and spiced sludges. Some arconaut in a hookah tent is telling everyone to let them hit you and you'll get a buzz.
Added sludgy sludges. Sludgy sludges attack with sludgy pseudopods and rust your stuff with sludge.
Added gooey sludges. They're probably poisonous.
Added putrid sludges. Don't fight them on a full stomach.
Added oozing sludges. These guys don't have any sort of negative effect so you should go introduce yourself.
Added luminous sludges. They're also friendly.
Added homogenized sludges. Findings redacted.
Added neutronic sludges. Then all the researchers died.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: July 02, 2016, 08:25:04 am »

Has anyone played around with the map editor? I have some issues. I can access it quite alright, but I'm not sure how to go about adding things to the maps I load. I do see the "alt-click to select to palette" but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be clicking.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: July 02, 2016, 09:35:16 am »

This has been on the edge of my awareness for a while now, but maybe it's time to check this out. I'll post my impression of it later.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: July 02, 2016, 09:38:27 pm »

Where can I download the graphical version of this?

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: July 03, 2016, 05:59:03 am »

Only the Steam version has tiles. Free versions are ASCII only.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: July 05, 2016, 09:17:47 am »

I made a mod that lets you butcher glowfish, since I hated carrying the heavy corpses around. It was really easy, and even though I mostly made it for myself I decided to release it on the workshop.

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: July 10, 2016, 06:57:13 am »

Added a daily challenge.
We made some more modding enhancements.
Genotypes, castes, and callings are now data driven and can be modded. Check out genotypes.xml and subtypes.xml.
The Steam Workshop Uploader is now scrollable for small views.
You no longer have to restart the game for newly approved mods to take effect.
Changed some misleading language when you're evening up a trade with water.
Cleaned up some of the Skill descriptions.
Eater's flesh now has a special interaction with Mass Mind.
Removed some extraneous debug commands.
night-vision goggles
spectacles
folding chair
vinewood sap mask and gas mask
telescoping monocle
Added a new book: a scroll bound by a strand of kelp
"I come from the west. My parents sold me into slavery as a babe, though the practice had been formally abolished in Perth years earlier. As a boy I cut my teeth on the reefs of the Shore of Songs, and lulled the Pale Sea to sleep with many a hymn, that she might return our sailors from the Black Stair unscathed. How the melodies whisked inside my skull even then. I was given no name at birth, but the sailors called me Catu."

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: July 18, 2016, 07:05:40 am »

We added a framework for game sounds.
Added a few basic sounds.
Added an AmbientSoundGenerator part. [modding]
Added support for OpenSound and CloseSound tags on the Door part. [modding]
Added support for ReloadSound tag on the MagazineAmmoLoader part. [modding]
When you get a hunger or thrist warning on the world map, you're now asked if you want to stop travelling. If you choose to continue, you won't be spammed with more hunger and thrist popups.
The following properties are now available as Genotype and Subtype data: BodyObject, BaseHPGain, BaseMPGain, BaseSPGain, Tile, DetailColor, StartingLocation, MutationPoints and Reputation. [modding]
Items with clips and cells are now automatically unloaded when they're disassembled.
Added support for a mutation MaxLevel attribute in mutations.xml. The defaults is 10. [modding]
Added an option to cap keystroke buffering at two commands. It defaults to 'no'. From the Options menu, User Interface > 'Limit the input buffer to two commands'.
Fixed: Fungal infections no longer infect body slots equipped with natural equipment (for example, Carapace).
Fixed: Jewel-encrusted items no longer lose their jeweled display after you save and load. No more fake jewels. (although...)
Fixed: Stats now properly reset when you back up to the genotype selection screen during character creation.
Fixed: You can no longer have multiple 'lost' effects at one time.
Fixed: Priest of All Moons stat bonus are correct again.
Fixed: Liquid-spitting creatures like sludges no longer cause exceptions when they spit.
Fixed an exception that sometimes occured while curing fungal infections.
Reduced sandstone's HP pool.
Fixed: The rusted archway should always generate with stairs down now.
Added a level-up animation for the player.
Mechanimist scholars have resumed their work preparing the library at the Six Day Stilt cathedral for use.
Added a Corpus Generator to the Modding Utilities menu.
As some anonymous Qud author says, "Spittle flies from its bleating mouth into a ploughshare and dissolved his kingdom." [quoted from one of the countless hoary tomes unearthed by the Mechanimists]

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: July 18, 2016, 09:54:06 am »

I haven't played in some time, has anything changed to make true kins more appealing or on par with mutants? If I'm not mistaken all they had last time I played was some bonus starting stats and access to 4 cybernetics of dubious value compared to mutations.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 250