Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570211 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #3195 on: August 22, 2015, 01:33:52 pm »

Spoiler regarding new item

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: August 22, 2015, 07:40:35 pm »

Spoiler regarding new item

We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3197 on: August 23, 2015, 07:01:57 am »

Those sound more like bugs than intended function...

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: August 23, 2015, 07:54:01 am »

The waterlogged cavern seems bugged after the update. The river ends abruptly after 1-2 areas, and the rest is just generic open caverns (but it's still possible to reach Joppa through them).

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: August 23, 2015, 10:01:56 am »

Those sound more like bugs than intended function...

Yeah, those behaviors are bugs :)

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: August 24, 2015, 12:51:29 am »

FYI, fixed the waterlogged tunnel and some little bugs with shield slam and the stacking issues with metamorphic polygel on the Beta branch.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: August 24, 2015, 06:19:42 am »

Just like to say that I bought this to day and am finding it really, really great. Thanks for making this unormal.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: August 24, 2015, 12:52:19 pm »

Also, I backed up my game to test, and no, the short blade tree is not enough to defeat Saad Amus, not without a lot more levels than this.

I just breezed through him only taking 23 damage, what lvl are you? i'm 22, 1st time getting to him. He was listed as Very Tough. I still have 524 left over points atm, unsure where to put em atm.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 12:54:25 pm by Intrinsic »
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: August 26, 2015, 06:34:22 am »

Just completed the current content for the 1st time!

Almost had an issue due to a bug when i went into Tomb of the Eaters. Going down onto what i guess was the final floor the game took ages to generate the level and ate almsot 2gig of memory on the process, then when the game unfroze the floor was totally empty, i could move up and down onto different screens but again they were empty. Luckily i had a recoiler! I also lost my left arm and hand etc in there due to saw droids ;p luckily regeneration brought it back after a few days.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 06:39:15 am by Intrinsic »

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: August 27, 2015, 05:48:10 am »

Also, I backed up my game to test, and no, the short blade tree is not enough to defeat Saad Amus, not without a lot more levels than this.

I just breezed through him only taking 23 damage, what lvl are you? i'm 22, 1st time getting to him. He was listed as Very Tough. I still have 524 left over points atm, unsure where to put em atm.
I don't remember what level I was (and it was last version, so I can't load the save), but he was listed as Impossible.

I'm not sure how you could take such low damage, though...?  I believe his weapon has the vibroblade effect where it completely ignores armor, and he has massive accuracy bonuses from having the entire Long Blades tree.
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: August 27, 2015, 12:08:55 pm »

I don't remember what level I was (and it was last version, so I can't load the save), but he was listed as Impossible.

I'm not sure how you could take such low damage, though...?  I believe his weapon has the vibroblade effect where it completely ignores armor, and he has massive accuracy bonuses from having the entire Long Blades tree.

I'm wondering if something went funky, here is the log:

http://www.zenadsl5706.zen.co.uk/CoQ/Saad_1.jpg
http://www.zenadsl5706.zen.co.uk/CoQ/Saad_2.jpg
http://www.zenadsl5706.zen.co.uk/CoQ/Saad_3.jpg

I didn't know how to wake him at 1st, so i bashed a hole in the wall and shot him loads and he didn't move, so i chucked a seed at him ;p as soon as he got to me i stunned him. Then he does like 1 attack then not any more? hmm.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: August 27, 2015, 06:47:19 pm »

So I'm in a bind right now where I just don't have any direction. I'm level 13 and I can't quite do Golgotha, so I checked out the mushroom village but the quest there suggests level 20. I've gotten a couple levels working on buying gear from grit gate but now there's really nothing I can think to do. I don't want to try Golgotha again and fail (though I guess I can just keep trying with a recoiler, I feel it'll be unfun), but all I can think to do is keep collecting shit to sell and then leave the water by the merchant until they restock. What do people normally do between 13 and 20?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: August 27, 2015, 07:58:59 pm »

Try the Asphalt Mines. They have good loot and aren't too difficult, besides one monster that breathes fire.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: August 27, 2015, 08:01:30 pm »

Try the Asphalt Mines. They have good loot and aren't too difficult, besides one monster that breathes fire.
Don't forget the occasional king crabs and their 16 penetration attacks.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: August 27, 2015, 10:14:47 pm »

Depending on your build and strategy, Golgotha is doable at level 13, but I can hardly blame you for putting it off.  The trick is mostly to move quickly, avoid the vents, and have a lot of injectors.  I'd say that your equipment (and mutations, if you're a mutant) are more important than your level -- as an Esper, I usually try to level a bit more before doing Golgotha if I don't have good emergency mutations like Teleportation, Force Bubble, or Temporal Fugue.

I assume you've already:
* Completed the Watervine quest
* Made it to Grit Gate (and done the questline up to there, of course.)

You could:
* Explore ruins around Grit Gate.
* Fight Equimaxes, which should be easy and should still give decent XP.
* Explore the river near the Mushroom Village, but avoid going all the way to the end and fighting the boss.
* Explore the Rust Arch or whatever it's called midway between Joppa and Grit Gate (it's basically just another ruin at the moment, though.)
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 250