Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570386 times)

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #3045 on: July 25, 2015, 08:10:13 am »

PTW

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: July 25, 2015, 09:25:54 am »

just died of hunger after finishing all the vinewafers.
shouldnt merchants restock food atleast?

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: July 25, 2015, 10:00:54 am »

They do. Merchants will restock all their wares after some time. Vinewafers are just a very light food item, and you'll go through them rather quickly.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3048 on: July 25, 2015, 10:02:30 am »

Get butchery and kill bears, pigs, etc. You get tons of food.

Or eat corpses.

RoguelikeRazuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: July 25, 2015, 10:16:20 am »

How can I gather some eatable fruit?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3050 on: July 25, 2015, 10:17:17 am »

How can I gather some eatable fruit?
Harvestry skill, use it on watervines and various types of trees like the starapple tree

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: July 25, 2015, 10:22:26 am »

I typically kill dragonflies and eat their corpses. I've eaten a surprising number of strange corpses, and to no ill-effect.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: July 25, 2015, 10:42:35 am »

So, the watervine swamp are no longer completely safe to just wander and explore, however, the potential rewards for doing so successfully are far higher. I just killed a rare enemy group, ended up with 6 chem cells, a lightsaber, a solar cell, two urberrys, and 5 sphinx salt injectors. In the watervine swamp.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: July 25, 2015, 12:14:29 pm »

Proselytize never seems to work for me, even as a high ego Priest of All Suns. Is there certain targets that are immune?

I seem to remember it being tied more to level than ego?  you would have a better chance at lower level creatures, but things higher or equal level to you would nearly always resist?

Anyone else know better?  The Wikia site is surprisingly weak, I know there is more knowledge on the game out there but it isnt being documented anywhere that I can find.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: July 25, 2015, 01:17:18 pm »

I typically kill dragonflies and eat their corpses. I've eaten a surprising number of strange corpses, and to no ill-effect.

Yeah, unlike many roguelikes, eating insect corpses doesn't poison you. Snapjaw corpses give very little nutrition, but most everything else is fair game.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: July 25, 2015, 02:36:58 pm »

Oddly enough, the game didn't seem to react when I ate a girshling corpse. I'm uh, sure that doesn't quite work with the lore in game.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: July 25, 2015, 03:48:25 pm »

Proselytize never seems to work for me, even as a high ego Priest of All Suns. Is there certain targets that are immune?

I seem to remember it being tied more to level than ego?  you would have a better chance at lower level creatures, but things higher or equal level to you would nearly always resist?

Anyone else know better?  The Wikia site is surprisingly weak, I know there is more knowledge on the game out there but it isnt being documented anywhere that I can find.
Yes, the level of the target is very important.  Proselytize only works on things of your level or below.  If it's higher level than you, it will always fail.  If it's significantly lower level than you, you will charm it easily.  You need Beguiling to charm things above your level.

Aside from that, as far as I know, nothing is immune (I assume it doesn't work on robots, but I never tried it.)  It works on snapjaws, pumas, oozes, major NPCs, and just about anything else.  I usually play mutants with maxed Ego, and it is fairly reliable as long as the target isn't above my level -- not 100% reliable, but I can walk up to a hostile enemy and have a decent chance of getting it on my side.

Oddly enough, the game didn't seem to react when I ate a girshling corpse. I'm uh, sure that doesn't quite work with the lore in game.
I always wondered what happened when you did that, but never got around to testing it.  Oh well.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 03:51:52 pm by Aquillion »
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: July 25, 2015, 03:57:12 pm »

Also, indiegames.com has covered Qud.
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: July 25, 2015, 08:15:41 pm »

Trade is done in Dollars?  Someone either made a mistake, or had an over-zealous editor.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3059 on: July 25, 2015, 08:41:10 pm »

Trade is done in Dollars?  Someone either made a mistake, or had an over-zealous editor.
isn't there a dollars symbol on the trade screen?
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 250