Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570424 times)

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #2910 on: July 13, 2015, 10:02:24 pm »

*New tiles
*Updated descriptions
*Fixed cybernetics terminal crashes
*Added laptop defaults file

(This is probably the release build for Wednesday, since I have a bunch of web stuff to do tomorrow before release.)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 10:08:05 pm by unormal »

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: July 14, 2015, 07:54:25 am »

$9.99

Steam wallet is prepared.  :D

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: July 15, 2015, 08:46:49 am »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2913 on: July 15, 2015, 08:51:34 am »

Aww yeah. Purchased

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: July 15, 2015, 08:52:11 am »

Well, got beaten, but yes, Caves of Qud is live on steam!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/333640/

So much thanks to everyone in the thread that's helped with long years of support, feedback and testing!

...and check out our trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqz0p_kiDIQ&feature=youtu.be

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: July 15, 2015, 09:10:33 am »

Caves of Qud is live on steam!
Hurrah! :))

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: July 15, 2015, 10:20:41 am »

Can anyone tell me how to find those watervine eating critters? I'm walking around at redstone for the past 30 minutes and didn't find anything.
Nvm. I wasn't aware that there are stair cases and actually never found one until now.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 11:15:42 am by rumpel »

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: July 15, 2015, 05:00:45 pm »

Can you still store your items safely in one of the empty buildings in Joppa?

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: July 15, 2015, 05:26:05 pm »

Loving the game so far - I'm usually quite biased towards the ASCII version of any roguelike - but I love the art direction for the tiles you've used here. Really good stuff.

In the hour I've played the game so far, I do have a few things I'd like to share though;

As a minor suggestion, could you maybe include an option to change the save directory location? I guess DF has spoiled me with its "all-in-one directory" style, but I do tend to play the same game from PC to laptop to another PC. Having the save directory hidden away in AppData makes things a little more difficult in that regard.

And I also have my first bug report (I think),  upon spawning in the first little starter town - Mehmet and that one warden due north seem to be hostile to another - quickly leading the Mehmet's demise. Not sure if it's intended or not, but I've seen it occur twice so far on brand new characters.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: July 15, 2015, 05:28:48 pm »

As a minor suggestion, could you maybe include an option to change the save directory location? I guess DF has spoiled me with its "all-in-one directory" style, but I do tend to play the same game from PC to laptop to another PC. Having the save directory hidden away in AppData makes things a little more difficult in that regard.

Yeah, that's a good suggestion and def. in the backlog; it's especially useful for supporting one-usb-stick play.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: July 15, 2015, 05:31:37 pm »

Yeah, that's a good suggestion and def. in the backlog; it's especially useful for supporting one-usb-stick play.

If you aren't going to drm it you might as well keep everything in one folder.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: July 15, 2015, 05:32:35 pm »

Windows is pretty unhappy with stuff in Program Files as a normal user, and some people stash their Steam stuff there.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: July 15, 2015, 07:54:29 pm »

Windows is pretty unhappy with stuff in Program Files as a normal user, and some people stash their Steam stuff there.

Sucks to be them.

Really.

Yeah, I know why you done it the way you did. How about a cfg config to declare where the save is? Something we can edit for portable Qud?

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: July 15, 2015, 07:55:25 pm »

Sucks to be them.

Really.

Yeah, I know why you done it the way you did. How about a cfg config to declare where the save is? Something we can edit for portable Qud?

Yes, like I said, it's in the backlog to get done for sure. Just didn't make it in for EA release.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2924 on: July 16, 2015, 04:41:27 am »

So hey, how are sales going? Better than expected? worse?

Edit: Also a silly bug report. If you use cheat engine to increase the points remaining for attributes on character creation to something like 900 then try to "F1 to random remaining" it just... it just can't handle it. :P

Edit2: Also why doesn't multiple arm/leg mutation give rep with arachnids like the stinger does?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 04:52:37 am by forsaken1111 »
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 250