Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570436 times)

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #2895 on: July 07, 2015, 05:14:18 pm »

Does buying the game on the website give me access to the beta steam version?

No, not automatically. That link will just redirect to steam next week when it's live. Though if you've registered it in the past you can e-mail me and ask nicely, and I'll probably hook you up.

Ah, so not available yet if I buy it today?  Guess I'll wait for steam release!

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: July 07, 2015, 11:01:25 pm »

Did we ever determine how to pronounce Qud?

I always say "Cud" or "Kud" with a hard C

I've always pronounced it 'kuud' (or, er, kud with an umlaut). Sounds suitably foreign/mysterious to my Yankee ears.

Nice image (looks very board game-like) - the background structure makes me think of the tower of babel, but can't seem to find anything quite like it on the web.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: July 07, 2015, 11:08:12 pm »

I'll be picking this up as soon as it goes up on Steam.

Same
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

blazing glory

« Reply #2898 on: July 08, 2015, 06:15:31 pm »

Did we ever determine how to pronounce Qud?

I always say "Cud" or "Kud" with a hard C
I say it as "Kwud" 'cause why not.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: July 12, 2015, 01:27:28 am »

[SteamQud July 5, 2015]
http://steamcommunity.com/app/333640/discussions/0/530646080848194826/
*Party members will no longer cause the party leader to aggro himself when they accidentally shoot each other
I'm still encountering a version of this bug in the latest version.  While I no longer go hostile to myself if an ally hits me, I'll go hostile to myself if an ally hits another ally.  This is easiest to reproduce with Burgeoning -- activate burgeoning, wish for any enemy, then walk around in circles for a bit while the spitting vines shoot at you and eventually they'll hit another friendly plant, making you hostile to yourself.
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: July 12, 2015, 03:15:39 pm »

I remember playing some version of this back in the day, neat game. Glad to see it's making a comeback.

Does anyone have a specific date when the steam release will be made available to the general public?
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: July 12, 2015, 03:20:05 pm »

I remember playing some version of this back in the day, neat game. Glad to see it's making a comeback.

Does anyone have a specific date when the steam release will be made available to the general public?

Wednesday!

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: July 12, 2015, 03:23:57 pm »

Wednesday!

Sweet! Thanks for the quick reply there. I'll be picking this up on launch for sure.

edit: as a followup question, will this new version be made available on other distribution sites outside of steam? Like gog?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 03:34:22 pm by Witty »
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: July 12, 2015, 05:32:41 pm »

Wednesday!

Sweet! Thanks for the quick reply there. I'll be picking this up on launch for sure.

edit: as a followup question, will this new version be made available on other distribution sites outside of steam? Like gog?

Yeah, we'll have it up on humble via store or widget. Though the Steam version isn't locked to steam via DRM, so you can copy the files you get from steam over to a thumbdrive or whatever and run it without Steam if you want.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: July 12, 2015, 09:36:43 pm »

Yeah, we'll have it up on humble via store or widget. Though the Steam version isn't locked to steam via DRM, so you can copy the files you get from steam over to a thumbdrive or whatever and run it without Steam if you want.

Even better! Thanks again.

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: July 13, 2015, 11:00:30 am »

Wednesday!

Awesome! How much will it cost? :o

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: July 13, 2015, 11:05:49 am »

Wednesday!

Awesome! How much will it cost? :o

$9.99

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2907 on: July 13, 2015, 12:05:19 pm »

my wallet is ready

Amuys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: July 13, 2015, 04:02:03 pm »

Downloaded the beta from a friend, will be getting the game. Hopefully the memory leaks will get fixed though.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2909 on: July 13, 2015, 04:33:54 pm »

I vote for MORE memory leaks. Can't have plebs with 2GB of RAM playing awesome games.
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 250