Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570508 times)

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #2880 on: July 05, 2015, 01:58:44 pm »

Hrm.  I'm hostile to my own faction again.  I have no idea when it happened, either -- I noticed after entering Golgotha when I was looking around, but it could have happened earlier and I didn't catch it until now.  I have a slugsnout as a companion (and I know I wasn't hostile to myself before getting them.)  Possibly it happened when they hit my by accident or something?  Or when they were caught in my cryogenesis field?  I have no real idea.  Maybe looking at yourself wasn't the only way to cause the bug?

(This is using the latest version, with the above hotfix.)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 02:36:57 pm by Aquillion »
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: July 05, 2015, 02:35:16 pm »

Hrm.  I'm hostile to my own faction again.  I have no idea when it happened, either -- I noticed after entering Golgotha when I was looking around, but it could have happened earlier and I didn't catch it until now.  I have a slugsnout as a companion (and I know I wasn't hostile to myself before getting them.)  Possibly it happened when they hit my by accident or something?  Or when they were caught in my cryogenesis field?  I have no real idea.  Maybe looking at yourself wasn't the only way to cause the bug?

Alright, I'll be working on some other faction issues in the next day or two so I'll see if I can clean it up.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: July 05, 2015, 02:38:25 pm »

Alright, I'll be working on some other faction issues in the next day or two so I'll see if I can clean it up.
Thanks!  Adding to the above, I was able to reproduce it on another character by wishing up a Slugsnout, charming it, then fighting something else while standing between it and the enemy so it would hit me by accident.  As soon as it did, I was hostile to myself, so it looks like you become hostile to yourself if an ally accidentally hits you with a ranged attack.  There are a few other odd cases where an ally might hit you with a melee attack (if you're standing on a Dreadroot it's trying to kill, say), which I assume might also cause the bug.
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: July 05, 2015, 08:04:04 pm »

Thanks!  Adding to the above, I was able to reproduce it on another character by wishing up a Slugsnout, charming it, then fighting something else while standing between it and the enemy so it would hit me by accident.  As soon as it did, I was hostile to myself, so it looks like you become hostile to yourself if an ally accidentally hits you with a ranged attack.  There are a few other odd cases where an ally might hit you with a melee attack (if you're standing on a Dreadroot it's trying to kill, say), which I assume might also cause the bug.

[SteamQud July 5, 2015]
http://steamcommunity.com/app/333640/discussions/0/530646080848194826/
*Wardens now take their job more seriously
*The default action for meds is now get instead of apply when they are in a container other than the player's inventory
*Party members will now correctly defend each other
*Party leaders are now annoyed when you attack their followers
*Party members will no longer cause the party leader to aggro himself when they accidentally shoot each other
*Turrets now properly award XP to their owner
*Turrets are now aligned with the player's level for purposes of xp calculations
*Fixed an issue with faction encounter type ratios

Crazy Horse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: July 05, 2015, 10:13:42 pm »

Been unexpectedly hooked on this for a week now. Being a reader of Wolfe and Jack Vance I can get behind the setting quite easily. Was pleasantly surprised to see Wolfe cited as an inspiration. Nice to see more rougelikes using a fresh theme. Looking forward to the Steam release.

Also I found that using Wounding Fire twice on your Evil Twin causes him to drop what he has in both hands. Evil Twin is pretty much a fantastic perk in this case.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: July 06, 2015, 09:08:11 pm »

I possessed a Chitinous Puma with Dominate, and found that its right front leg in its equipment menu is listed as a "right lront leg."

EDIT:  Maybe more importantly, I later accidentally walked into the elevator shaft in Bethesda Susa while possessing a creature, and the game locked up on the "unfreezing zone" message; I left it running for a while, then tried to open the task manager and found that my entire computer had locked up so badly that I had to force-reboot.  Presumably it caused some runaway loop that made me run out of memory or something, but the game should probably handle that situation more gracefully.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 10:18:20 pm by Aquillion »

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: July 06, 2015, 10:22:23 pm »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2887 on: July 07, 2015, 07:37:40 am »

oooo!

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: July 07, 2015, 10:07:01 am »

Choo-choo! Hype train coming through.

All aboooooaaaard!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2889 on: July 07, 2015, 10:32:36 am »

Did we ever determine how to pronounce Qud?

I always say "Cud" or "Kud" with a hard C

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: July 07, 2015, 11:03:12 am »

Did we ever determine how to pronounce Qud?

I always say "Cud" or "Kud" with a hard C

The more important question is can I use it in Scrabble?

Scrabble: Roguelike Edition (tm)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 11:04:50 am by BigD145 »

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: July 07, 2015, 02:37:38 pm »

Does buying the game on the website give me access to the beta steam version?

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: July 07, 2015, 02:47:14 pm »

Does buying the game on the website give me access to the beta steam version?

No, not automatically. That link will just redirect to steam next week when it's live. Though if you've registered it in the past you can e-mail me and ask nicely, and I'll probably hook you up.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: July 07, 2015, 05:05:53 pm »

I like it. Really reminds me of old RPG books.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2894 on: July 07, 2015, 05:06:41 pm »

I'll be picking this up as soon as it goes up on Steam.
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 250